President Romney
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Old Man Winter

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Jan 12, 2012
I'm a forward looking person.
If Romney is going to be our next anointed one from the ruling class,I think we should start laying off Obama and start blaming him for everything (and I mean everything) that's wrong in the world.

Just trying to be proactive here folks.

“lover”

Since: Feb 09

Dorr MI

#2 Jan 12, 2012
Old Man Winter wrote:
I'm a forward looking person.
If Romney is going to be our next anointed one from the ruling class,I think we should start laying off Obama and start blaming him for everything (and I mean everything) that's wrong in the world.
Just trying to be proactive here folks.
Firt order of business, repeal the cigarette tax...
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#3 Jan 12, 2012
You've selected the operative forum......
OhohObama

United States

#4 Jan 12, 2012
Living Large2 wrote:
<quoted text>Firt order of business, repeal the cigarette tax...
Ditto that !!!
Romney

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Jan 13, 2012
When I am the new chosen one, all your lives will be instantly better.

I promise.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#6 Jan 13, 2012
Living Large2 wrote:
<quoted text>Firt order of business, repeal the cigarette tax...
Technically, i have quit....only to fall of the wagon, about every 60 days, whereby i buy a pack of L&M Bold Menthol 100's, at the Walgreens....$4,64.....is that about the same as up there? Seems awful high, maybe cause i used to always buy, by the carton.....
Lenny Lobbyist

Caledonia, MI

#7 Jan 13, 2012
Romney wrote:
When I am the new chosen one, all your lives will be instantly better.
I promise.
Can I keep my job? I've worked vary hard for president Obama.

“lover”

Dorr MI

#8 Jan 13, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> Technically, i have quit....only to fall of the wagon, about every 60 days, whereby i buy a pack of L&M Bold Menthol 100's, at the Walgreens....$4,64.....is that about the same as up there? Seems awful high, maybe cause i used to always buy, by the carton.....
I usually roll my own, it figures out to about a buck a pack. Although sometimes I buy a pack of Pall Malls for around $4.75 a pack. I've cut back alot, maybe a pack every 3 days.
Romney

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Jan 13, 2012
Lenny Lobbyist wrote:
<quoted text>Can I keep my job? I've worked vary hard for president Obama.
Absolutely!
Unless it's outsourced to China or India.

I promise!

“lover”

Dorr MI

#10 Jan 13, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> Technically, i have quit....only to fall of the wagon, about every 60 days, whereby i buy a pack of L&M Bold Menthol 100's, at the Walgreens....$4,64.....is that about the same as up there? Seems awful high, maybe cause i used to always buy, by the carton.....
I grew my own tobacco a couple years ago in my garden. I ordered the seeds at seedman.com , started them in the house and transplanted them outside. They grew about 6 feet tall and were beutiful plants. The smoke wasn't that great though, I guess I didn't add all the chemicals the tobacco companies do. It still was kinda fun though.
OhohObama

United States

#11 Jan 13, 2012
Living Large2 wrote:
<quoted text>I grew my own tobacco a couple years ago in my garden. I ordered the seeds at seedman.com , started them in the house and transplanted them outside. They grew about 6 feet tall and were beutiful plants. The smoke wasn't that great though, I guess I didn't add all the chemicals the tobacco companies do. It still was kinda fun though.
You should see how they cure "burly" tobacco, there are 3 ways to cure it.

I don't think that is spelled right
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#12 Jan 13, 2012
Living Large2 wrote:
<quoted text>I grew my own tobacco a couple years ago in my garden. I ordered the seeds at seedman.com , started them in the house and transplanted them outside. They grew about 6 feet tall and were beutiful plants. The smoke wasn't that great though, I guess I didn't add all the chemicals the tobacco companies do. It still was kinda fun though.
I weaned myself down with pipe tobacco, for a longtime....not as lung destructive as the stuff they put in cigarettes...hell, i only want 1-2, but they only sell them by the 20...lol...
Dominic

Littleton, CO

#13 Jan 13, 2012
Obama is a total disaster, but he will be re-elected, because Romney is a phony and a flip-flopper. The Republicans put up a bunch of fools for candidates this time, because their best candidates didn't want to run (Mitch Daniels, Christie, Jeb Bush.) So it will be 4 more years of disastrous Obama policies and then we can get a real conservative in there in 2016 to clean up Obama's mess. Romney is no good.

“Somebody Stop Me”

Since: Nov 08

Branson

#14 Jan 13, 2012
Romney wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely!
Unless it's outsourced to China or India.
I promise!
Or unless it becomes a casualty of the ever present trend in the private sector to increase the ratio of more chiefs than indians. Kind of like the minority of the population currently paying for the majority of us who pay no federal taxes while we exponentially increase the debt perpetually.

“Somebody Stop Me”

Branson

#15 Jan 14, 2012
Dominic wrote:
Obama is a total disaster, but he will be re-elected, because Romney is a phony and a flip-flopper. The Republicans put up a bunch of fools for candidates this time, because their best candidates didn't want to run (Mitch Daniels, Christie, Jeb Bush.) So it will be 4 more years of disastrous Obama policies and then we can get a real conservative in there in 2016 to clean up Obama's mess. Romney is no good.
You have to understand the Republican's only chance is to put up another candidate similar to McCain who isn't shrill about issues that translate to embracing special interest groups equates to number of votes received. Rush Limbaugh clearly illustrated the party's strategy after Newt surged in Iowa when he pretended to endorse the movement of voters to embrace conservatism, but at the same time he actually made an audibly harsh comment directly pointed at Romney that advised him that his only potential to secure the nomination was to run to the right of Newt. You see, the learning curve of the McCain loss? Roll out a candidate who doesn't intimidate the voters, and tell them whatever they want to hear. The Republicans are counting on the fact that the majority of people in the country are uninformed and won't realize that Romney is just Obama light, and that he will be able to appeal to their dislike of Obama. Unfortunately, since he can't differentiate himself from the current administration, or either party entrenched in Washington who has proven that polls are the order of the day, even after the Republicans were elected in 2010 to change the agenda, but instead choose to accept every Democratic proposal, last case in point, the ongoing 60 day budget extension, then he will fall victim to the media’s love affair with President Obama. Believe me, Newt is dead right when he says that although the media seems to characterize Romney as the spit and polished candidate the Republican voters seem to find appealing, they will crucify his history in business as a corporate raider by showing human interest stories with victims of his corporate takeovers, downsizing of companies, and outsourcing of jobs, while at the same time chronicling his history of flip-flopping on issues when the general election cycle begins. Rush just couldn’t leave it alone when the polls were clearly indicating people were fed up with anything establishment.

“Often imitated...poorl y”

Since: Feb 08

Just east of Lyra.

#17 Jan 14, 2012
I love the idiots who did not realize how much trouble this nation was in until January 20, 2009. Nice of you to catch up.

Here is an update for the who have the memory span of a goldfish (or a carp, if you will): The dems were elected en masse in 2008, because people wanted change after 8 years of fascist corporatocracy. After two years, and little discernible change, people forgot where the trouble started and elected a bunch of rabid corporate teabaggers, and still nothing changed.

Anyone else starting to see that nothing will change, regardless of who we elect, until we as a working class wake up and realize who our true enemies are?

Here's a clue, for those who so obviously need one-(they're corporate conservatives, and they own both parties, which is why nothing changes).

Anyone seeing a pattern, here?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#18 Jan 14, 2012
Cyclops Rex wrote:
I love the idiots who did not realize how much trouble this nation was in until January 20, 2009. Nice of you to catch up.
Here is an update for the who have the memory span of a goldfish (or a carp, if you will): The dems were elected en masse in 2008, because people wanted change after 8 years of fascist corporatocracy. After two years, and little discernible change, people forgot where the trouble started and elected a bunch of rabid corporate teabaggers, and still nothing changed.
Anyone else starting to see that nothing will change, regardless of who we elect, until we as a working class wake up and realize who our true enemies are?
Here's a clue, for those who so obviously need one-(they're corporate conservatives, and they own both parties, which is why nothing changes).
Anyone seeing a pattern, here?
So, one eye..you spend your days calling everyone else stupid because you feel you are smarter than the entire free world. So, instead of wasting perfectly good air saying the same BS day after day, offer us your superior words of wisdom on who and how we should vote! I make no promise that I will do what you say, but as my Dad used to say, "Just bitching without offering the solution is useless and negative". Try being positive for a change. It should be fairly obvious to everyone that the choices we have now are totally useless...soooo, should we vote for you??? Your tact on these boards would not serve you very well in the diplomatic area unless you are like Obama and would ass kiss everyone.

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#19 Jan 14, 2012
The Real Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>So, one eye..you spend your days calling everyone else stupid because you feel you are smarter than the entire free world. So, instead of wasting perfectly good air saying the same BS day after day, offer us your superior words of wisdom on who and how we should vote! I make no promise that I will do what you say, but as my Dad used to say, "Just bitching without offering the solution is useless and negative". Try being positive for a change. It should be fairly obvious to everyone that the choices we have now are totally useless...soooo, should we vote for you??? Your tact on these boards would not serve you very well in the diplomatic area unless you are like Obama and would ass kiss everyone.
I say vote every incumbant out of office, 100% across the board in every election, no matter what the alternative choice, Dem or Rep, get them out!!
It that does not work, vote the next batch out of office and keep doing so until We the People are represented.
When they realize they need to represent, respect,and fear We the People more than corporations we will begin to make headway.

“Often imitated...poorl y”

Since: Feb 08

Just east of Lyra.

#20 Jan 14, 2012
The Real Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>So, one eye..you spend your days calling everyone else stupid because you feel you are smarter than the entire free world. So, instead of wasting perfectly good air saying the same BS day after day, offer us your superior words of wisdom on who and how we should vote! I make no promise that I will do what you say, but as my Dad used to say, "Just bitching without offering the solution is useless and negative". Try being positive for a change. It should be fairly obvious to everyone that the choices we have now are totally useless...soooo, should we vote for you??? Your tact on these boards would not serve you very well in the diplomatic area unless you are like Obama and would ass kiss everyone.
Tact is actually part of the problem, Sandy. It is simply another word for lying, ultimately.

Sadly, in this country, too many people vote based upon what they are told, instead of actively looking at the candidate's (or party's) past performance. And those are the people who still even bother to vote at all.

I would never run for public office, because I would not last a full term before someone shot me. That seems to be the way it ends for people who REALLY want to change things.

“Somebody Stop Me”

Branson

#21 Jan 14, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I say vote every incumbant out of office, 100% across the board in every election, no matter what the alternative choice, Dem or Rep, get them out!!
It that does not work, vote the next batch out of office and keep doing so until We the People are represented.
When they realize they need to represent, respect,and fear We the People more than corporations we will begin to make headway.
Hi Mr. Wiggley. Hope you are well. I quite agree with you. When the "Super Committee" had an assignment to cut 2.5% of spending over the next 10 years, while at the same time the country continues to accumulate debt at a rate of 50% more expenditures than we collect in tax revenue, there is something terribly wrong. And I don't see how the S&P could consider what would have amounted to nothing more than reducing the automatic cost of living adjustment the government entitles itself to, and no real cut in spending, anything that would allow them to maintain the current rating we have, which I believe is considered "at risk"? Knowing you are an informed individual, what did you think about Greece, Spain, Italy, and a couple other European countries I can't remember having their credit ratings lowered? Since the people were rioting in the streets when the Europeans were debating how to cut spending, that's all you have to consider, if there is a spike in violence with regard to a debt solution, it will be because they actually addressed their problems. I don't count on it though. And we are doing the same thing. Spend, spend, spend. My crystal ball says look for a whole lot of inflation occuring on a continuing basis. Kind of like the mountain climber on "The Price Is Right". He keeps walking until he goes over the cliff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Book about boy in dress causes stir at Michigan... 5 hr Who 27
republican farce must stop . . . it's over GOP 18 hr Idea Maker 2
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 18 hr Idea Maker 1,070
Ladies - Make $$ w/ your feet (Jan '15) Mon sexylexy1414 11
Hot Sauce In Her Bag Swag! May 22 District 1 22
Americans need not apply May 22 Idea Maker 12
Local News Women (Apr '09) May 21 john6113 2,628
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages