Jesus has returned!!...in India?

Since: Oct 08

Jackson, MI

#21 Apr 19, 2010
radell wrote:
<quoted text>No, Jesus did have some fundamental differences from this guy. All of the recorded miracles of Jesus were done in front of people who knew whether the person healed really had the affliction. None were done to impress anyone, all had a significant point to the person or people affected. Jesus frequently told witnesses not to go out and spread the word, since he was avoiding becoming a dog and pony show. As for Jesus's return, there will be no doubt. Even you will know.
Sir, not to criticize your comments, but one must remember that all of your "recorded" miracles were written by those with a vested interest in promoting this stuff. How many documents/tablets have been found by what would be considered laymen of that period? Do you not find it strange that only a handful of people elected to record these 30-some years of "miracles" and philosophy, and much not written until many years after the death of Jesus? Stories/folklore have a habit of growing exponentially over time.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#22 Apr 19, 2010
WildCat Mom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a joke Radell.
I got it.

Since: Sep 08

Muskegon

#23 Apr 19, 2010
Amazarak wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are the medical records for the healed from jesus? How do you know those people were healed and the stories weren't exagerated like in Sai Baba's case? Because some ancient text tells you that? Don't you find it odd, that those stories were written 70 plus years after the death of jesus, all of them depicting very different stories of jesus, and yet, you still believe jesus performed all those miracles? Why such low faith in Sai Baba? He has been said to have cured chronic diseases and illnesses, and has current eyewitness accounts of them. He has opened hospitals, and many of his followers say he transfers their pain into himself. Why such little faith in him, but yet, such strong, unfaltering belief in someone 2000 years ago, with no records, and many conflicting tales? I don't understand.
I already explained the difference between Jesus and Sai Baba. Are you aware that Luke was a doctor? And that Luke wrote his account after interviewing any eyewitnesses that had been on the scene? No, it's not today's technology. But he was actually quite meticulous about facts.

Muskegon

#24 Apr 19, 2010
Over 50 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir, not to criticize your comments, but one must remember that all of your "recorded" miracles were written by those with a vested interest in promoting this stuff. How many documents/tablets have been found by what would be considered laymen of that period? Do you not find it strange that only a handful of people elected to record these 30-some years of "miracles" and philosophy, and much not written until many years after the death of Jesus? Stories/folklore have a habit of growing exponentially over time.
You've been posting a long time on here. Why in the Sam Heck would you call me sir? You're arguing with things I didn't say, and your argument is as full of holes as swiss cheese. Try making one or two points for us to talk about, instead of using the shotgun approach.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#25 Apr 19, 2010
radell wrote:
<quoted text>No, Jesus did have some fundamental differences from this guy. All of the recorded miracles of Jesus were done in front of people who knew whether the person healed really had the affliction. None were done to impress anyone, all had a significant point to the person or people affected.
I can't find any evidence to support this. In fact, there are no records of anyone who was alive at the time jesus supposedly was, who actually saw him or even heard of him (most conspicuously absent is Philo of Alexandria, a historian who was in the right place at the right time jesus would have been alive.) All "records" were introduced into history by christians well after jesus would have been dead.
Sandy

Holland, MI

#26 Apr 19, 2010
Arctic49519 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't find any evidence to support this. In fact, there are no records of anyone who was alive at the time jesus supposedly was, who actually saw him or even heard of him (most conspicuously absent is Philo of Alexandria, a historian who was in the right place at the right time jesus would have been alive.) All "records" were introduced into history by christians well after jesus would have been dead.
How many people were alive 400 years ago to take the internal temperature of the earth, but you bought that rubbish when Al Gore spewed it. Your suspicions of Christians are just that...rubbish and fear and hatred of a being you don't even believe in.
NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

Mosinee, WI

#27 Apr 19, 2010
radell wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is poorly stated and offensive. If you're going to set yourself up as culturally above these people, try learning proper grammar.
If you thought that was "offensive", then hold your ears for this one...

BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS!

Hope that offended your fragile sensibilities.

“Pleasantly Deranged”

Since: Apr 08

West Michigan

#28 Apr 19, 2010
so sayeth the shepherd....so sayeth the flock
snomad

Hudsonville, MI

#29 Apr 19, 2010
BS. He's in my kitchen, profiled in my last 2 slices of marble rye. Do I sell on eBay or grill that ham & cheese? Whether I have any Claussen pickles in the 'fridge will be of prophetic value and the decisive factor. Amen

Muskegon

#30 Apr 19, 2010
NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS wrote:
<quoted text>
If you thought that was "offensive", then hold your ears for this one...
BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS!
Hope that offended your fragile sensibilities.
That was actually two steps out of the gutter from your last post. Everything is grammatically correct and you're not trying to be holier than thou.

“think for yourself”

Since: Aug 08

GR

#32 Apr 20, 2010
radell wrote:
<quoted text>I already explained the difference between Jesus and Sai Baba. Are you aware that Luke was a doctor? And that Luke wrote his account after interviewing any eyewitnesses that had been on the scene? No, it's not today's technology. But he was actually quite meticulous about facts.
What a bunch of crap. Show me the records. He wrote them 100 plus years AFTER the death of jesus. Are you telling me he waited 100 years to write about it? What a load of crap.

Anyway, there ARE records TODAY of eyewitness accounts saying Sai Baba has healed people from diseases. Is there any science to back it up? No. I'm sure those records are non-existent and a load of crap.

Meticulous about facts...so was J.R.R Tolkien in his LOTR series. He even made up his own language and maps. Are you going to tell me that must be true because he was "very meticulous in his facts"?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#33 Apr 20, 2010
Amazarak wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bunch of crap. Show me the records. He wrote them 100 plus years AFTER the death of jesus. Are you telling me he waited 100 years to write about it? What a load of crap.
Anyway, there ARE records TODAY of eyewitness accounts saying Sai Baba has healed people from diseases. Is there any science to back it up? No. I'm sure those records are non-existent and a load of crap.
Meticulous about facts...so was J.R.R Tolkien in his LOTR series. He even made up his own language and maps. Are you going to tell me that must be true because he was "very meticulous in his facts"?
This is why christianity is a dying religion.
All of the jesus stories were written and added well after jesus would have been alive. It simply can't stand up to scrutiny.

“O__o ?”

Since: May 08

Grandville

#34 Apr 20, 2010
Is this person possibly, the Antichrist?

Muskegon

#35 Apr 20, 2010
Amazarak wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't say that. I am saying that there is a fundamental difference between the way Jesus is portrayed as functioning and the way this guy is actually functioning.

Muskegon

#36 Apr 20, 2010
Marti from Michigan wrote:
Is this person possibly, the Antichrist?
Absolutely not.
Flawed

River Forest, IL

#37 Apr 20, 2010
radell wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely not.
All I can say is WOW.

I would ask what information you are privy to that makes this an "absolute" certainty, but I guess that when YOU deal in absolutes, no proof is to be required or expected?

Muskegon

#38 Apr 20, 2010
Flawed wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can say is WOW.
I would ask what information you are privy to that makes this an "absolute" certainty, but I guess that when YOU deal in absolutes, no proof is to be required or expected?
I could ask you the reverse. What is it that makes you think it's possible? Oh, you don't? Just want to take pot shots at me again?
The antichrist will not be out in the wilderness doing parlor tricks. He/she will convince millions that he/she is the real deal, gaining world power. Probably a POTUS or something similar, and no, Obama isn't it either.

Since: Jun 09

GR

#39 Apr 20, 2010
radell wrote:
<quoted text>I could ask you the reverse. What is it that makes you think it's possible? Oh, you don't? Just want to take pot shots at me again?
The antichrist will not be out in the wilderness doing parlor tricks. He/she will convince millions that he/she is the real deal, gaining world power. Probably a POTUS or something similar, and no, Obama isn't it either.
I'm still laughing about Over50 calling you a dude!:)

Muskegon

#40 Apr 20, 2010
_Dingo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still laughing about Over50 calling you a dude!:)
He hasn't retracted that yet, either. I used to get called sir occasionally in my job (on the telephone). People stopped after they heard my tone.
Flawed

River Forest, IL

#41 Apr 20, 2010
radell wrote:
<quoted text>I could ask you the reverse. What is it that makes you think it's possible? Oh, you don't? Just want to take pot shots at me again?
And how do you suppose that you convince millions? Do you do it in 1 big show, or do you do it slowly over a period of time? A couple of people here, a thousand people there, and from there you get it to snowball... Jesus started with 12 people... As for it being a POTUS, you have been watching too many movies...

As for switching it around, anything is possible. I am not the one speaking in absolutes though. Heck, you could even possibly be the anti-christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 5 hr tom wingo 2,081
News Wyoming homeowners oppose plan for more rental ... 5 hr Who 1
Paid Protestors In Ferganistan 18 hr Gville Jim 2
News GRPD officer fired regarding standoff (Feb '08) Fri deltagold 150
News New chiropractic tool treats back pain without ... (Apr '08) Thu Chiropractor From... 239
News Black Bear Spotted In Hartford Thu Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
Local News Women (Apr '09) Thu BBQ dave 2,374
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]