|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

rval2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he bathed, shaved, bandanna on and ready to go?!
I refuse to shave him... but the puppy bath stuff did get brought over...

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

oh.. and he would eat the bandanna and leave colorful 'droppings' in the yard....

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

on the fly wrote:
<quoted text>
More importantly .... did you pack his bags yet? She is going to love Shadow...
Even bought a bag of food!

“...all but 6...UNLESS”

Since: Mar 08

The Merry Ol Land Of Oz

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Judged:

neecer wrote:
oh.. and he would eat the bandanna and leave colorful 'droppings' in the yard....
LOL! Its Rainbow Shadow!

“Bob spelled backwards is Bob”

Since: Jan 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Judged:

little-me wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much the usual. Work, home, gardening... but we did have a Topix party last night. That was pretty fun :)
How is your wife doing?
Her feet are really hurting her, and she's in a lot of pain. That's where she needs surgery, right foot first, then when that one heals the other. The doc's going to fuse the bone together with rods and screws. She will loose 80% of motion in her foot and ankle. If it fails then he will fuse more bones near there. She has tumors that grew in between, and in the bones, causeing her to loose the cartlidge beween them, so it's bone on bone. Doc says she is high risk on healing. But if she does nothing then the pain is so bad it's hard for her to walk. Not a very good choice huh? She's supposed to have surgery on July 24th. Seems like a lot to get ready for around here since she will not be able to put any weight on it for 8 weeks.

“love, loyalty, friendship”

Since: Sep 08

Dutchville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Bob338 wrote:
<quoted text>Her feet are really hurting her, and she's in a lot of pain. That's where she needs surgery, right foot first, then when that one heals the other. The doc's going to fuse the bone together with rods and screws. She will loose 80% of motion in her foot and ankle. If it fails then he will fuse more bones near there. She has tumors that grew in between, and in the bones, causeing her to loose the cartlidge beween them, so it's bone on bone. Doc says she is high risk on healing. But if she does nothing then the pain is so bad it's hard for her to walk. Not a very good choice huh? She's supposed to have surgery on July 24th. Seems like a lot to get ready for around here since she will not be able to put any weight on it for 8 weeks.
Wow. That sounds terrible :(

I wish there was something easier to do for her pain.

“Bob spelled backwards is Bob”

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Judged:

Well I will check in on you guys from time to time depending on things around here. Hope you all have a great day!

“Go Tigers!”

Since: Oct 07

Greenville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

We are headed out! See you in a little bit Neecer!

“...all but 6...UNLESS”

The Merry Ol Land Of Oz

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Judged:

Dispatch Jim wrote:
We are headed out! See you in a little bit Neecer!
Make sure you have room in the car for the dog crate...dog food...dog...!

“...all but 6...UNLESS”

The Merry Ol Land Of Oz

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Judged:

little-me wrote:
<quoted text>
Spring Park in Middleville would be easy for me to set up (and cheaper)-
And hey, maybe that Miranda In The Park chic from WOOD can get you a discount

I don't think you can have alcohol in the park, so I wouldn't expect a big crowd...not to mention...MIDDLEVILLE again

Cloud Nine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Judged:

Hey just stopping in to say hi.
Got the sanding done, now I know for a fact.... When I turn gray, well lets just say that isn't going to happen. I looked white as a ghost. Should have seen my nephew look at me. LOL
Well now it is time to get ready for the open house I have to go to.
Bob....... Thanks for checking in. I hope you wife feels better and her surgery is a success.
Catch you all later.

“If ya can't say somethin' nice”

Since: Feb 08

Woodlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Judged:

Bob338 wrote:
<quoted text>Her feet are really hurting her, and she's in a lot of pain. That's where she needs surgery, right foot first, then when that one heals the other. The doc's going to fuse the bone together with rods and screws. She will loose 80% of motion in her foot and ankle. If it fails then he will fuse more bones near there. She has tumors that grew in between, and in the bones, causeing her to loose the cartlidge beween them, so it's bone on bone. Doc says she is high risk on healing. But if she does nothing then the pain is so bad it's hard for her to walk. Not a very good choice huh? She's supposed to have surgery on July 24th. Seems like a lot to get ready for around here since she will not be able to put any weight on it for 8 weeks.
Oh heavens... I am already feeling her pain... had similar surgery a few years back ... a metal plate and enough nuts and bolts to start my own hardware. But I can walk! Was no weight bearing for 12 weeks.(the longest 12 weeks of my life!) She is so lucky to have you!

Cloud Nine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Hey y'all.

Hope you are all having a better day than me.

“Cautiously optimistic”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

EmmaRae wrote:
Hey y'all.
Hope you are all having a better day than me.
Uh-oh...bad one eh? I got to spend some time with my nephew who flew up from South Carolina...my sister's son. He graduated high school and will be going to college for music. He is a kick azz tenor!

What happened today?

“Cautiously optimistic”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

oh please, topix won't let me say a z z

“I Never Gave Up My Integrity!”

Since: Jun 09

Belmont, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Judged:

Florida Officers Sworn in, Fired
JACKSONVILLE, Fla.--
Allegations of sexual jokes, harassment and inappropriate touching by a female police recruit substantiated by an internal affairs investigation led to the firings of six rookie officers -- including the woman who filed the complaint. The six officers were sworn in as probationary officers on Thursday. On Friday, they were dismissed after an investigation of sexual harassment at the police academy sustained charges of unbecoming conduct. Police began investigating after Recruit Holly Ward complained about the behavior of eight classmates during their training at the police academy. After the investigation, Sheriff John Rutherford followed the recommendation that six of the recruits -- including Ward -- be terminated In addition to Ward, Recruits M.F. Gresham, D.J. John, J.R. Adams, T.J. Brown and T. J. Reimer were terminated. According to the internal affairs' report, Ward told investigators of a number of instances of harassment that began in November, but she did not report it for six months.
In one instance, Ward said that during physical training on how to overcome an attacker, a male recruit squeezed both her breasts. Ward told detectives that one male recruit once said: "She knows her place; she's a woman; she's aware."
Later on the gun range, Ward said she was asked if her husband knew about a relationship with a fellow recruit and was told, "Everybody knows about everything." He then told her that someone paid him $5 to ask her that question. Ward is separated from her husband. Other recruits told investigators that Ward had admitted to having an affair with a married classmate at the police academy. One officer told investigators, "The sheriff came in to speak to the their class one day and he was talking about having integrity. The sheriff said to them if they were to cheat on their spouse how could he trust them, at which point several classmates mumbled "mmm--hmm" in attempt to make a silent statement about Ward."
Some of those investigated by internal affairs admitted to various levels of joking around -- one said making "smart ass" statements to Ward -- but also said she was open about her sexual activities and had flirted with some of her fellow recruits. In a sworn statement, one recruit told investigators that Ward brought photos of herself in a bikini and topless and showed them to classmates. During the defensive tactics exercise, a different recruit said Ward told him: "It's OK, you can touch my boobs. It's no problem." A total of nine recruits were investigated, but charges were sustained against only six. Rick Lewis, the JSO's director of personnel and professional standards, recommended to Sheriff John Rutherford they be fired.
They were terminated based on the findings of conduct unbecoming an officer. "It is unfortunate that we had to take this action. Our standards of integrity, honesty and excellence will not be compromised, especially as we work with men and women to train them to protect and serve the community," This so reminds me of when I used to work in Hotlanta, MI Elk Capital of MI as I always said to my ex-cowkrs "If you can't keep it in your pants, what aren't you willing not to do?"

Cloud Nine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

KayleeLMT wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-oh...bad one eh? I got to spend some time with my nephew who flew up from South Carolina...my sister's son. He graduated high school and will be going to college for music. He is a kick **** tenor!
What happened today?
I remember when that nephew was a little boy and lived at the end of street in Jenison. He would ride his bike by our house and always had to stop and chat with us, he was so cute. I seen the pictures of him on your sisters face book. Both your niece and nephew have grown up sooooo much, since the last time I seen them.

I will be sending you an email in a minute.

Cloud Nine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

KayleeLMT wrote:
oh please, topix won't let me say a z z
LMAO..... You bad girl

“Cautiously optimistic”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

EmmaRae wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO..... You bad girl
Got your email...OMG!

I remember that my sister said you lived by them. He is a tall and handsome young man. He grew up way too fast.

Do you remember eons ago when you rented from my ex-husband? How weird was that?

Cloud Nine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

KayleeLMT wrote:
<quoted text>
Got your email...OMG!
I remember that my sister said you lived by them. He is a tall and handsome young man. He grew up way too fast.
Do you remember eons ago when you rented from my ex-husband? How weird was that?
Needless to say I was pretty freaked out.

OMG yes I remember.... That was when I was pregnant for my youngest 23 years ago and still with my ex. My ex passed away 7 years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 2 hr Guru 806
Fifth Third Bank loses $202 million (Jul '08) 4 hr mat 217
New Year's Rapist Takes Plea Deal 5 hr Oneal 4
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 17 hr Shes awful 79
Local News Women (Apr '09) Wed Red Wood 2,294
What about the Malaysian jetliner? Tue Gville Jim 56
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Mon www 1,274
•••
•••