Jesus has returned!!...in India?

“think for yourself”

Since: Aug 08

GR

#102 Apr 23, 2010
radell wrote:
<quoted text>I could take a look. But last time I viewed one of your links it didn't work out so well.
Well, I started watching it again, and I must warn you, there are some negative comments towards religion, so I hope you may be able to get past that and watch. What he talks about is fascinating.

Lawrence Krauss, A Universe from Nothing. If my link doesn't work, go to google video and search that.:)

“think for yourself”

GR

#103 Apr 23, 2010
Here is another one discussing the origins of time and the universe without all the commentary. Not as good. Part 3 really delves into the Big Bang and looking the origin.

&fe ature=PlayList&p=02CFF3AEC 26B13F2&playnext_from=PL &playnext=1&index=30
Vivek Golikeri

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#104 Aug 5, 2010
NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS wrote:
These people worships rats and still fall for parlor tricks for crying out loud, since most of them are hindu's I highly doubt they would even know who Jesus is.
Besides, every one knows the "messiah" is in the WH!
Hindu people do NOT worship rats or cows. The cow means the same thing to them that the American flag means to veterans. It is a sacred symbol of their values. Neither does Christianity promote cannibalism and human sacrifice, as my own ancestors wrongly though a few centuries ago.

A misunderstanding of the eucharist bread and wine ritual ( "eating Christ's body and drinking his blood" )reinforced the myth that whites ate human flesh. And a misunderstanding of that stuff about Jesus allegedly "dying for our sins" promoted the myth that Christianity celebrated human sacrifice.

Both East and West, for too long, have talked or though uninformed bullshit against each other. Before shooting off your mouth, do some objective research.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#105 Aug 6, 2010
Vivek Golikeri wrote:
<quoted text>
Hindu people do NOT worship rats or cows. The cow means the same thing to them that the American flag means to veterans. It is a sacred symbol of their values. Neither does Christianity promote cannibalism and human sacrifice, as my own ancestors wrongly though a few centuries ago.
A misunderstanding of the eucharist bread and wine ritual ( "eating Christ's body and drinking his blood" )reinforced the myth that whites ate human flesh. And a misunderstanding of that stuff about Jesus allegedly "dying for our sins" promoted the myth that Christianity celebrated human sacrifice.
Both East and West, for too long, have talked or though uninformed bullshit against each other. Before shooting off your mouth, do some objective research.
Welcome to the west Michigan bible belt. You'll find no shortage of ignorance or xenophobia here.

“Keeping my fingers crossed ...”

Since: Aug 07

Life's enduring gifts

#106 Aug 6, 2010
Arctic49519 wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the west Michigan bible belt. You'll find no shortage of ignorance or xenophobia here.
You said it.

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#107 Aug 6, 2010
Amazarak wrote:
I couldn't let this oppurtunity slip by. There is a guy in India that has been performing many miracles very similar to those jesus has been said to have performed. This guy is not just some nut job like Manson or Jim Jones, he has millions of followers, and his following keeps growing. He will not perform his "miracles" in a controlled situation, because he says, "Science must confine its inquiry only to things belonging to the human senses, while spiritualism transcends the senses. If you want to understand the nature of spiritual power you can do so only through the path of spirituality and not science. What science has been able to unravel is merely a fraction of the cosmic phenomena."
You just gotta have Faith! WWJD?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sathya_Sai_Baba#...
Why would Jesus return in India? Since he is supposed to be Messiah (king of Israel) shouldn't he return there?

Since: Dec 08

Ottawa County

#108 Aug 6, 2010
This guy has been around a long time.

“O__o ?”

Since: May 08

Grandville

#109 Aug 10, 2010
I asked the pastor of my church about that guy, and he said......"this person is probably one of about a million people since the resurrection of Christ, to THINK they are Jesus."

I think I will just follow the REAL Jesus.

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#110 Sep 4, 2010
Marti from Michigan wrote:
I asked the pastor of my church about that guy, and he said......"this person is probably one of about a million people since the resurrection of Christ, to THINK they are Jesus."
I think I will just follow the REAL Jesus.
The "real Jesus" never existed.

Since: Sep 08

Muskegon

#111 Sep 4, 2010
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a contradiction.

Location hidden

#112 Sep 4, 2010
radell wrote:
<quoted text>That's a contradiction.
How so?

That poster is correct.

Jesus was entirely a fictional character.

Muskegon

#113 Sep 4, 2010
Arctic49519 wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
That poster is correct.
Jesus was entirely a fictional character.
Nope. And it's a language contradiction. why use the phrase "real Jesus" in that sentence?

Location hidden

#114 Sep 4, 2010
radell wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. And it's a language contradiction. why use the phrase "real Jesus" in that sentence?
I'm faily sure that poster was referring to the jesus from christian mythology as the "real jesus" because this thread was about a "jesus" knockoff in India.

That poster is correct, though. The jesus of christian mythology never existed.

Muskegon

#115 Sep 4, 2010
Arctic49519 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm faily sure that poster was referring to the jesus from christian mythology as the "real jesus" because this thread was about a "jesus" knockoff in India.
That poster is correct, though. The jesus of christian mythology never existed.
You are saying that to anger people, and you have no evidence to back it up.

“think for yourself”

GR

#116 Sep 4, 2010
Wow. I can't believe this thread keeps reviving.

As for the 'real jesus', the only proof anyone has is written in the four 'gospels' that weren't even written by matthew, mark, luke or john. There were no names of the authors on the gospels, the names were attributed years later when trying to compile the bible. And if anyone has done any research at all, jesus mirrors gods from the past in an alarming way. But, why would any red flags go up to believers? They are comfortable in their faith....

Location hidden

#117 Sep 4, 2010
radell wrote:
<quoted text>You are saying that to anger people, and you have no evidence to back it up.
Actually, there is more than enough evidence (or lack of) to back it up.

There are no firsthand accounts of jesus existence. Any accounts were introduced as hearsay long after jesus would have died.

Of all of the scribes at the time, such as Philo of Alexandria, who was in the right place at the right time, never once mentioned a jesus. Quite remarkable that no one would mention a miracle of a resurrection if it really happened.

Location hidden

#118 Sep 4, 2010
Amazarak wrote:
Wow. I can't believe this thread keeps reviving.
As for the 'real jesus', the only proof anyone has is written in the four 'gospels' that weren't even written by matthew, mark, luke or john. There were no names of the authors on the gospels, the names were attributed years later when trying to compile the bible. And if anyone has done any research at all, jesus mirrors gods from the past in an alarming way. But, why would any red flags go up to believers? They are comfortable in their faith....
jesus = horus?

coincidence?
http://www.crosscircle.com/images/isis%20and%...

“think for yourself”

GR

#119 Sep 4, 2010
Arctic49519 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there is more than enough evidence (or lack of) to back it up.
There are no firsthand accounts of jesus existence. Any accounts were introduced as hearsay long after jesus would have died.
Of all of the scribes at the time, such as Philo of Alexandria, who was in the right place at the right time, never once mentioned a jesus. Quite remarkable that no one would mention a miracle of a resurrection if it really happened.
Exactly. Then, if you look into the historical events, all of the gospels come from a different time period. You can tell this on how they were written. Not to mention all of the little ways that they contradict each other.

The one that actually lived in the right time to 'know' jesus, made no mention of ever knowing him or even the hanging on the cross. He didn't know about many of the things that were supposedly going on in his time. That would be Paul. All of the so called gospels were written at least 40 years after that of Paul. Interesting.

“O__o ?”

Grandville

#120 Sep 4, 2010
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll find out some day how wrong you are.

“O__o ?”

Grandville

#121 Sep 4, 2010
radell wrote:
<quoted text>You are saying that to anger people, and you have no evidence to back it up.
Well my, my look who is REVIVING dying posts now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grand Rapids; a good place to live? (Mar '12) 1 hr Lena Gomez 194
Local News Women (Apr '09) 19 hr T-Man 2,968
News 18-year-old shot by Grand Rapids police during ... Fri Lena Gomez 3
White people are selective racist. Fri Lena Gomez 2
White males are weak. Fri Lena Gomez 1
Lets Chat (Mar '08) Fri Lena Gomez 40,232
Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about al... (Dec '12) Fri Lena Gomez 49

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance