rval3

Since: Jul 08

Deerfield, IL

#11422 Nov 13, 2008
oma2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it they always look at you like it's your fault. Like you set them up or something? hahaha
Exactly:

"Why the hell would you put THAT THERE???"

“I'll think about it!”

Since: Nov 08

Lakeview

#11423 Nov 13, 2008
Jenn7k wrote:
Oma cornbread sounds GREAT! But I'm home on lunch and I just had leftover meat loaf and I'm stuffed!
I'm watching a woodpecker right outside the window. Funny little buggers.
I couldn't help it but... woodpeckers... buggers...LOL!
Pun intended or not?

“love, loyalty, friendship”

Since: Sep 08

Dutchville

#11424 Nov 13, 2008
Burt_Reynolds wrote:
I'm pretty sure I'll die myself when I have to put my dog down. Pride and Joy...
I actually made an appointment to have my 18 year old Australian Shepard put down, because the winters have become so hard for him.

But the few days leading up to the big day I found myself crying off and on and just realizing that pretty soon I'd never see him again.

I cancelled it. I'll just turn the heat up a little more this winter and carry him up and down the back steps- maybe some extra treats for him too.

I am such a wus.
Alvin

Grand Rapids, MI

#11425 Nov 13, 2008
Gol, thanks all, it was hard to write and I appreciate thoughts from all. I have her "sister" a 10 yr. old deaf, also diabetic Yorkie who is feeling pretty sad too. Her whole behavior is different, being deaf she depended so much on Annie. I thought a ride in the car might cheer her up a bit. I'm seeing different sides to everyone (other than political!) and it's nice, I will be back and not always with sadness. Thanks again.
Alvin

Grand Rapids, MI

#11426 Nov 13, 2008
little-me wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually made an appointment to have my 18 year old Australian Shepard put down, because the winters have become so hard for him.
But the few days leading up to the big day I found myself crying off and on and just realizing that pretty soon I'd never see him again.
I cancelled it. I'll just turn the heat up a little more this winter and carry him up and down the back steps- maybe some extra treats for him too.
I am such a wus.
No you are not, I would have a real hard time with the appointment thing too. My husband and I were just talking about that. You aren't ready, and just maybe he isn't either. I think you will know, and he'll tell you.

“Hot time!!!!”

hudsonville

#11427 Nov 13, 2008
welcome alvin, you will find everyone on here nice, caring, and non judgemental. some of us are just mental, right rval.
Hope everyone is having a great day.

Dutchville

#11428 Nov 13, 2008
Alvin wrote:
<quoted text>No you are not, I would have a real hard time with the appointment thing too. My husband and I were just talking about that. You aren't ready, and just maybe he isn't either. I think you will know, and he'll tell you.
Thank you, Alvin.

Location hidden

#11429 Nov 13, 2008
little-me wrote:
<quoted text>
I am such a wus.
No you're not. When the time comes, you'll do the right thing. I know how hard it is. Every year I lose at least one rat. It's the hardest thing I have ever had to do but I do it because they need me to. Just give him lots of extra kisses and if you can help it, don't schedule it for a future date. Make up your mind and just go. Other wise you'll be a mess.

Location hidden

#11430 Nov 13, 2008
LMAO @ Taz and the kitty.

I like it best when they try to pick themselves up and look like nothing happened. I do that all the time when I trip (which is a lot, sadly). I'll trip and/or fall and all I care about is that no one saw me. LOL

rval3

Deerfield, IL

#11431 Nov 13, 2008
Brattus Rattus wrote:
I like it best when they try to pick themselves up and look like nothing happened. I do that all the time when I trip (which is a lot, sadly). I'll trip and/or fall and all I care about is that no one saw me. LOL
Sort of like the, "OMG, I hope no one just saw me do that" kinda look??!!!

rval3

Deerfield, IL

#11432 Nov 13, 2008
Brattus Rattus wrote:
all I care about is that no one saw me. LOL
Sort of like trying to go in the exit door, standing there waiting for it to open....not that I'm speaking from an every day occurence for me or anything!

Dutchville

#11433 Nov 13, 2008
Brattus Rattus wrote:
I remember years ago when my Grandpa fell off his garage roof and broke his leg. Before he made a sound, he made DOUBLE sure no one saw him.

Location hidden

#11434 Nov 13, 2008
rval - yes..that look. LOL I have yet to wait for an exit door to open but when I was a kid I did ride my bike into the back of a parked car.

It takes a special kind of stupid to accomplish that.

Location hidden

#11435 Nov 13, 2008
Today's Darwin Award goes to:

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh police said a detective shot at his own reflection in a mirror while chasing a drug suspect in a dimly lit house in Pittsburgh's North Side.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/cnn-news/...

Now that would make me want to look around and play it off like it wasn't me. LOL

Since: Oct 07

Cloud Nine

#11436 Nov 13, 2008
rval3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sort of like trying to go in the exit door, standing there waiting for it to open....not that I'm speaking from an every day occurence for me or anything!
You have a problem with doors don't you. LOL

rval3

Deerfield, IL

#11437 Nov 13, 2008
EmmaRae wrote:
<quoted text>
A man had to have invented those stupid things!

Did you that Brattus would ride into parked cars???!!!

rval3

Deerfield, IL

#11438 Nov 13, 2008
EmmaRae wrote:
<quoted text>
btw, thank God those exit doors don't open when one stands there thinking its the entrance, and vice-versa!! I'd really be a mess!

Location hidden

#11439 Nov 13, 2008
rval3 wrote:
<quoted text>
A man had to have invented those stupid things!
Did you that Brattus would ride into parked cars???!!!
Hey. It only happened one time. Which was more than enough...but only once!

“Lucky”

Charm City

#11440 Nov 13, 2008
One of the first times I rode a ten speed I was tooling along and pulled in the driveway of a cute guy I had a HUGH crush on. I hit the front brakes instead of the back breaks went over the handle bars and landed at his feet. ugggggh. I was sooooooo embarrassed.

“Go TIGERS!!”

Since: Nov 07

Rockford, MI

#11441 Nov 13, 2008
Brattus Rattus wrote:
Today's Darwin Award goes to:
PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh police said a detective shot at his own reflection in a mirror while chasing a drug suspect in a dimly lit house in Pittsburgh's North Side.
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/cnn-news/...
Now that would make me want to look around and play it off like it wasn't me. LOL
I wouldn't call that a Darwin award. I am thankful I am not getting a report from on of PW friends that we have lost another officer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Tue Wyoming Bob 1,165
Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about al... (Dec '12) Tue Sam 46
Poll Betty Ford has died. Do you care? (Jul '11) Mon TheKaisho 263
Local News Women (Apr '09) Mar 20 NewsFan13 2,856
are the protesters going to jump Mar 18 Oneal 66
News Immigrant families are starving themselves beca... Mar 17 Oneal 4
News GR man charged in 2002 Kalamazoo murder (Aug '08) Mar 16 dick 29

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages