Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...

Much to Bob's consternation, and newfound interest in "income equality", pertinent information about Obamacare continues to make headlines and therefore remains a topic of discussion no matter how badly liberals just want it to go away.

The latest is a warning by Rep. Diane Black in regards to the vulnerability of personal information by potential ACA applicants.

[...While there are laws in place to ensure that private companies disclose if someone’s personal information has been compromised, as Watchdog.org reported last month,“there is no law requiring notification when databases run by the federal government are breached, and even though the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) was asked to include a notification provision in the rules being drawn up for the new federal exchange, it declined to do so.”

This is an astonishing failure on the part of the administration, though sadly characteristic of how they have proceeded at every turn with implementation of this train wreck. IT experts have repeatedly raised red flags about the security of the information people are putting into the exchanges. In fact, a report last month from HHS noted that 32 security incidents had been logged since the website rolled out Oct. 1st. This website has been described by former Social Security Administrator Michael Astrue as a “hacker’s dream,” and ten Attorneys General even joined together to send a letter citing their security concerns to HHS Secretary Sebelius...]

Go ahead, Bob, and continue minimizing and ignoring the impact and potential danger this ill-conceived democrat redistribution of wealth scam has wrought on America. We expect nothing but submissive line-toeing and obedient ignorance from you anyway.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

"there is no law requiring notification when databases run by the federal government are breached"

Yup, never has been a law, probably never will be!

HHS joins the Dept of Defense, IRS, Social Security, and every other government entity with the exact same rules when it comes to protecting an individuals personal information......

Now what could possibly be the difference here?

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Bob wrote:
"there is no law requiring notification when databases run by the federal government are breached"
HHS joins the Dept of Defense, IRS, Social Security, and every other government entity with the exact same rules when it comes to protecting an individuals personal information......
Wrong again Bob...
The Administrative Simplification provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA, Title II) require the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to adopt national standards for electronic health care transactions and national identifiers for providers, health plans, and employers.

http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/H...
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again Bob...
The Administrative Simplification provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA, Title II) require the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to adopt national standards for electronic health care transactions and national identifiers for providers, health plans, and employers.
CAN'T YOU READ ????

Your bagger buddy made the point of her post the following:

This latest clueless rant had nothing to do with HIPAA, and everything to do with a long standing policy of the government to not notify citizens of databases that get hacked.

It's nothing new..... Until the people who don't think all Americans should have access to health insurance decided to try to use this so-called groundbreaking news an issue.

When will you people realize that 98% of the crap you are throwing at the wall is made up faux outrage?
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again Bob...
Bob doesn't and won't get it Wiggley. He is like Obama and most progessives in the thought process of the government and their employees don't have to obey the laws the rest of us have to. Besides, he doesn't think HIPAA is valid law and doesn't need to be obeyed. Along with his "nothing to see here folks" usual reaction. Would love to see his reaction if his data is stolen or published by these same "don't have to follow those rules" folks. We can bet his "faux outrage" would turn into the normal massive, profanity laced, temper tantrum he is so famous for on Topix.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
CAN'T YOU READ ????
Your bagger buddy made the point of her post the following:
This latest clueless rant had nothing to do with HIPAA, and everything to do with a long standing policy of the government to not notify citizens of databases that get hacked.
It's nothing new..... Until the people who don't think all Americans should have access to health insurance decided to try to use this so-called groundbreaking news an issue.
When will you people realize that 98% of the crap you are throwing at the wall is made up faux outrage?
Calm down Bob...
My point was the quandary developing because HIPAA absolutely does require all health insurers' health plans, their website and business operations to be compliant. That is a fact...look it up for yourself.
Unfortunately, Obama has used your aforementioned loophole to circumvent the HIPAA law as written and enforced in every other aspect of the healthcare industry.
That in no way justifies him for doing so, it only makes anyone who signs up vulnerable because of the terrible security of the website...and ultimately leaves Obama in the blame for ignoring the basics of a law that was put into place for very good reasons and shows his lack of caring for an American Citizen's privacy.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Really wrote:
<quoted text>Bob doesn't and won't get it Wiggley. He is like Obama and most progessives in the thought process of the government and their employees don't have to obey the laws the rest of us have to. Besides, he doesn't think HIPAA is valid law and doesn't need to be obeyed. Along with his "nothing to see here folks" usual reaction. Would love to see his reaction if his data is stolen or published by these same "don't have to follow those rules" folks. We can bet his "faux outrage" would turn into the normal massive, profanity laced, temper tantrum he is so famous for on Topix.
Since obamacare became law, HIPAA certification has been mandated or expanded for many companies who previously were not required to be so. That's probably a good thing however the decision to not make the aca website also compliant is a huge risk and I believe will ultimately result in yet another "target" type of disaster.
Unfortunately, accountability and responsibility will not fall where it should and we both know that's just wrong.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down Bob...
My point was the quandary developing because HIPAA absolutely does require all health insurers' health plans, their website and business operations to be compliant. That is a fact...look it up for yourself.
Unfortunately, Obama has used your aforementioned loophole to circumvent the HIPAA law as written and enforced in every other aspect of the healthcare industry.
That in no way justifies him for doing so, it only makes anyone who signs up vulnerable because of the terrible security of the website...and ultimately leaves Obama in the blame for ignoring the basics of a law that was put into place for very good reasons and shows his lack of caring for an American Citizen's privacy.
Sorry..... You're choice to change the subject simply shows how you have the inability to discuss one thing at a time......

