Lakeshore

Grand Haven, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Great news for Ford. Better news for stock holders. Way to go Ford.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

This is a testament to the better ideas, Ford does have. Unfortunatly, these"Car of the Year" awards are often marketing motivated, depending on an automotive companys advertising spending with said magazine........seems i recall that the Renault Alliance was a previous winner......
UATW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Wonderful news. American car companies do have some really nice cars. And Ford took no free money!

Since: Jan 09

Hersey, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

There have been some rather dubious winners over the years and I certainly wouldn't purchase a vehicle based on that award or any other for that matter. That being said, I think the Ford Fusion is a fine automobile.

Here's my car of the year story. I bought a second hand Renault Alliance for my daughter when she was in college (she was attending Central and we lived in New Hudson) After about a year of constant repairs, she came home from school one weekend, parked in the drive, came in the house and 10 minutes later a neighbor was banging on our door telling us the car was on fire. I called the fire dept. and we barely got her clothes and personal effects out of it before the whole car went up in flames. It started in the engine compartment but we never did figure out what caused it.

Since: Jun 09

Negaunee, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Im glad I have several connections and family members who work directly for Ford!
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

abranger wrote:
There have been some rather dubious winners over the years and I certainly wouldn't purchase a vehicle based on that award or any other for that matter. That being said, I think the Ford Fusion is a fine automobile.
Here's my car of the year story. I bought a second hand Renault Alliance for my daughter when she was in college (she was attending Central and we lived in New Hudson) After about a year of constant repairs, she came home from school one weekend, parked in the drive, came in the house and 10 minutes later a neighbor was banging on our door telling us the car was on fire. I called the fire dept. and we barely got her clothes and personal effects out of it before the whole car went up in flames. It started in the engine compartment but we never did figure out what caused it.
I can totally believe your tale of destruction.....i bought a spotless Renault Alliance that an asian couple traded in at the dealership, where i worked. Seems asians, especially chinese keep their cars immaculate, no smoking or eating ever. Anyway, my wife who it was for, did'nt like it and it developed constant overheating and thermostat problems, so sold it to F&I guy. He ended up ignoring the problems and the whole cooling system exploded thru the dash..........excellent....
Fred

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

It's built in Mexico so it's not an American car.

“Everybody gets one (L)”

Since: Apr 09

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Fred wrote:
shhhhhhhh don't tell people truth like that... you'll be called.... un-American

Since: Jan 09

Hersey, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Fred wrote:
The key word is assembled. Many "American" cars are assembled elsewhere. That's the way it is and there's not much anyone can do about it. If you want an all American care manufactured and assembled in this country of solely American content....good luck.

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Fred wrote:
LOL, not so loud. Ford doesn't want anyone to know that it's a Mexican built AND assembled car that they are pushing off as American Made...

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Hurley35 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, not so loud. Ford doesn't want anyone to know that it's a Mexican built AND assembled car that they are pushing off as American Made...
Guess where your chevy engine came from.
What is stamped right in the block?
UATW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Hurley35 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, not so loud. Ford doesn't want anyone to know that it's a Mexican built AND assembled car that they are pushing off as American Made...
Here we go again....it's still an American car company!!!!!!!!!!Can you say that for Toyota?? And by the way, not one car from Toyota made the safest car list....not 1.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/autos/091...
UATW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Guess where your chevy engine came from.
A pot leaf?

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Guess where your chevy engine came from.
Hurley doesn't drive a Chevy. My GMC's motor was built here in the US in the sameplant as the Chevy S-10's motor

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

All the small GM engines that are used in industrial equipment, from the new 2.4 vortec, the old 2.5 & 3.0 litre, and the 4.3 V-6, have "MEXICO" cast right into the block.
That has been that way for Many many years.
UATW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Gville Jim wrote:
All the small GM engines that are used in industrial equipment, from the new 2.4 vortec, the old 2.5 & 3.0 litre, and the 4.3 V-6, have "MEXICO" cast right into the block.
That has been that way for Many many years.
And now for the rest of the story.
Lakeshore

Grand Haven, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

All I know is that my American Ford Stock has doubled since I purchased it!

Yahoo!!

“Everybody gets one (L)”

Since: Apr 09

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

UATW wrote:
<quoted text>
And now for the rest of the story.
&

Good DAY!

(good times)

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

UATW wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again....it's still an American car company!!!!!!!!!!Can you say that for Toyota?? And by the way, not one car from Toyota made the safest car list....not 1.
http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/autos/091...
No toyota made the list? According to The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety there are two cars and several SUV's made by Toyota on the list.
http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2008/12...
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Hurley35 wrote:
Built in North America!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of56
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 51 min Go Blue Forever 899
Tea party the AmeicanTaliban 1 hr Really 29
Suspect On The Run Following Robbery At ATM 19 hr Batch 37 Pain Is Good 1
Do you approve of Mary Hollinrake as County Cle... (Feb '12) 21 hr Dhead 8
What about the Malaysian jetliner? Fri Cookie 11
See which historic homes will be on the Heritag... Thu Coretta 1
Get Ready To Pay More For Food. Thu Phil 33
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••