Auto dealers fight for survival

Auto dealers fight for survival

There are 49 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Mar 30, 2009, titled Auto dealers fight for survival. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

The numbers are down. And the news isn't good. But auto dealers like John Leese says they will make it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jag

Wichita, KS

#43 Apr 1, 2009
These failing automakers don't make the grade--that is why they are failing. For far too long, buyers have gotten the vehicles with mechanical problems that the companies have failed to address. Honda and Toyota have proven they can provide qaulity vehicles for the American buyers and that is why these automakers are on top of the game.

“Infinitely Interesting”

Since: Jan 09

Kalamazoo, MI

#44 Apr 1, 2009
Cadillac Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Choose not too negotiate? I buy cars and trucks for my business all the time. All of the dealers I work with negotiate. You just have to go in informed and with the mindset that they have to make a living too. They have families and mortgages to take care of just like everyone else and are completely entitled to make a profit.
I didn't say they weren't entitled. I just won't pay thousands over invoice like other people do. I absolutely refuse. Generally I do buy during rebate times as well. I am particular about how much I am willing to pay, but not unrealistic. My boyfriend's father sold cars for years. He taught me what how to negotiate and pay close to invoice. There are dealers willing to negotiate, but then there are others that don't even try. Did you read the rest of my post?

“Infinitely Interesting”

Since: Jan 09

Kalamazoo, MI

#45 Apr 1, 2009
something loaded wrong, sorry for the triple post.

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#46 Apr 1, 2009
Patricia wrote:
Although I never did in the past, yes, I now drive a 2007 Ford Fushion--and have never, ever had one problem with this car.
Thanks for buying a MEXICAN car!!
Ellen

Montague, MI

#47 Apr 1, 2009
Gentle Taz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for buying a MEXICAN car!!
Taz, I understand what your suggesting. But, there isn't one car built that is fully American. Its either the car is built in Mexico of alot of its components are built there. So I ask, what appeals to you?

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#48 Apr 1, 2009
Ellen wrote:
<quoted text>Taz, I understand what your suggesting. But, there isn't one car built that is fully American. Its either the car is built in Mexico of alot of its components are built there. So I ask, what appeals to you?
Something like a Pontiac G5, assembled in Ohio with 85% US made content or GMC Canyon, assembled in the US with mostly US made content. Those are just a couple examples. There are many others. Just read the window stickers. They are enlightening.
Ellen

Montague, MI

#49 Apr 1, 2009
Gentle Taz wrote:
<quoted text>
Something like a Pontiac G5, assembled in Ohio with 85% US made content or GMC Canyon, assembled in the US with mostly US made content. Those are just a couple examples. There are many others. Just read the window stickers. They are enlightening.
I agree! But, I'll guarantee neither of those are 100% completly American. I'm betting parts of those are made across the boarder.
my thoughts

Holland, MI

#50 Apr 1, 2009
I work at Magna donnelly and everyone says to buy American well we make more windows and mirrors,etc. for toyota,Honda, etc. than we do for GM. My daughter also had a Saturn (as a previous person had talked about) and at 70,000 miles it started on fire and burnt completely. they never found out why. Most of our family now drive Honda,s with very little problems.

Since: Nov 07

Littleton, CO

#51 Apr 8, 2009
byd.com is looking for dealerships. They're vehicles will be coming to the us (Electric and Hybrid) and they are way ahead of the American auto makers in hybrid technology. Their cars are alot cheaper than the American vehicles and will be the cars of the future. Something to think about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Truly Disturbing Racism and The Silence That Fo... 18 hr MrsMrs90 29
News The Latest: Trump calls Election Day 'our Indep... 22 hr CZars_R_US 359
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 22 hr a commenter 1,147
News GE Aviation lops off 95 Grand Rapids jobs (Jun '08) Thu Great full GE Pro... 58
News Universal Forest Products closes five plants, p... (Jan '08) Jan 18 Madoff zionism 19
Local News Women (Apr '09) Jan 15 T-Man 2,823
News Donald Trump defends use of "sch****ed" against... (Dec '15) Jan 14 MrsMrs90 89

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages