|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

KEEP GOING ...

A young man asked his Grandfather why life had to be so difficult sometimes. This was the old man's reply.

Grandfather says this: "In life there is sadness as well as joy, losing as well as winning, falling as well as standing, hunger as well as plenty, badness as well as goodness. I do not say this to make you despair, but to teach you reality. Life is a journey sometimes walked in the light, sometimes in the shadow."

"You did not ask to be born, but you are here. You have weakness as well as strengths. You have both because in life there is two of everything. Within you is the will to win, as well as the willingness to lose. Within you is the heart to feel compassion as well as the smallness to be arrogant. Within you is the way to face life as well as the fear to turn away from it."

"Life can give you strength. Strength can come from facing the storms of life, from knowing loss, feeling sadness and heartache, from falling into the depths of grief. You must stand up in the storm. You must face the wind and the cold and the darkness. When the Storm blows hard you must stand firm, for it is not trying to knock you down, it is really trying to teach you to be strong."

"Being strong means taking one more step towards the top of the hill, know matter how weary you may be. It means letting the tears flow through the grief. It means to keep looking for the answer, though the darkness of despair is all around you. Being strong means to cling to hope for one more heartbeat, one more sunrise. Each step, no matter how how difficult, is one more step closer to the top of the hill. To keep hope alive for one more heartbeat at a time leads to the light of the next sunrise, and the promise of a new day."

"The weakest step towards the top of the hill, toward sunrise, toward hope, is stronger than the fiercest storm."

Grandfather says: "Keep going."

(Text from Keep Going: The Art of Perseverence; Joseph Marshall III

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Good morning, everyone, on this Tuesday morning in Holland. It's about 1 degrees with partly cloudy skies and a se breeze at 7 mph. Today we will have aa mix of clouds and sunshine with temps droppping into the lower 30s with light winds from the south at 5-10 mph.

“Taz say Hi”

Holland,MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

OOps, about 41 degrees!

“Taz say Hi”

Holland,MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Good morning, folks, from frosty (23)Holland where we have an 8 mph southern breeze with partly cloudy skies. We will get gusty winds today (sw at 25-30 mph)and a high of about 36. Snow is likely this afternoon with areas of blowing snow and accumulations of less than one inch.

“Taz say Hi”

Holland,MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Good morning, everone, from chilly (33) Holland where we have sunshine with a wnw wind at 1 mph.Our temperature will remain fairly steady as it becomes partly cloudy this afternoon with a nw wind at 15-25 mph.

“Taz say Hi”

Holland,MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Good morning, everybody, from Holland where it is about 33 degrees with a south wind at 16 mph gusting to 27 mph and cloudy skies. Today will be windy with occasional snow showers, reaching a high of about 39 with south winds at 10-20 increasing to 25-35 mph. Chance of snow is about 60%.

“& My Favorite Dog Muttley ”

Since: Nov 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

I was in a bar the other night and noticed two very large women.

Both had pretty strong unusual accents, so I asked,
"Are you ladies from Ireland?"

One of them chirped, "It's Wales, you friggin' idiot!"

I immediately apologized.

"I'm sorry. Are you two whales from Ireland?

That's pretty much the last thing I remember .....

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Thanks for the LOL T.C.

I've been a little depressed lately.

I just found out that my imaginary internet girlfriend passed away, and to make matters worse, now I hear she was cheating on me with some football player from Notre Dame!

“If ya can't say somethin' nice”

Since: Feb 08

Woodlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Hello all! I must say it is really nice reading some of the old posts... miss you all alot!

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Gville Jim wrote:
Thanks for the LOL T.C.I've been a little depressed lately.I just found out that my imaginary internet girlfriend passed away, and to make matters worse, now I hear she was cheating on me with some football player from Notre Dame!
Not you too - was her name Lennay by chance? Lennay Kukua?:)

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

on the fly wrote:
Hello all! I must say it is really nice reading some of the old posts... miss you all alot!
Hi On The Fly - I hope all is well with you!:)

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Trouser Cough wrote:
<quoted text>
Not you too - was her name Lennay by chance? Lennay Kukua?:)
Oh no...!
You Too?

Since: Oct 07

Cloud Nine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

LOL @ Gville Jim & TC.

On a different note I think the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man exploded.

“Taz say Hi”

Holland,MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Good morning, everybody, from Holland where it is about 9 degrees with light snow and a wnw wind at 8 mph. Roads are snow covered and slippery. We should reach a high of about 10 with snow showers and wnw winds at about 15-25 mph, chance of snow 80%. Two -four inches expected.

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no...!You Too?
I'll be OK Gville - I'm glad it's over - she was getting a bit too whiney lately anyway!

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Trouser Cough wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be OK Gville - I'm glad it's over - she was getting a bit too whiney lately anyway!
Me too,..... just think what would happen if things had gone further, and there were imaginary internet children involved?
Then there would be imaginary internet child support, and allimony involved. That can get really messy!
And people wonder why I stay single!

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Me too,..... just think what would happen if things had gone further, and there were imaginary internet children involved?Then there would be imaginary internet child support, and allimony involved. That can get really messy!
And people wonder why I stay single!
Did you meet her imaginary Mom? Yikes - I did - and she wasn't the type of imaginary mother-in-law anyone would want!:)

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

This video is only about 3 minutes long & it's called The Beauty of Mathematics - Enjoy!:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...

Since: Oct 07

Cloud Nine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

It saddens me to inform you that our sweet weather man Taz passed away on Saturday at the very young age of 67. Please pray for his family.

Rest in peace Taz and may all your days up in heaven be filled with lots of sunshine.

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Very sad indeed Emma. I may not have posted, but I did enjoy his weather reports. And then fact when all hell exploded, he was the constant. :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 40,021 - 40,040 of40,147
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••