Most likely due to you not being very calm!

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry..... You're choice to change the subject simply shows how you have the inability to discuss one thing at a time......
Most likely due to you not being very calm!
I'd accept your apology if I thought you were capable of understanding what the subject is.
I realize you can't comprehend the relationship between the aca website and HIPPA's requirement that user/patient data be protected from being hacked as are all aspects of healthcare businesses.
Is "database" the word that's confusing you??
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Bob wrote:
Channeling your inner Hillary again, Bob?

The point is there should be rules when the government is forcing unread and ill-devised laws that urge people to go online and file personal information on an ineptly-protected website. This shouldn't even be a question. The government, at least under Obama, with unlimited resources and tax payer funding, not only cannot create a functional website any corporation would be capable of managing, but they can't even secure it. How incapable is this administration?

And then we have the Useful Idiots like Bob. Similar to those that were told they could keep their insurance of the liked it and then received a cancelation notice, the unfortunate people who's information is jacked because of an unsecured website will get the submissive bend-over-and-take-it regressive voting slabs of ignorance' response of, "what difference does it make anyway?"

You just exude Useful Idiot troll, Bob. You'd allow this government to do anything as long as you thought it would score you a point on a topix site.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd accept your apology if I thought you were capable of understanding what the subject is.
I realize you can't comprehend the relationship between the aca website and HIPPA's requirement that user/patient data be protected from being hacked as are all aspects of healthcare businesses.
Is "database" the word that's confusing you??
You're welcome.......

It seemed quite a bit easier to apologize to one of the village idiots who has such a wedgie the they will never admit they're wrong!

Here's a chore for the mentally challenged......

Find just one reference to HIPPA in the link provided by your teabagging buddy!

If you can't find one..... Why don't you man up and admit that you're nothing but a whiny beotch!

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome.......
It seemed quite a bit easier to apologize to one of the village idiots who has such a wedgie the they will never admit they're wrong!
Here's a chore for the mentally challenged......
Find just one reference to HIPPA in the link provided by your teabagging buddy!
If you can't find one..... Why don't you man up and admit that you're nothing but a whiny beotch!
It's kinda hard to help you along so you can keep up but I'll try...again.
Your comment "there is no law requiring notification when databases run by the federal government are breached" is the core of the problem here.
I never said anyone but myself brought HIPAA into this conversation.
That being said, there are no "freebees" in the HIPAA law that excuse government run businesses from those laws which means the federal government must adhere to HIPAA laws and certification when running the obamacare website.
It's the law...deal with it.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
It's kinda hard to help you along so you can keep up but I'll try...again.
Your comment "there is no law requiring notification when databases run by the federal government are breached" is the core of the problem here.
I never said anyone but myself brought HIPAA into this conversation.
That being said, there are no "freebees" in the HIPAA law that excuse government run businesses from those laws which means the federal government must adhere to HIPAA laws and certification when running the obamacare website.
It's the law...deal with it.
Sadly, there isn't anyone you can blow that is going to repeal the law...... Live With It!

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, there isn't anyone you can blow that is going to repeal the law...... Live With It!
I never did imply HIPAA should be repealed, it needs to be enforced as written.
Sadly, you can't post anything without being vulgar and/or using childish, ancient references to things you used to laugh at in grade school. "anyone you can blow"???
Is that really the best you've got?? You are a joke...haha...
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

The failure of those who fail to see the obvious truth is the real problem...... The entire healthcare system is broken.

It's not hard to find the problems....

The doctors who keep coming up with more and more expensive tests designed for increased profits rather than patient health. The drug companies that charge US customers five to ten times as much as they charge patients in other countries for the exact same drug. The hospitals that charge excessive fees to the insured patient to cover the cost of the freeloaders. The government who turned a blind eye to the entire problem of this price gouging even as insurance companies were raising rates so high that people kept having to turn to cheaper options with less coverage.

I've always said that the ACA wasn't the best option. However, it is a start towards a much more sane and equitable system. That's a lot more than their conservative representatives have ever offered.....

This current crop of whiners have never been able to explain how any of their ideas would actually work. Reducing liability for sloppy medical care is nothing more than an attempt to increase bloated profits. Offering tax credits for insurance premiums paid by those who earn so little they don't pay tax is completely ignorant. And no one can explain how supposed cross border competition is going to help when every state in the country is seeing the same insane rates.

Ignoring the problem, or trying to go back to the good old days where insurance companies ran the REAL DEATH PANELS is beyond stupid!

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Bob wrote:
The failure of those who fail to see the obvious truth is the real problem...... The entire healthcare system is broken.
It's not hard to find the problems....
The doctors who keep coming up with more and more expensive tests designed for increased profits rather than patient health. The drug companies that charge US customers five to ten times as much as they charge patients in other countries for the exact same drug. The hospitals that charge excessive fees to the insured patient to cover the cost of the freeloaders. The government who turned a blind eye to the entire problem of this price gouging even as insurance companies were raising rates so high that people kept having to turn to cheaper options with less coverage.
I've always said that the ACA wasn't the best option. However, it is a start towards a much more sane and equitable system. That's a lot more than their conservative representatives have ever offered.....
This current crop of whiners have never been able to explain how any of their ideas would actually work. Reducing liability for sloppy medical care is nothing more than an attempt to increase bloated profits. Offering tax credits for insurance premiums paid by those who earn so little they don't pay tax is completely ignorant. And no one can explain how supposed cross border competition is going to help when every state in the country is seeing the same insane rates.
Ignoring the problem, or trying to go back to the good old days where insurance companies ran the REAL DEATH PANELS is beyond stupid!
So you honestly believe obamacare is the fix-all for the problems with healthcare??
Don't try to claim "it's a start" because it's not...it's 10 steps backward.
Please explain in detail how obamacare is going to fix the healthcare problems without costing the American taxpayer millions if not billions of dollars.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
So you honestly believe obamacare is the fix-all for the problems with healthcare??
Don't try to claim "it's a start" because it's not...it's 10 steps backward.
Please explain in detail how obamacare is going to fix the healthcare problems without costing the American taxpayer millions if not billions of dollars.
The biggest problem in dealing with a constant whiner such as yourself is the fact that your fear of something has completely blinded you. You read something, but you've put up a mental block to anything that doesn't fit into your fears..... Case in point.

I post the following: "I've always said that the ACA wasn't the best option."

You comprehend as follows: "So you honestly believe obamacare is the fix-all for the problems with healthcare??"

You would be a lot better off if you would just admit to yourself that you don't have the ability to discuss the issue. Much like congress did for decades, just ignore the problem in the hopes that it will go away.

I'm sorry that the real steps taken, whether forwards or backwards, has taken you out of your little comfort zone. It's starting to look like life without blinders is too much for you!
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Apparently some people would much rather go "backwards" and have the American taxpayer foot the bills for this stupidity than have a common sense approach to the issues. Not surprising I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 1,323
why war with isis? 2 hr kookierecluse 17
Liberty University Law School Dean: Gay Marriag... 3 hr DNF 313
Plafkin Brothers-McDonalds, Home of the Famous ... (Jun '13) 6 hr Kelly Hadd 8
Cousins hope to open Grand Rapids' first hostel... 7 hr Faith 3
Local News Women (Apr '09) Tue Zee 2,297
Ellen Bacca Fan Club Tue Lindon 1
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000