“& My Favorite Dog Muttley ”

Since: Nov 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#42639 Jan 30, 2013
Hello oma2 - nice to see you!

Oma? Can you give Stuart a pat on the head or a scratch on the rump from Uncle TC? Thank You!:)

I hope all is well with you & Mr Oma2!

Myrtle Beach, SC

#42640 Jan 30, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
So,.... I'm thinking about getting a snowmobile,.....found a sweet deal on two of them, with a trailer,.. and then all of the sudden it's 55 degrees and all of the snow is gone!It's been about 20 years since I had one, and it seemed back then that the same thing would happen.It's such a dilemma, because the guy is selling them so cheap because he doesnt use them.I think that I'd be in the same boat, as all of the snow is gone.But then,....it's a good deal.But, even though it's such a good deal, is it really a good deal if you cant use them?
Buy them! You won't be sorry - even if it doesn't work out this year anymore - it'll be a good investment for next year or in the years to come! If you don't buy them - I fear you'll be kicking yourself for not doing so. 2 sleds with a trailor? I'd go for it Gville!:)

“Lucky”

Since: Sep 08

Charm City

#42641 Feb 1, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
So,.... I'm thinking about getting a snowmobile,.....found a sweet deal on two of them, with a trailer,.. and then all of the sudden it's 55 degrees and all of the snow is gone!
It's been about 20 years since I had one, and it seemed back then that the same thing would happen.
It's such a dilemma, because the guy is selling them so cheap because he doesnt use them.
I think that I'd be in the same boat, as all of the snow is gone.
But then,....it's a good deal.
But, even though it's such a good deal, is it really a good deal if you cant use them?

we have ahad a light couple years but you are always going to have that once in a while. The other years make up for it. I'm sure would enjoy them if you had them. It gets me out in the winter to enjoy the great outdoors. You will always get a yes vote from me.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#42642 Feb 1, 2013
Thanks T.C. and oma2.
I talked to the guy a while ago and told him that they were pretty much sold.
It's a deal I just cant pass up on, and your right, if I dont get to use them much this year, there is allways next year.
Now I need to look for places to ride.

Grandville, MI

#42643 Feb 5, 2013
I'm thinking that this "craigs list" stuff is all a scam.
I dont trust it.
They put those ads out there, but never respond.
Oh well,.........

Myrtle Beach, SC

#42644 Feb 6, 2013
Hi Gville - yeah, that does seem to happen alot doesn't it - alot of rude folks out there on Craigslist that never reply.

On a lighter note though - I replied to an ad in their "wanted" section one day a few months ago and the guy got back to me within in about an hour - he starts out his reply by saying "How's it going TC" and it was Hurley - LOL!

Grandville, MI

#42645 Feb 6, 2013
LOL TC.

I called the people Saterdsy, and Sunday, and as usuall always have to leave a message. Told them I was going to buy them, and had the cash on me.

I had a message on my phone this morning from the party that had the snowmobiles for sale saying that they were sold.

Oh well,......

I was watching the forcast, and saw that it's supposed to get up to 40 degrees on Sunday.
That might melt a lot of snow, so maybe it's a good thing.

Grandville, MI

#42646 Feb 13, 2013
Sure was a nice sunny day today!
:)
Spring is on the way!
SOS in Mesa

Glendale, AZ

#42647 Feb 13, 2013
What happened to TAZ? He hasn't updated his Quote of the day for a while. Thought I might find him here.

“Lucky”

Since: Sep 08

Charm City

#42648 Feb 14, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
Sure was a nice sunny day today!
Spring is on the way!
No,NO,NO,bite your tongue!!!!! i'm not ready for spring yet.
Keep looking around for sleds. you may get a really good deal towards the end of the season too. we went up to Traverse City last weekend. The trails were excellent. I'll let you know if i here of any deals.

Grandville, MI

#42649 Feb 15, 2013
oma2 wrote:
<quoted text>
No,NO,NO,bite your tongue!!!!! i'm not ready for spring yet.
Keep looking around for sleds. you may get a really good deal towards the end of the season too. we went up to Traverse City last weekend. The trails were excellent. I'll let you know if i here of any deals.
I got one!!!
Now I'm looking for a trailer, and think I found a nice one.
I'm all fired up!
LET IT SNOW,....LET IT SNOW,.....LET IT SNOW........

Grandville, MI

#42650 Feb 15, 2013
SOS in Mesa wrote:
What happened to TAZ? He hasn't updated his Quote of the day for a while. Thought I might find him here.
He passed away.
Nice man.
I am glad that I had the opportunity to meet him.
R.I.P. Gentle Taz!

Myrtle Beach, SC

#42651 Feb 15, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>I got one!!!Now I'm looking for a trailer, and think I found a nice one.I'm all fired up!
LET IT SNOW,....LET IT SNOW,.....LET IT SNOW........:)
Congrat's Gville! Do you need a trailer? I honestly don't know the answer here, but won't those fit in the back of a pickup or don't you have a pickup? Anyway, congrat's again on your purchase!:)

Grandville, MI

#42652 Feb 15, 2013
Trouser Cough wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrat's Gville! Do you need a trailer? I honestly don't know the answer here, but won't those fit in the back of a pickup or don't you have a pickup? Anyway, congrat's again on your purchase!:)
yeah,... I have a pick-up truck, but that really aint good.
It's too hard to get it out!
I'm getting a trailer SOON!
I rode the sled last night in my subdivision, and was wondering what the heck did I do?
It's kind of scary fast!
I actually said "holy shit" in the bsck of my mind when I hit the throttle.
I need to hook up with Oma2 and her family.
Let it SNOW!
SOS in Mesa

Phoenix, AZ

#42653 Feb 16, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>He passed away.
Nice man.
I am glad that I had the opportunity to meet him.
R.I.P. Gentle Taz!
Sorry to near that. I never met him but could tell by reading his posts that he was a gentleman through and through. He will be missed by many.

Myrtle Beach, SC

#42654 Feb 16, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>yeah,... I have a pick-up truck, but that really aint good.It's too hard to get it out!
I'm getting a trailer SOON!I rode the sled last night in my subdivision, and was wondering what the heck did I do?It's kind of scary fast!I actually said "holy shit" in the bsck of my mind when I hit the throttle.I need to hook up with Oma2 and her family.
Let it SNOW!
Hopefully you're wearing a helmet? I usually wear one 24/7 just in case - sometimes it's hard to sleep with it on - but you get use to it after awhile.

Grandville, MI

#42655 Feb 18, 2013
Trouser Cough wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully you're wearing a helmet? I usually wear one 24/7 just in case - sometimes it's hard to sleep with it on - but you get use to it after awhile.
Always wear a helmut!
I also always wear my steel toed boots to bed, because you just never know what might fall on your feet in the middle of the night!
Espesially after that meteorite fell in Russia!
If those folks had helmets, and steel toed boots on, there wouldnt have been so many injuries.

Grandville, MI

#42656 Feb 23, 2013
let it snow,....let it snow,.....let it snow,.....
SOS in Mesa

Phoenix, AZ

#42657 Feb 23, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
let it snow,....let it snow,.....let it snow,.....
Sunny and 64 in Mesa.

Grandville, MI

#42658 Feb 24, 2013
SOS in Mesa wrote:
<quoted text>Sunny and 64 in Mesa.
yea,..... that would be nice too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mana s arrest is linked to deadly barbershop sh... 10 min Go Blue Forever 1
Putting Christ back in Christmas 1 hr bobolinq 1
welcome to the new black america 1 hr Really 2
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 13 hr Buffalo Bull 1,491
Al Sharpton's Marchers in New York City Chant "... Tue Gville Jim 5
facts of life Tue Sneaky Pete 6
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... Tue Mr Wiggley 69
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]