Ford Fusion Motor Trend Car of the Year

Ford Fusion Motor Trend Car of the Year

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lakeshore

Grand Haven, MI

#1 Nov 18, 2009
Great news for Ford. Better news for stock holders. Way to go Ford.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#2 Nov 18, 2009
This is a testament to the better ideas, Ford does have. Unfortunatly, these"Car of the Year" awards are often marketing motivated, depending on an automotive companys advertising spending with said magazine........seems i recall that the Renault Alliance was a previous winner......
UATW

United States

#3 Nov 18, 2009
Wonderful news. American car companies do have some really nice cars. And Ford took no free money!

Since: Jan 09

Hersey, Michigan

#4 Nov 18, 2009
There have been some rather dubious winners over the years and I certainly wouldn't purchase a vehicle based on that award or any other for that matter. That being said, I think the Ford Fusion is a fine automobile.

Here's my car of the year story. I bought a second hand Renault Alliance for my daughter when she was in college (she was attending Central and we lived in New Hudson) After about a year of constant repairs, she came home from school one weekend, parked in the drive, came in the house and 10 minutes later a neighbor was banging on our door telling us the car was on fire. I called the fire dept. and we barely got her clothes and personal effects out of it before the whole car went up in flames. It started in the engine compartment but we never did figure out what caused it.

Since: Jun 09

Negaunee, MI

#5 Nov 18, 2009
Im glad I have several connections and family members who work directly for Ford!
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#6 Nov 18, 2009
abranger wrote:
There have been some rather dubious winners over the years and I certainly wouldn't purchase a vehicle based on that award or any other for that matter. That being said, I think the Ford Fusion is a fine automobile.
Here's my car of the year story. I bought a second hand Renault Alliance for my daughter when she was in college (she was attending Central and we lived in New Hudson) After about a year of constant repairs, she came home from school one weekend, parked in the drive, came in the house and 10 minutes later a neighbor was banging on our door telling us the car was on fire. I called the fire dept. and we barely got her clothes and personal effects out of it before the whole car went up in flames. It started in the engine compartment but we never did figure out what caused it.
I can totally believe your tale of destruction.....i bought a spotless Renault Alliance that an asian couple traded in at the dealership, where i worked. Seems asians, especially chinese keep their cars immaculate, no smoking or eating ever. Anyway, my wife who it was for, did'nt like it and it developed constant overheating and thermostat problems, so sold it to F&I guy. He ended up ignoring the problems and the whole cooling system exploded thru the dash..........excellent....
Fred

Kalamazoo, MI

#7 Nov 18, 2009
It's built in Mexico so it's not an American car.

“Everybody gets one (L)”

Since: Apr 09

Schaumburg, IL

#8 Nov 18, 2009
Fred wrote:
It's built in Mexico so it's not an American car.
shhhhhhhh don't tell people truth like that... you'll be called.... un-American

Since: Jan 09

Hersey, Michigan

#9 Nov 18, 2009
Fred wrote:
It's built in Mexico so it's not an American car.
The key word is assembled. Many "American" cars are assembled elsewhere. That's the way it is and there's not much anyone can do about it. If you want an all American care manufactured and assembled in this country of solely American content....good luck.

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#10 Nov 18, 2009
Fred wrote:
It's built in Mexico so it's not an American car.
LOL, not so loud. Ford doesn't want anyone to know that it's a Mexican built AND assembled car that they are pushing off as American Made...

“Russian ties?”

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#11 Nov 18, 2009
Hurley35 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, not so loud. Ford doesn't want anyone to know that it's a Mexican built AND assembled car that they are pushing off as American Made...
Guess where your chevy engine came from.
What is stamped right in the block?
UATW

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#12 Nov 18, 2009
Hurley35 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, not so loud. Ford doesn't want anyone to know that it's a Mexican built AND assembled car that they are pushing off as American Made...
Here we go again....it's still an American car company!!!!!!!!!!Can you say that for Toyota?? And by the way, not one car from Toyota made the safest car list....not 1.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/autos/091...
UATW

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#13 Nov 18, 2009
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Guess where your chevy engine came from.
What is stamped right in the block?
A pot leaf?

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#14 Nov 18, 2009
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Guess where your chevy engine came from.
What is stamped right in the block?
Hurley doesn't drive a Chevy. My GMC's motor was built here in the US in the sameplant as the Chevy S-10's motor

“Russian ties?”

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#15 Nov 18, 2009
All the small GM engines that are used in industrial equipment, from the new 2.4 vortec, the old 2.5 & 3.0 litre, and the 4.3 V-6, have "MEXICO" cast right into the block.
That has been that way for Many many years.
UATW

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#16 Nov 18, 2009
Gville Jim wrote:
All the small GM engines that are used in industrial equipment, from the new 2.4 vortec, the old 2.5 & 3.0 litre, and the 4.3 V-6, have "MEXICO" cast right into the block.
That has been that way for Many many years.
And now for the rest of the story.
Lakeshore

Grand Haven, MI

#17 Nov 18, 2009
All I know is that my American Ford Stock has doubled since I purchased it!

Yahoo!!

“Everybody gets one (L)”

Since: Apr 09

Schaumburg, IL

#18 Nov 18, 2009
UATW wrote:
<quoted text>
And now for the rest of the story.
&

Good DAY!

(good times)

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids

#19 Nov 18, 2009
UATW wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again....it's still an American car company!!!!!!!!!!Can you say that for Toyota?? And by the way, not one car from Toyota made the safest car list....not 1.
http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/autos/091...
No toyota made the list? According to The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety there are two cars and several SUV's made by Toyota on the list.
http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2008/12...
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

United States

#20 Nov 18, 2009
Hurley35 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, not so loud. Ford doesn't want anyone to know that it's a Mexican built AND assembled car that they are pushing off as American Made...
Built in North America!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adult theater Cina-Mini two (Mar '13) Aug 10 Isnt That Special 15
Local News Women (Apr '09) Aug 10 Butchers Fresh Meat 2,991
Does anyone remember The Red Lion restaurant in... (Jun '16) Aug 3 Steveo 3
News Construction has few blacks, report says (Aug '07) Aug 3 Fun Facts 635
topless maid in gr (Jul '08) Jul 30 Billy Barry 30
News Michigan lawmaker proposes bill banning Sharia Law Jul 27 Ampman 14
News 18-year-old shot by Grand Rapids police during ... Jul 27 White Priv 9

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages