Obama pushes gun control in Colorado

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

Rob

United States

#1 Apr 3, 2013
But as much as the setting may have given the impression of support from Colorado’s law enforcement communities, Colorado’s newly passed gun laws are far from universally popular among its men and women in blue.

A few hours before Obama’s appearance, more than a dozen Colorado sheriffs gathered in a nearby park to express their opposition to the state’s new laws.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#2 Apr 4, 2013
Between all the prosecutors and sheriffs being shot and killed recently...... Gathering together in a park may be their safest option!
Phil

Oxford, MI

#4 Apr 4, 2013
Bob wrote:
Between all the prosecutors and sheriffs being shot and killed recently...... Gathering together in a park may be their safest option!
You are correct, it is their safest option to protest the man that wants to take one of the citizens few options of protection away. If guns are removed from the citizen the only thing left is the police that come after the fact. Again criminals don't follow the law. The Feinstein bill confiscates guns.
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Apr 4, 2013
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct, it is their safest option to protest the man that wants to take one of the citizens few options of protection away. If guns are removed from the citizen the only thing left is the police that come after the fact. Again criminals don't follow the law. The Feinstein bill confiscates guns.
Drunk drivers don't follow the law either. Using your dumbazz logic I guess we should just legalize drunk driving too.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Mount Morris, MI

#6 Apr 4, 2013
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Drunk drivers don't follow the law either. Using your dumbazz logic I guess we should just legalize drunk driving too.
Constitutionally protected?
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Apr 4, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Constitutionally protected?
You don't need a 30 round clip Batch, I don't care how many times you say you do.

There is no reason NOT to charge people for selling guns to those who aren't supposed to have them, you can't come up with a valid argument against it.

No one is taking away anyone's guns. Anything and everything that is potentially dangerous and causes harm to citizens is going to be regulated and that goes from cars to medications to propane tanks. It's time to quit crying like a child and act like an adult.

I've read the Constitution and it says nothing about allowing citizens to own any gun they please or have 30 round clips or be free of registering weapons or background checks. If you can point that out where it says that it does I will sign up to be a NRA member tomorrow.
Phil

Oxford, MI

#8 Apr 4, 2013
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>Drunk drivers don't follow the law either. Using your dumbazz logic I guess we should just legalize drunk driving too.
Guns server a good purpose as protection, hunting, and target practice. Drunk driving serves no good. In most cases the poison only causes destruction. You have no logic and your response clearly shows that.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Mount Morris, MI

#9 Apr 4, 2013
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need a 30 round clip Batch, I don't care how many times you say you do.
There is no reason NOT to charge people for selling guns to those who aren't supposed to have them, you can't come up with a valid argument against it.
No one is taking away anyone's guns. Anything and everything that is potentially dangerous and causes harm to citizens is going to be regulated and that goes from cars to medications to propane tanks. It's time to quit crying like a child and act like an adult.
I've read the Constitution and it says nothing about allowing citizens to own any gun they please or have 30 round clips or be free of registering weapons or background checks. If you can point that out where it says that it does I will sign up to be a NRA member tomorrow.
I don't see where it doesn't. I should be able to get a hundred round clip if I want to.... Govt does not have a say....Constitutional speaking..... And where do third world peasants get RPG's anyways?
Phil

Oxford, MI

#10 Apr 4, 2013
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>You don't need a 30 round clip Batch, I don't care how many times you say you do.

The criminal will have a 30 round clip, And his partner in crime will have another 30 round clip. If the administration has their way you will have nothing to fire back with eventually. But for now they will allow you to have a couple rounds, make sure each one counts!
As I said on another thread the, the Obama administration let thousands of guns go over the border by straw purchasers with our the Mexican governments knowledge. So you condone the prosecution of Eric Holder and others in the Obama administration for letting the felony take place. Good then we agree.
The bill they were pushing states that you cannot give your guns that "they define" as assault weapons under their definition to your children when you die. Those have to be turned in to the government.
Does the constitution talk about modern weapons? These are modern weapons for today. Some would even argue that these are not up with modern firepower.
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Apr 4, 2013
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
The criminal will have a 30 round clip, And his partner in crime will have another 30 round clip. If the administration has their way you will have nothing to fire back with eventually. But for now they will allow you to have a couple rounds, make sure each one counts!
As I said on another thread the, the Obama administration let thousands of guns go over the border by straw purchasers with our the Mexican governments knowledge. So you condone the prosecution of Eric Holder and others in the Obama administration for letting the felony take place. Good then we agree.
The bill they were pushing states that you cannot give your guns that "they define" as assault weapons under their definition to your children when you die. Those have to be turned in to the government.
Does the constitution talk about modern weapons? These are modern weapons for today. Some would even argue that these are not up with modern firepower.
If youre soooooo worried about guns getting over the border then where's the outrage when gun shops are allowed to be set up at the border where most end up going into Mexico? Research it and see that the biggest (by volume) gun shops in Texas and Arizona are a stones throw from the border.

Your answer? Well THAT'S free enterprise and the government should have a say where gun shops decide to do business. Well that and the NRA want them there.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Mount Morris, MI

#12 Apr 4, 2013
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama and his sidekicks gave us a microcosm of their vision on gun control....... Chicago is a window.......
Rob

United States

#13 Apr 4, 2013
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>If youre soooooo worried about guns getting over the border then where's the outrage when gun shops are allowed to be set up at the border where most end up going into Mexico? Research it and see that the biggest (by volume) gun shops in Texas and Arizona are a stones throw from the border.

Your answer? Well THAT'S free enterprise and the government should have a say where gun shops decide to do business. Well that and the NRA want them there.
You are stupid! It has also said many times that those sellers were contacting the authorities about it but were directed to sell the guns anyway. You should at least do a little research before you open your mouth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is the Ferguson rioting justified? 27 min Jail them all 1
The Hypocrisy of Ferguson 1 hr RushFan666 22
1 arrested at scene of attempted break-in; foot... 1 hr Kevin 1
Abigail Simon testifies on Nov. 21, 2014. 3 hr Just Sayin 6
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 3 hr Go Blue Forever 1,431
Dr Ben Carson 2016! 12 hr Idea Maker 30
NAACP/Media Ignores Black Election Winners 13 hr Idea Maker 16
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:43 am PST