Forbes 'Most Miserable Cities'; Guess What The Vast Majority Have in Common?

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Mar 17, 2013
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

14

14

14

Shouldn't come as any surprise that majority are run by the rats.

- Democrats -- 15
- Republicans -- 3
- Independent/not determinable -- 2

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2013/...
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

8

Happiest cities in US are as follows:

10) Oxnard Ca--Council/Manager (No mayor)

9) Ogden Utah--Mike Caldwell (Dem)

8) Washinton DC--Vincent Gray (Dem)

7) San Jose Ca--Chuck Reed (Dem)

6) Santa Barbara Ca---Helene Schnider (Dem)

5) Santa Rosa Ca---Scott Barkely (Rep)

4) Provo Utah---John Curtis (Dem)

3) Honolulu Hi---Kirk Caldwell (non-partisan post but he is a registered Dem)

2) Grand Haven Mi---Geri McCaleb (I)

1) Boulder Co---Matthew Applebaum (Dem)

So seven out of the nine mayors are democrats with one independant and one republican.

I know you desperate republicans like to put special importance on meaningless stats like this, so enjoy!
Windmill Island

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

7

St Stephen wrote:
Happiest cities in US are as follows:
10) Oxnard Ca--Council/Manager (No mayor)
9) Ogden Utah--Mike Caldwell (Dem)
8) Washinton DC--Vincent Gray (Dem)
7) San Jose Ca--Chuck Reed (Dem)
6) Santa Barbara Ca---Helene Schnider (Dem)
5) Santa Rosa Ca---Scott Barkely (Rep)
4) Provo Utah---John Curtis (Dem)
3) Honolulu Hi---Kirk Caldwell (non-partisan post but he is a registered Dem)
2) Grand Haven Mi---Geri McCaleb (I)
1) Boulder Co---Matthew Applebaum (Dem)
So seven out of the nine mayors are democrats with one independant and one republican.
I know you desperate republicans like to put special importance on meaningless stats like this, so enjoy!
You forgot to list Holland , Mi among the happiest cities, largely because you moved to Kalamazoo.
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

St Stephen wrote:
Happiest cities in US are as follows:
10) Oxnard Ca--Council/Manager (No mayor)
9) Ogden Utah--Mike Caldwell (Dem)
8) Washinton DC--Vincent Gray (Dem)
7) San Jose Ca--Chuck Reed (Dem)
6) Santa Barbara Ca---Helene Schnider (Dem)
5) Santa Rosa Ca---Scott Barkely (Rep)
4) Provo Utah---John Curtis (Dem)
3) Honolulu Hi---Kirk Caldwell (non-partisan post but he is a registered Dem)
2) Grand Haven Mi---Geri McCaleb (I)
1) Boulder Co---Matthew Applebaum (Dem)
So seven out of the nine mayors are democrats with one independant and one republican.
I know you desperate republicans like to put special importance on meaningless stats like this, so enjoy!
Where is the link. Odd that Forbes list is quite different than the one you posted.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/efkk45edkmj/th...
Really

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the link. Odd that Forbes list is quite different than the one you posted.
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/efkk45edkmj/th...
That's because Stevie makes lists up to suit his 12 year old needs.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Brighton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

St Stephen wrote:
Happiest cities in US are as follows:
10) Oxnard Ca--Council/Manager (No mayor)
9) Ogden Utah--Mike Caldwell (Dem)
8) Washinton DC--Vincent Gray (Dem)
7) San Jose Ca--Chuck Reed (Dem)
6) Santa Barbara Ca---Helene Schnider (Dem)
5) Santa Rosa Ca---Scott Barkely (Rep)
4) Provo Utah---John Curtis (Dem)
3) Honolulu Hi---Kirk Caldwell (non-partisan post but he is a registered Dem)
2) Grand Haven Mi---Geri McCaleb (I)
1) Boulder Co---Matthew Applebaum (Dem)
So seven out of the nine mayors are democrats with one independant and one republican.
I know you desperate republicans like to put special importance on meaningless stats like this, so enjoy!
How many of these dem leaders are Progressive libs? Try not to hide by merely the party..... Look at who is the Marxists......

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the link. Odd that Forbes list is quite different than the one you posted.
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/efkk45edkmj/th...
He probably "read it somewhere". You can't expect him to actually back up his "facts" now can you? ;)

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Happiness can not be measured in any way shape or form its an individual thing not a group thing. It does not take a village to be happy. I find any of these Happiest Cities, Worst Cities, Best Places to Retire, etc etc comparisons are specious. Who cares anyway?
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the link. Odd that Forbes list is quite different than the one you posted.
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/efkk45edkmj/th...
Is Forbes the end all bee all when it comes to lists? Get a life Chippy, a list is a list is a list, in the end they're all meaningless and simply someone's opinion.
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Really wrote:
<quoted text>That's because Stevie makes lists up to suit his 12 year old needs.
And once again the old hag chimes in! Thanks for your paticipation and valuable input!

Now go shake the sand out of your smelly nether regions.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Portage, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Shoeless Eluder wrote:
Happiness can not be measured in any way shape or form its an individual thing not a group thing. It does not take a village to be happy. I find any of these Happiest Cities, Worst Cities, Best Places to Retire, etc etc comparisons are specious. Who cares anyway?
Ah, my third home..... I like staying in TC....... The Bay is lovely..... Got Bay Market and Red Mesa so I got what I need.....
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Portage, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
And once again the old hag chimes in! Thanks for your paticipation and valuable input!
Now go shake the sand out of your smelly nether regions.
Didn't you have an appointment with Ginger to help her shave cause she can't see where to cut? That belly is making it difficult to see....
Really

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
And once again the old hag chimes in! Thanks for your paticipation and valuable input!
Now go shake the sand out of your smelly nether regions.
And once again you make shit up and then get po'd when others don't accept your BS. You need to go take your Viagra so you can be a big boy, at least for a little bit.
bobolinq

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 17, 2013
 
Les MisÚrables incarnate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liberty University Law School Dean: Gay Marriag... 2 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 314
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 5 hr Go Blue Forever 1,325
why war with isis? 19 hr kookierecluse 17
Plafkin Brothers-McDonalds, Home of the Famous ... (Jun '13) 23 hr Kelly Hadd 8
Cousins hope to open Grand Rapids' first hostel... Wed Faith 3
Local News Women (Apr '09) Tue Zee 2,297
Ellen Bacca Fan Club Tue Lindon 1
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••