21 arrested after MSU's loss

21 arrested after MSU's loss

There are 24 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Apr 7, 2009, titled 21 arrested after MSU's loss. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Authorities have reported 12 fires and 21 arrests in the city that's home to Michigan State University after its basketball team lost the national championship.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Steve

Edmore, MI

#1 Apr 7, 2009
Come on, just shoot anyone that does not leave after 5 minutes. What a waste of tax payers money on this dumb kids that don't know how to grow up. Through the book at them.
Blue and Maize

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Apr 7, 2009
And once again, the Spartan fans reveal what complete and utter redneck idiots and poor losers they are...

I'd be so embarrassed to wear green and white.

Since: Sep 07

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Apr 7, 2009
At least MSU made it to the championship game...
DUH

United States

#4 Apr 7, 2009
Blue and Maize wrote:
And once again, the Spartan fans reveal what complete and utter redneck idiots and poor losers they are...
Spoken like a true dumb a** michigan fan !
spartan mom

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Apr 7, 2009
jealous? Rednecks? U might be a maize and blue FAN.....but probably never a student there....most fans aren't nor never have been. My kids went there and one is a Doctor and one is in Law School...and they love wearing green and white

Since: Oct 07

East Lansing, MI

#6 Apr 7, 2009
spartan mom wrote:
jealous? Rednecks? U might be a maize and blue FAN.....but probably never a student there....most fans aren't nor never have been. My kids went there and one is a Doctor and one is in Law School...and they love wearing green and white

Agreed !! My son is a senior, was at the games. GO GREEN, GO WHITE !!
Fuel for the Fire

Muskegon, MI

#7 Apr 7, 2009
Blue and Maize wrote:
And we'd be embarrassed to have you in it. You are probably short, fat, and ugly. We already know you aren't too bright.
Kathy

Jackson, MI

#8 Apr 7, 2009
Hey did you know that Cedar Village Apts have that deadly toxic black mold?

My daughter lived there, basement floor and we had it tested, by an independant lab. When I told DTN (The apt mgt Company) hey moved her out to another Apt. With my agreement that I keep my mouth shut about the mold.

If your living there and your sick! Guess what!

“Information doesn't kill you.”

Since: Apr 08

Grand Blanc, MI

#9 Apr 7, 2009
Blue and Maize wrote:
There are idiots at both schools. I wouldn't exactly call Chris Webber and Michael Phelps role models.

GO GREEN!
Go Green

Hudsonville, MI

#10 Apr 7, 2009
K-Mart Michigan fans is what I like to call them. Most of them probably don't even know what city UofM is located in.
Go Green

Hudsonville, MI

#11 Apr 7, 2009
A favorite quote of mine by Drew Stanton.

"More times than not, you don't have a dislike for the people who went to Michigan. It's the thousands and thousands of bandwagon people that jump on there that went all over, went to community college, and all of a sudden they're Michigan fans because Michigan is No. 1"
cool dude

Sterling Heights, MI

#12 Apr 7, 2009
thesen students are breaking the law, where is the trigger happy cowboy cop.... shoot them!
Go Blue

Wyoming, MI

#13 Apr 7, 2009
I love the Maize and Blue but would never destroy my city for them. Not only did Spartan fans do this once but twice that I can recall in my life. Seriously, grow up and learn to handle your alcohol.
Why do you think that Michigan fans are allowed to loiter after their home football games but State is not? DUH!!!
JBB

Grand Rapids, MI

#14 Apr 7, 2009
so is it 21 arrested or do we have to read between the wood tv8 lines.oh 81 arrested 60 in lansing but the headkine reads 21.wood you still suck.
You are an idiot

Ann Arbor, MI

#15 Apr 7, 2009
spartan mom wrote:
U might be a maize and blue FAN.....but probably never a student there....most fans aren't nor never have been.
That's because no one in their right mind would want to be a green or white FAN. That's why MSU can only get those that attended as fans.

Since: Feb 09

nowhere

#16 Apr 7, 2009
geez i guess we live in a No-fun state lol
Cross Country

United States

#17 Apr 7, 2009
Being a former Michigander, I watched the game an mentioned to my wife that the stupid students were going to raise hell either way...win or lose. Well you bunch of idiots made me look like I own a cyrstal ball. What a national embarrassment!

“Go MSU Spartans!”

Since: Oct 08

Kalamazoo, MI

#18 Apr 8, 2009
Are there stupid people that do stupid things in East Lansing sometimes? Yup. Are they all Michigan State University students? Nope Do they represent the 40,000 plus students of the University? I'd like to not think so. I wonder how many people making stupidass comments here have even been on the campus of Michigan State University. It is a beatiful campus, with mostly upstanding people that would never partake in this kind of nonsense. If you happen to be a fan of another school, why don't you represent that school by showing a little class?
ron mexico

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Apr 8, 2009
GR Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>There are idiots at both schools. I wouldn't exactly call Chris Webber and Michael Phelps role models.
GO GREEN!
whoa whoa whoa wait a minute- if you are going to target uofm student athletes for there behavioral problems and not recognize MSU's long list of hockey cheapshotting, self inflicted gunshooting, girlfriend beating indiviuals then you live in a delusional cave. let me guess, you blamed the refs too?
ron mexico

Grand Rapids, MI

#20 Apr 8, 2009
Go Green wrote:
K-Mart Michigan fans is what I like to call them. Most of them probably don't even know what city UofM is located in.
thats a clever nickname, coming from someone from hudsonville.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 10 hr stewart scott 2,337
Local News Women (Apr '09) Tue Alex 2,398
Daane Development towing next to Score Sportsbar Mon Doosh Bagge 1
You Decide Jul 26 You Decide 1
Searching for Richard Painted Horse... Jul 23 Anonymous 1
News New state law enables Holland SmartZone district Jul 23 District 1 1
News Ground broken on Consumers Leadership Center Jul 22 Who 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages