Cloud Nine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Gville Jim wrote:
Hi Emma, sorry to hear that you're not feeling well.
Hope you get over it soon!
Thanks. In time it will go away. Hope all is well with you.

Since: Oct 07

Cloud Nine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Trouser Cough wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't say it any better that that EmmaRae - great post!:)
Hey? Would you like to trade your stuffy nose for my congestion & cough? I'd like to try something new & I think trading ailments might be good for us?!:)
No thanks. I will live with my stuffy nose. lol

“& My Favorite Dog Muttley ”

Since: Nov 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

EmmaRae wrote:
<quoted text>No thanks. I will live with my stuffy nose. lol
OK - but my offer is still on the table in case you ever want to change your mind!:)

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>All is good here T.C.Hope you are too!Glad to see you and Emma back here. Happy new year!
Thanks Gville - Happy New Year to you as well!

Go Lions!

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Good Morning All - Have a Great Day!:)

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

It sure is nice to see some of the old gang in here again. I've missed you folks.

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

That said, good morning everybodyon his cloudy morning in Holland where it's about 24 degrees with a wnw breeze at 9 mph. Today will be frosty with a high of about 26, snow flurries early, becoming partly cloudy this afternoon. Wind will be from the nw at 10-20 mph.

Cloud Nine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Gentle Taz wrote:
That said, good morning everybodyon his cloudy morning in Holland where it's about 24 degrees with a wnw breeze at 9 mph. Today will be frosty with a high of about 26, snow flurries early, becoming partly cloudy this afternoon. Wind will be from the nw at 10-20 mph.
Our nice Spring like weather was wonderful, but I knew it wouldn't last. I am very thankful Saturday was a beautiful day.

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Hey EmmaRae - are you going to watch American Idol this year?

Cloud Nine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Trouser Cough wrote:
Hey EmmaRae - are you going to watch American Idol this year?
I'm going to give it a try. Not sure if I can handle watching Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey. Thinking they may drive me nuts, but we shall see.

How about you?

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Gentle Taz wrote:
Good morning, everyone, from warm Holland where it is about 55 degrees with a ssw wind at about 22 mph. Today we expect to reach about 47 for a high with cloudy skies and south winds at 15-25 mph.
Can you do this forcast again?
Saturday was such a nice day!

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

EmmaRae wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to give it a try. Not sure if I can handle watching Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey. Thinking they may drive me nuts, but we shall see.How about you?
I'm thinking about it - who knows, it might actually be OK with all the new judges this year - we'll just have to see.

How's your snuffing going today - I've had some really nice big phlegm producing coughs again today!:)

Cloud Nine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Trouser Cough wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking about it - who knows, it might actually be OK with all the new judges this year - we'll just have to see.
How's your snuffing going today - I've had some really nice big phlegm producing coughs again today!:)
Seems to be better today. Sorry about your phlegm producing coughs. YUCK!

Cloud Nine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Can you do this forcast again?
I think we have been pretty lucky this year. Saturday's weather is usually unheard of in middle of January in Michigan.

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Can you do this forcast again?
Did you put your shorts on and lay out in the sun?

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

EmmaRae wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we have been pretty lucky this year. Saturday's weather is usually unheard of in middle of January in Michigan.
It's all my fault!
:)
I paid to have my driveway plowed this winter, so, thats why no snow.......
LOL
I bet if I buy a snowmobile the temperature will go up too.

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Trouser Cough wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had some really nice big phlegm producing coughs again today!:)
Do you ever sneeze,....and then have a big ol'e wad of "honker" end up in yout hand?
And then,.. you have to figure out what to do with it?
Sometimes you cant just wipe it on your pants and act like nothing happened.

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Trouser Cough wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you put your shorts on and lay out in the sun?
I heard that realy cold weather helps to kill thr flu virus.
I'm going to sleep outside tonight.

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Do you ever sneeze,....and then have a big ol'e wad of "honker" end up in yout hand?And then,
.. you have to figure out what to do with it?Sometimes you cant just wipe it on your pants and act like nothing happened.
Yes, I've had those - sometimes you can't get your hand up in time to block those and the smaller ones fly through the air and look like a tiny set of bar bells doing end over end flips. I accidentally did that in a store one time & it landed on a persons coat in front of me.

Those larger ones are nasty and hard to deal with - if I can't find anywhere to put it - I'll just put it in my pocket.

Oh - and thanks for hiring that snowplow this year - we owe you!

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

KEEP GOING ...

A young man asked his Grandfather why life had to be so difficult sometimes. This was the old man's reply.

Grandfather says this: "In life there is sadness as well as joy, losing as well as winning, falling as well as standing, hunger as well as plenty, badness as well as goodness. I do not say this to make you despair, but to teach you reality. Life is a journey sometimes walked in the light, sometimes in the shadow."

"You did not ask to be born, but you are here. You have weakness as well as strengths. You have both because in life there is two of everything. Within you is the will to win, as well as the willingness to lose. Within you is the heart to feel compassion as well as the smallness to be arrogant. Within you is the way to face life as well as the fear to turn away from it."

"Life can give you strength. Strength can come from facing the storms of life, from knowing loss, feeling sadness and heartache, from falling into the depths of grief. You must stand up in the storm. You must face the wind and the cold and the darkness. When the Storm blows hard you must stand firm, for it is not trying to knock you down, it is really trying to teach you to be strong."

"Being strong means taking one more step towards the top of the hill, know matter how weary you may be. It means letting the tears flow through the grief. It means to keep looking for the answer, though the darkness of despair is all around you. Being strong means to cling to hope for one more heartbeat, one more sunrise. Each step, no matter how how difficult, is one more step closer to the top of the hill. To keep hope alive for one more heartbeat at a time leads to the light of the next sunrise, and the promise of a new day."

"The weakest step towards the top of the hill, toward sunrise, toward hope, is stronger than the fiercest storm."

Grandfather says: "Keep going."

(Text from Keep Going: The Art of Perseverence; Joseph Marshall III

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 2 hr Rob 707
More Lois Lerner Email Shenanigans 15 hr Oneal 4
Local News Women (Apr '09) 22 hr SOS in Mesa 2,293
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 22 hr Outrageous 76
Review: A-1 Appliance Repair (Jan '10) Wed Cooking Herb 20
The Russian need a bullet in his head Wed Oneal 4
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Wed gottondas 5,482
•••
•••