Meredith Baxter: Yes, I'm gay

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

Big O

Jackson, MI

#1 Dec 2, 2009
"Family Ties" actress Meredith Baxter made the media rounds Wednesday confirming the rumors that she is a lesbian."

After 3 marriages .... hmmmmm ...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/02/mere...

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2 Dec 2, 2009
As long as she is happy, I don't care. I saw the interview with Matt this morning. I still like her acting. Just as I didn't care when Ellen came out. I thought she was funny, and I still think she is funny.
Big O wrote:
"Family Ties" actress Meredith Baxter made the media rounds Wednesday confirming the rumors that she is a lesbian."
Dan Bana

United States

#3 Dec 3, 2009
Big O wrote:
It can happen to anyone.

“Be Respectful”

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids

#4 Dec 3, 2009
KCGR wrote:
As long as she is happy, I don't care. I saw the interview with Matt this morning. I still like her acting. Just as I didn't care when Ellen came out. I thought she was funny, and I still think she is funny.
<quoted text>
I agree with you, and I've always liked her acting, too. As far as Ellen goes, she has always been funny, and I absolutely love people that can make me laugh.
Big O

Jackson, MI

#5 Dec 3, 2009
Dan Bana wrote:
<quoted text>
It can happen to anyone.
She must have had an inkling along the way thru 3 marriages and 62 years of living. Oh, well, good luck to her.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#6 Dec 4, 2009
At 62, who really cares...it's not like anybody wanted some.....
bobolinq

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Dec 6, 2009
kudos to ms. baxter. i've followed her career of sorts and always respected her talent. certainly don't know her, but have always liked her. the announcement doesn't change anything for me.
i look forward when there won't come such a day.

“O__o ?”

Since: May 08

Grandville

#8 Dec 7, 2009
Gail in Wyoming wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you, and I've always liked her acting, too. As far as Ellen goes, she has always been funny, and I absolutely love people that can make me laugh.
Agreed. I love Ellen, she really gets me going!
WOW

Bangor, MI

#10 Dec 7, 2009
Marti from Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I love Ellen, she really gets me going!
You may want to rephrase that!
say what

Detroit, MI

#11 Dec 7, 2009
bobolinq wrote:
i look forward when there won't come such a day.
I look forward to the day when people stop feeling a need to announce their sexual preferences to the world.
Really...why on earth should this be newsworthy?

“Pig-O-Riffic!”

Since: Nov 08

United States

#12 Dec 7, 2009
So what? I'm straight. Is someone going to write a news article about that?
Flawed

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Dec 7, 2009
PiggyTail wrote:
So what? I'm straight. Is someone going to write a news article about that?
I don't know... Are you famous? Did you go on the Today show and make that statement? Were you in previous homosexual relationships and everyone knew you as being in those relationships?

"Now it all makes sense." David Birney
Jojo

Hudsonville, MI

#14 Dec 7, 2009
Cannot understand why all this make's headline's? What about the "celeb's" that go both way's? Can't tell me that none of them do! It's a "FACT OF LIFE" & nobody is gonna know about it unless you're famous!...=0)
Rval

United States

#15 Jun 2, 2011
Jojo wrote:
Cannot understand why all this make's headline's? What about the "celeb's" that go both way's? Can't tell me that none of them do! It's a "FACT OF LIFE" & nobody is gonna know about it unless you're famous!...=0)
I always knew that you swung both ways Jojo.
rvals lesbian lover

Grand Blanc, MI

#16 Jun 2, 2011
pine rest has been lots of fun, but they might need some carpet cleaning after our stay here

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 2 hr Hudsonville Girl 995
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 2 hr sam paolantonio 1,884
WLLA channel 64 - off the air? (Feb '12) 6 hr Cecil Beaty 15
Local News Women (Apr '09) 16 hr Juanito 2,363
Poll Are you tired of the gays and their various pro... (Feb '13) Sat Sharon 8
News Dangerous trains rolling through West Michigan. Sat Who 1
News Woman Gets 3-7-Years For Shooting Over Bacon-le... Apr 22 Porky 3
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]