NBCs Tim Russert has died

NBCs Tim Russert has died

There are 59 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Jun 13, 2008, titled NBCs Tim Russert has died. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Tim Russert, host of NBC's "Meet the Press" and its Washington bureau chief collapsed and died at work Friday after suffering an apparent heart attack.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Matt

Westland, MI

#1 Jun 13, 2008
I was shocked when I saw this, and I'm not sure particularly why. He just seems like he was too young to go, especially when many of his contemporaries seem to keep their job well into their years.
beth

Zeeland, MI

#2 Jun 13, 2008
What a tragic loss. He will be missed.
Truth 007

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Jun 13, 2008
RIP Tim. It will not be the same to get up in the morning and listen to this brilliant man on the Today Show. I respected him and his work. Definately a blessed and fair man!!!
IMHO

Marion, IN

#4 Jun 13, 2008
Silence
Brody1

United States

#5 Jun 13, 2008
What a sad sad loss! One of the most fair/ equal minded reporters in the business. Wow!!

“Fed Up”

Since: May 08

Wayland, Michigan

#6 Jun 13, 2008
Very sad. One of the last respectable people in the media.
GVSU Girl

Allendale, MI

#7 Jun 13, 2008
So sad! He's been at the forefront of political reporting as far back as I can remember!(granted I'm only 21) He was amazing to watch on Sunday mornings. He will definately be missed
tom

Caledonia, MI

#8 Jun 13, 2008
good, in-depth guy, one that I'm sure local & other small & large market broadcast people aspire to be, but don't always attain.
MichiganMom

Cambridge, MA

#9 Jun 13, 2008
What a terrible, tragic loss. My Sunday mornings will never be the same.
One man one vote

Riverside, CA

#10 Jun 13, 2008
RIP Tim will be missed. How will we get through November without Tim and The White Board!) You could count on him to keep asking till he got an answer.
Roger Haynes

Potomac, MD

#11 Jun 13, 2008
Tim was a Great American and will be missed. My Sundays will be forever changed without his expertise and quality on Meet the Press. I hope that all those in the media will re-examine their lives and begin to live in tribute to the man who made a difference for all Americans.
Tim R fan

Denver, CO

#12 Jun 13, 2008
I am in shock and am so saddened by Tim's death. He's the one I count on for reasonable, intelligent in-depth political reporting. What an incredible loss.
Remle

United States

#13 Jun 13, 2008
Tim was a fixture in the political media that excelled in his work, especially in his interviewing of the key players. He will be sorely missed by all of us who consider ourselves political news junkies. He lives big shoes to be filled on Sunday morning and in the midst of the upcoming political season. Our condolences to all his family and friends.
Lynn

Riverside, CA

#14 Jun 13, 2008
I can't believe all the positive comments. Tim Russert was NOT a fierce defender of the truth
Gail in Wyoming

Canton, MI

#16 Jun 13, 2008
What a terrible loss. He was well respected and will be deeply missed. I always enjoyed watching him and his political reports.

My condolences to his family and co-workers.
concerned MI resident

New Rochelle, NY

#17 Jun 13, 2008
horrible, too intelligent, too young. A charmed life cut too short. God bless-rest in peace.

Since: Jun 08

Grandvile

#18 Jun 13, 2008
Tom wrote:
That fool on MSNBC, Keith Olbermann, has tears in his eyes mourning this fool. Olbermann is the same guy who prays every day for the death of the president.
Your a fool!!! You mock a dead man???

“Smells like 1994!”

Since: Jun 08

Stately Wayne Manor

#19 Jun 13, 2008
One man one vote wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a fool!!! You mock a dead man???
He wasn't mocking Russert but he was being a complete jacka$$ by using the occasion of Tim Russert's untimely and tragic death to get out the soapbox.
TDJensen

United States

#20 Jun 13, 2008
Tim was smart enough to be President; and smart enough not to consider it. So long, Tim.....it'll be very hard to replace your hard-hitting style.
kathyoliver

Holland, MI

#21 Jun 13, 2008
6-13-08 i will keep his family in prayer. kathyoliver from holland mi

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 6 hr WMNewsFan 3,023
News 1 dead in York Creek Apt shooting (Sep '08) 7 hr lick 357
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 7 hr loislane 1,187
White women are the biggest hypocrites. Sep 14 Real Deal 4
White males are weak. Sep 14 Real Deal 4
Adult theater Cina-Mini two (Mar '13) Sep 13 Marlene K 17
topless maid in gr (Jul '08) Sep 10 Marlene K 33

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages