Goodness Rval you are cranky today. LOL
no....thats the real me!!!
;-)

“I'll think about it!”

Since: Nov 08

Lakeview

#11403 Nov 13, 2008
Brattus Rattus wrote:
Good morning all! Hope that everyone is as good as possible.
Yall are talking about all these forums...no one mentioned mine.*pout* Probably cause it's a tasteless question but I really wanted to know the answer! LOL
Morning! Day two on this thread for me. I won't be on as much today - gotta get to work on the sculpture for my little brother's dragon birthday cake.

Brattus - I think there should be more threads like yours! ;-)

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#11404 Nov 13, 2008
As most of you know, I'm not religious. With that being said, I can't understand why so many people make a big deal about Christmas and it's symbols.

To some people, they have a different religion, some have Santa as their muse, and others have Christ.

Why are so many people fighting over removing all religious symbols? Why is it un-PC to say Merry Christmas?

If people would mind their own friggin business and leave all the holidays alone, it would be a better holiday season all the way around.

I mean...holiday trees? They are Christmas trees.

As you may have concluded, I just read an article about the killing of Christmas symbols and it pisses me off.

Everyone should be able to have the Christmas, Chanukah, or whatever they believe in without having to change themselves or their actions.

I also think that if more religions worked together instead of tearing each other down, it wouldn't be such a problem.

*pissed off now*

“Lucky”

Since: Sep 08

Charm City

#11405 Nov 13, 2008
EmmaRae wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know I think they are just joking about it. Way to public for my taste.
I am working on a date for us to get together and will be sending out info via myspace. Keep an eye out for your messages. Looking at the first Saturday in December. That would be December 6. I will send out details in the next few days.
Oma I know you don't have a myspace. Does anyone have your email address they can forward to me. I think just about everyone on here has mine.
Harley Farms and Bratt have my email. Thanks for including me.

Location hidden

#11406 Nov 13, 2008
Unbelievable News wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning! Day two on this thread for me. I won't be on as much today - gotta get to work on the sculpture for my little brother's dragon birthday cake.
Brattus - I think there should be more threads like yours! ;-)
LMAO

Thank you! I feel loved! LOL
Alvin

Grand Rapids, MI

#11407 Nov 13, 2008
I had to put my dog to sleep yesterday. Her name was Annie and she was a Westie. Had diabetes for 4 yrs. and then bladder cancer. My little Yorkie misses her as much as we do. My first day here, sorry.

“Lucky”

Charm City

#11408 Nov 13, 2008
rval3 wrote:
<quoted text>
oma2 - B ITCH!!!
I love you too. hehe

Location hidden

#11409 Nov 13, 2008
Alvin,

I'm so sorry for your loss. At least you know that she's not suffering.

Since: Mar 08

Holland, MI

#11410 Nov 13, 2008
Alvin wrote:
I had to put my dog to sleep yesterday. Her name was Annie and she was a Westie. Had diabetes for 4 yrs. and then bladder cancer. My little Yorkie misses her as much as we do. My first day here, sorry.
alvin, forgive me for not knowing but if this is a "real" post and not a troll, i want to offer you my heartfelt condolences and a welcome to this site. i am a dog fanatic and my dogs are my children. i too recently lost my malamute of 12 years and it broke my heart.

my sister just had to put her dog of twelve years down last Saturday - two days before we put my father in hospice. so this is a recently painful subject for many on this thread and you will be surrounded with care and hugs.

i wish you the best.

Since: Oct 07

Cloud Nine

#11411 Nov 13, 2008
Alvin wrote:
That's ok sorry for you loss.

“Go Tigers!”

Since: Oct 07

United States

#11412 Nov 13, 2008
Alvin wrote:
Sorry for your loss. I know it's hard to have a pet put down.

rval3

Deerfield, IL

#11413 Nov 13, 2008
Brattus Rattus wrote:
, Chanukah
What does the Taco Bell Dog have to do with this?

“mama's boy”

Since: Oct 08

Hastings

#11414 Nov 13, 2008
Oma cornbread sounds GREAT! But I'm home on lunch and I just had leftover meat loaf and I'm stuffed!

I'm watching a woodpecker right outside the window. Funny little buggers.

“Go TIGERS!!”

Since: Nov 07

Rockford, MI

#11415 Nov 13, 2008
Alvin wrote:
sorry for your loss. I remember when my mom had to put her dog to sleep and how hard it was for her. Hope your hanging in there.

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#11416 Nov 13, 2008
Our cat tried to put herself out of her misery last night but she didn't succeed. She's limping now.

Our vertical blinds in our living room don't quite close all the way in the middle. Every once in a while, our cat will come tearing through the house full tilt and jump up on the sill through the gap. Last night Mrs. Taz had put a small piece of plywood on the sill to block any view of our living room from outside. When the cat came tearing through the house and up onto the sill, the plywood startled her, she swapped ends, and leapedoff the sill, colliding with a smoking stand, knocking it over and sending the ash tray on it flying which further spooked her. She didn't stop until she got to the far end of the hall! Then she looked around like "wha' hoppen?"!! Today she's limping a little but I think she's going to be OK. At present she is involved in her usual activity, sleeping on out bed. LOL

“Free Moustache Rides”

Since: Nov 08

A2

#11417 Nov 13, 2008
I'm pretty sure I'll die myself when I have to put my dog down. Pride and Joy...

rval3

Deerfield, IL

#11418 Nov 13, 2008
OMG Taz, LMAO

“Go TIGERS!!”

Since: Nov 07

Rockford, MI

#11419 Nov 13, 2008
Gentle Taz wrote:
Our cat tried to put herself out of her misery last night but she didn't succeed. She's limping now.
Our vertical blinds in our living room don't quite close all the way in the middle. Every once in a while, our cat will come tearing through the house full tilt and jump up on the sill through the gap. Last night Mrs. Taz had put a small piece of plywood on the sill to block any view of our living room from outside. When the cat came tearing through the house and up onto the sill, the plywood startled her, she swapped ends, and leapedoff the sill, colliding with a smoking stand, knocking it over and sending the ash tray on it flying which further spooked her. She didn't stop until she got to the far end of the hall! Then she looked around like "wha' hoppen?"!! Today she's limping a little but I think she's going to be OK. At present she is involved in her usual activity, sleeping on out bed. LOL
Haha, I just see your poor kitty, I am sure she is dreaming flying ash trays at this very moment!

“Lucky”

Charm City

#11420 Nov 13, 2008
Gentle Taz wrote:
Why is it they always look at you like it's your fault. Like you set them up or something? hahaha

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#11421 Nov 13, 2008
When she runs through the house, it sounds almost like a small horse, especially when I am in the basement! She spends the night sleeping on our bed, gets up with us in the morning and eats, then goes back to bed for most of the rest of the day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'The fight is absolutely on' Wed MO_EATS_DUNGS 5
Local News Women (Apr '09) Wed BorculoDad 2,777
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Dec 5 a commenter 1,131
News The Latest: Trump calls Election Day 'our Indep... Dec 4 Cuddles6778 284
So glad Hillary is not President Dec 1 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 9
Amway Fireworks (May '09) Nov 29 Amwaysux 88
News WZZM13 - Holland Police looking for non-custodi... (May '07) Nov 27 TRUTH 22

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages