“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#25036 May 16, 2009
Ok.. highly irritated with the disorganization of the Village of Middleville. We were suppose to be able to register the boys' bikes today (at least that's what we were told by the Village offices). Well, when we got down there, no one knew what the hell we were talking about! We spent an hour walking around following the directions of the people telling us where to go only to find out that no one was prepared to actually register bikes today! What a flipping waste of our time!

I think we're going to wait just before the move and take them into town and do it there. Mom looked up the number for me and I will call Wyoming tomorrow and find out when and where we can register the bikes there. Tis a shame though. they want to ride their new bikes to school sooooooooo bad but they are NOT riding them anywhere except out front until they are registered! We've already had 1 bike stolen from in front of our house (and a scooter), so it's not worth it at all to deal with!

Mr. needs a down day from all the paper writing he did this week (5 papers) so we will be making our run in tomorrow. I think we all need a down day!

“Lost my mind”

be back later

#25037 May 16, 2009
I do have to say there is one good thing today though! Had an awesome late breakfast with Little Me and spent 2 hours just talking and laughing! Will most certainly have to do that again soon!

Union All The Way

“So what!!”

Since: Apr 08

Lakeview, Mi.

#25038 May 16, 2009
Thanks for the cheer up everyone.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#25039 May 16, 2009
neecer wrote:
Ok.. highly irritated with the disorganization of the Village of Middleville. We were suppose to be able to register the boys' bikes today (at least that's what we were told by the Village offices). Well, when we got down there, no one knew what the hell we were talking about! We spent an hour walking around following the directions of the people telling us where to go only to find out that no one was prepared to actually register bikes today! What a flipping waste of our time!
I think we're going to wait just before the move and take them into town and do it there. Mom looked up the number for me and I will call Wyoming tomorrow and find out when and where we can register the bikes there. Tis a shame though. they want to ride their new bikes to school sooooooooo bad but they are NOT riding them anywhere except out front until they are registered! We've already had 1 bike stolen from in front of our house (and a scooter), so it's not worth it at all to deal with!
Mr. needs a down day from all the paper writing he did this week (5 papers) so we will be making our run in tomorrow. I think we all need a down day!
Neecer, what if you just didnt register your kids bikes?
would that be such a bad thing?
Back when I was growning up (last year)
we never had to "register" our bikes.

“Lost my mind”

be back later

#25040 May 16, 2009
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Neecer, what if you just didnt register your kids bikes?
would that be such a bad thing?
Back when I was growning up (last year)
we never had to "register" our bikes.
I would normally not worry about it, but if a bike is stolen, it's easier to find them by serial number, even if someone takes the time to repaint them. My oldest had his bike stolen from in front of house and it was never found. To add insult to injury, it was his Dad's bike which he got after his dad died.

With the fact that they are new bikes, we want them registered as a safety precaution, especially after our last experience with a stolen bike.

“Bob spelled backwards is Bob”

Since: Jan 09

Grandville, MI

#25041 May 17, 2009
Good morning all! Leaving for Battle Creek soon for a baseball game. Two games won, two or three to go. Have a great day all.

“If ya can't say somethin' nice”

Since: Feb 08

Woodlands

#25042 May 17, 2009
Good morning everyone...

Yesterday was a great day.... had a wonderful time at the Air Zoo, lots of great information and freebies for the classroom, a wonderful talk by astronaut from Michigan, David Leestma. It was great to hear someone who truly loves their job speak. He was a very good speaker, very much like a visit with a friend as opposed to a dry boring lecture.
Mama duck, this is something you might want to attend next year, you can even take the ducklings for a very reduced fee. They would love it too!

Well friends, have a great Sunday!

Since: Oct 07

Cloud Nine

#25043 May 17, 2009
Good morning everyone.

On the Fly glad you had a good time at the air zoo, my Dad would love that.

Heading out in awhile to volunteer at the nursing home, then off to get grocery's.

Having the kids over later for brats on the grill.

Union All The Way

“So what!!”

Lakeview, Mi.

#25044 May 17, 2009
Sup Homies..not a cloud in da sky, 42...enjoy.

“Lost my mind”

be back later

#25046 May 17, 2009
*yawns*

The sun is shining and the wind has died out, it's a gorgeous morning! I think we'll be making a run in today some time. Yougest is next door for a sleep over, so it will be a bit later before we do that..

hope everyone has a great day!

“love, loyalty, friendship”

Since: Sep 08

Dutchville

#25047 May 17, 2009
Good morning folks! Slept in today until 9AM... I can't believe all the gorgeous sunshine this morning.

Union All The Way

“So what!!”

Lakeview, Mi.

#25049 May 17, 2009
Beer O clock!!!!!!!!

Grandville, MI

#25050 May 17, 2009
Tigers win!!!
I'll have a beer for that!

Grandville, MI

#25051 May 17, 2009
little-me wrote:
Good morning folks! Slept in today until 9AM... I can't believe all the gorgeous sunshine this morning.
Oh man, you missed a good sunrise!
I never can sleep anymore, so I seen it, was beaytiful, kinda frosty this morning, but thats o-k.
this is just a great day!!!!

“friends are forever”

Since: Dec 08

Sparta

#25052 May 17, 2009
It was a beautiful sunrise! But brrrrr cold....& a lot of fog by the river. Turned out to be a nice day though. My neighbor mowed my lawn since my mower won't work. Great neighbors!! After working all night & this morning, I'm ready for a nap before putting in 4 more hours tonight.
Have a good evening everyone!

“love, loyalty, friendship”

Since: Sep 08

Dutchville

#25054 May 17, 2009
Well, it's just about 10PM. I guess it's getting close to bedtime. Goodnight Topix friends!

Cloud Nine

#25055 May 18, 2009
Good Morning everyone. Happy Monday.

I am ready for the work week again. It was a busy weekend and I need the work week to unwind.

Anyone else up yet?

“Cautiously optimistic”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#25056 May 18, 2009
EmmaRae wrote:
Good Morning everyone. Happy Monday.
I am ready for the work week again. It was a busy weekend and I need the work week to unwind.
Anyone else up yet?
Good Morning EmmaRae. Have a good Monday!

Cloud Nine

#25057 May 18, 2009
KayleeLMT wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning EmmaRae. Have a good Monday!
Morning, you have a good one too. Sometimes Monday's aren't so bad.

Since: Oct 08

Jackson, MI

#25058 May 18, 2009
G'morning ... cold out again .. frost on rooftops ... did I sleep thru the summer??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump has no chance 1 hr Sneaky Pete 13
News Muskegon YMCA revokes memberships of registered... (Nov '07) 12 hr Ddotl3038 66
News Booming again: West Michigan's economy is on a ... 22 hr Disco Stu 37
Poor Little Patriots Wed Joe Balls 25
News Why micro loans might be key to growing black-o... Tue Oh No You Di-nt 1
Local News Women (Apr '09) Jun 27 Carly 2,652
Brexit is America's advantage Jun 27 RushFan666 3

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages