|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

pipedream wrote:
Oh and I see you posting from Madison, WI now. Not too long ago it was San Clemente. Who's the fraud and scammer?
Thats when I use my obamaphone, it bounces off diffent signals. Ever use a cell phone on the internet, maybe obama will get you a new phone so you can use it.
Godoucheustink

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Just about every right wing cry baby story is rooted in BS. Why do you all feel the need to spew so much BS? Obamaphone is a program that has been going on for decades but once again you fail with attaching the program to Obama. BS talking points is all you people have.
pipedream

Holly, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats when I use my obamaphone, it bounces off diffent signals. Ever use a cell phone on the internet, maybe obama will get you a new phone so you can use it.
no. wrong again. It registers as United States. I have to remind you again to face up to it. Despite all your phoney posts, ISPs, IDs, personalities, forums, you haven't changed anything. You still wouldn't make a pimple on a good man's ass. Take a good look at yourself and try to find out where you are in the scheme of things.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you do a little research you'll find it was the 'carriers' who lobbied for this program in its original form, which included lax or non existent verification of eligibility rules as well as setting the prices. I would have to believe they LOBBIED very hard for this probably convincing everyone their motivations were well intentioned. It surely wasn't poor people who lobbied for it. Does anyone believe it was poor people who lobbied govt for such a program? Only a teabagger would.
Actually, I believe this is an extension of a very old program that brought telephones to rural communities back in the early 1900's.

IMHO, I think they would have been better off if they had only provided landline phones rather than cell phones. It would have been easier to detect fraud from two or more people living in the same home having a phone. But at least the government saw the problem and acted on it....

If they could only do that with the dept of defense!
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
no. wrong again. It registers as United States. I have to remind you again to face up to it. Despite all your phoney posts, ISPs, IDs, personalities, forums, you haven't changed anything. You still wouldn't make a pimple on a good man's ass. Take a good look at yourself and try to find out where you are in the scheme of things.
Well, the cell phone that I pay for picks a location, maybe just your obamaphone registers as United States.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Bob wrote:
"The Lifeline program—begun in 1984 to ensure that poor people aren't cut off from jobs, families and emergency services—is funded by charges that appear on the monthly bills of every landline and wireless-phone customer."
Now who was the president back in 1984........
"Suspecting that many of the new subscribers were ineligible, the Federal Communications Commission tightened the rules last year and required carriers to verify that existing subscribers were eligible. The agency estimated 15% of users would be weeded out, but far more were dropped."
And, who was the president last year, that put the brakes on the abuse of the system........
That would be Reagan. To this day the standard bearer for the Republican Party/Conservatives.

What they don't seem to realize is the succeeding president is pretty much stuck, loosely speaking, with the policies of the preceding president. And if they will notice Bush didn't even try to get rid of the program in his 8 years in office.

But here's the most important point in my opinion. The Federal Government doesn't own any cell phone carriers. That means the carriers are private sector cell phone companies. As it mentioned clearly in the article "The carriers—AT&T T -0.92% Inc.; Telrite Corp.; Tag Mobile USA; Verizon Communications VZ -0.71% Inc.; and the Virgin Mobile USA unit of Sprint Nextel S 0.00% Corp.—accounted for 34% of total Lifeline subscribers last May. Two of the other largest providers, TracFone Wireless Inc. and Nexus Communications Inc., asked the FCC to keep their counts confidential. Results for the full program weren't available."

And of course the FCC had to track that the private companies were or weren't "selling" to only those eligible.

SO, are they really arguing against business and they just don't realize it? Seems a bit odd they would as they are so pro business doing whatever they want when they want how they want to do it making as much profit as they can.

How strange that they wouldn't be siding with the Liberals/Progressives/Democrat s in getting the Federal Government out of the business of business in the tax payers seeing to it private sector companies aren't making the easy profits. Which bears the question, who really are the takers.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

I only hear lies and silly talk from MSNBC and CNN....
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Wolfe Blitzed A drink of water ends a career? Really, that is all the left has?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Chip wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/ SB1000142412788732351180457829 6001368122888.html
2.2 billion for cell phones, our tax dollars at work.
In reading the whole article, it states at the end, that verication procedures in the next three years will save $2 billion....from the $2.2 government expenditure, conveyed in the first paragraph.....Also, this program was started in 1984, correct? Why is it called Obamaphone?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was president when it went from $819 million in 2008 to 2.2 billion in 2012?
That would also mean, President Obama would be in office, when it's verification process, cut expenditure by $2 Billion......
pipedream

Holly, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the cell phone that I pay for picks a location, maybe just your obamaphone registers as United States.
You're a liar through and through, a fraud, scammer, topix troll, all of the above. You and your several other names and crazy personalities.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a liar through and through, a fraud, scammer, topix troll, all of the above. You and your several other names and crazy personalities.
It's the bipolar medicated with meth.
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be Reagan. To this day the standard bearer for the Republican Party/Conservatives.
What they don't seem to realize is the succeeding president is pretty much stuck, loosely speaking, with the policies of the preceding president. And if they will notice Bush didn't even try to get rid of the program in his 8 years in office.
But here's the most important point in my opinion. The Federal Government doesn't own any cell phone carriers. That means the carriers are private sector cell phone companies. As it mentioned clearly in the article "The carriers—AT&T T -0.92% Inc.; Telrite Corp.; Tag Mobile USA; Verizon Communications VZ -0.71% Inc.; and the Virgin Mobile USA unit of Sprint Nextel S 0.00% Corp.—accounted for 34% of total Lifeline subscribers last May. Two of the other largest providers, TracFone Wireless Inc. and Nexus Communications Inc., asked the FCC to keep their counts confidential. Results for the full program weren't available."
And of course the FCC had to track that the private companies were or weren't "selling" to only those eligible.
SO, are they really arguing against business and they just don't realize it? Seems a bit odd they would as they are so pro business doing whatever they want when they want how they want to do it making as much profit as they can.
How strange that they wouldn't be siding with the Liberals/Progressives/Democrat s in getting the Federal Government out of the business of business in the tax payers seeing to it private sector companies aren't making the easy profits. Which bears the question, who really are the takers.
I'm glad you are finally able to admit that Bush inherited bad policies from Clinton that was the main contributor to the financial crisis.

You sound like a broken record, must be Bush's fault that it tripled during Obama's first term.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you are finally able to admit that Bush inherited bad policies from Clinton that was the main contributor to the financial crisis.
You sound like a broken record, must be Bush's fault that it tripled during Obama's first term.
And Clinton inherited from George H.W. Bush, and George H.W. Bush inherited it from Ronald Reagan.

Clinton left with a surplus and a balanced budget. Did W.?
My how you enjoy being stupid.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
And Clinton inherited from George H.W. Bush, and George H.W. Bush inherited it from Ronald Reagan.
Talk about stupid! It has been linked over and over and over ad nauseum and PROVEN that Clinton did NOT leave a surplus. Of course, you don't like those links so you keep repeating the Democrat lies. A balanced budget???? Really! The lies just keep growing and growing and growing...rather like Pinocchio, aren't you/?????
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep believing those democrat lies, their counting on stupid people like you to vote.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep believing those democrat lies, their counting on stupid people like you to vote.
And of course we know what a left-wing organization Forbes is, now don't we.
"But using sectoral balances to reach back in time to blame Bill Clinton for the financial crisis is an argument that doesn’t fit the facts."

And then there's the left leaning Politifact
http://www.politifact.com/new-jersey/statemen...

And yes I am aware of all the "non-partisan" ones that go to great lengths to say it isn't true.
And lets not forget the left-wing Factcheck
"Q: During the Clinton administration was the federal budget balanced? Was the federal deficit erased?

A: Yes to both questions, whether you count Social Security or not.
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-budget-a...

But we should believe Fox News shouldn't we. I agree we should never believe them.
"Not one Republican member of Congress supported the Clinton Budget Bill of 1993. Yet eight years and 23 million new jobs later, President Clinton had converted the $300 billion into a $1 trillion surplus.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/09/05/two...
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problems are more than a typo dip-$hit. First you need to grow up then you need to get a real job. Topix is not a real job buster and I don't mean Keaton. Its you and your kind, your generation, who thinks they have all the answers because they heard all they know on Faux News. You're in for a very rude awakening if you think all you have to do is spout off on Topix and that makes you all smart and important.
What generation are you talking about? There are various ones you know. Your generation my generation ooo good title for a song....
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
Boobie says "But at least the government saw the problem and acted on it...."
You say "What they don't seem to realize is the succeeding president is pretty much stuck, loosely speaking, with the policies of the preceding president."
Which is it?
It's both you dolt!

Every president who has ever taken office has a choice to live with legislation or programs created during previous administrations, or to try to change or drop them. It wasn't the current president who deisgned this program, nor was it passed by the previous three people to hold that office.

Who knows how much abuse was taking place in this program or for how years it was going on. But, it was this president's administration that saw that abuse was a problem. The initial linked story said that the new guidelines issued by the current president was resulting in a large shrinkage of the program by cutting out that abuse.

So what's your problem..... Can't stand to see the abuse stopped?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of77
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What about the Malaysian jetliner? 2 hr jeffry helms 14
Does anyone know about the Iowa tribal properties? 7 hr Jeffry Helms 6
Tea party the AmeicanTaliban 7 hr Grandma 37
Suspect On The Run Following Robbery At ATM 13 hr Who 2
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 19 hr Buffalo Bull 900
Do you approve of Mary Hollinrake as County Cle... (Feb '12) Fri Dhead 8
See which historic homes will be on the Heritag... Thu Coretta 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE