“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#341 Mar 10, 2008
The Grand Rapids Press recently ran an article on how much of various cars was actually american made. One of the Korean names actually had the highest american made content, sounding almost like the Detroit automaakers of old before they started spinning off all their parts manufacturing.

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Location hidden

#342 Mar 10, 2008
Gentle Taz wrote:
The Grand Rapids Press recently ran an article on how much of various cars was actually american made. One of the Korean names actually had the highest american made content, sounding almost like the Detroit automaakers of old before they started spinning off all their parts manufacturing.
Yes, and I believe it was Hyundai who came in #1 for most "made in US" parts and assembly.

Since: Feb 08

Tri-cities area

#343 Mar 10, 2008
Hurley35 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and I believe it was Hyundai who came in #1 for most "made in US" parts and assembly.
I wonder if Korea likes them M&M's!!!
To stay on topic, where were those Good Year tires made that they used in Atlanta? Geesh. That had to be scary for them guys. Even Jeff Gordon showed a little chest with that one!

Since: Mar 08

Mission, KS

#344 Mar 11, 2008
Ahh.. Thanks for the info. I didn't realize so many different parts were mad in different companies. And I suppose the basic frame of all the "stock" cars are the same and American made I assume. I just don't like seeing Toyota in a Nascar race.

Mission, KS

#345 Mar 11, 2008
Countries**

Mission, KS

#346 Mar 11, 2008
cheers 2u wrote:
<quoted text>To stay on topic, where were those Good Year tires made that they used in Atlanta? Geesh. That had to be scary for them guys. Even Jeff Gordon showed a little chest with that one!
Man I saw Jr. taking a corner and the rear end getting out from under him on every turn! I saw when Tony was blasting Goodyear after the race, I wonder how Goodyear liked all the negitive publicity? I didn't realize the drivers were that pissed off at them.

Location hidden

#347 Mar 11, 2008
Josh-Grand Rapids wrote:
<quoted text>
Man I saw Jr. taking a corner and the rear end getting out from under him on every turn! I saw when Tony was blasting Goodyear after the race, I wonder how Goodyear liked all the negitive publicity? I didn't realize the drivers were that pissed off at them.
They all like to race hard, as you know, and without traction due to tires, track conditions, ect. It has got to be very frustrating. Although last weeks race, considering the tire issue and trying to dial in the cars because of it, was fairly clean. On the other hand them boys were working hard in there cars. Should be interesting what Goodyear will bring to the table at Bristol. Product, or comment.

“Taz say Hi”

Holland,MI

#348 Mar 15, 2008
The Nationwide race is about to start. They talked to a Goodyear man who said that they are working hard on the tires and preferring to err on the side of safety so they don't have any tire failures.

“Taz say Hi”

Holland,MI

#349 Mar 15, 2008
The Nationwide race was called due to rain with Clint Bowyer in first place and Kane second.

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Location hidden

#350 Mar 16, 2008
I've been kind of out of touch this weekend but I heard they didn't get qualifying in for the race today. Anyone know how they are going to line them up? Owner Points? Car Points?

Since: Oct 07

Big Rapids, MI

#351 Mar 16, 2008
Hurley35 wrote:
I've been kind of out of touch this weekend but I heard they didn't get qualifying in for the race today. Anyone know how they are going to line them up? Owner Points? Car Points?
They're lining them up based on last year's point standings so Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon are on the front row.

Big moment though should be that it's Dale Jarrett's last race. Should be a day full of UPS advertisements.

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Location hidden

#352 Mar 16, 2008
BR Bean Counter wrote:
<quoted text>
They're lining them up based on last year's point standings so Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon are on the front row.
Big moment though should be that it's Dale Jarrett's last race. Should be a day full of UPS advertisements.
Thanks for the info Bean. You're probably right on the UPS ads. More "Thanks Dale..." Ads... LOL.

“Taz say Hi”

Holland,MI

#353 Mar 16, 2008
The "congratulations to Dale" interviews already started with the Nationwide race where he also was one of the commentators.

Tri-cities area

#354 Mar 16, 2008
I don't know if anyone watched the interview with Goodyear, but it seemed like they wanted to put a little blame on the COT for it's suspension setup. Did anyone catch that? There was a comment to the affect that the COT is set up for 'bump ride'?
Does anyone know if they used the COT in Atlanta last year?

“Taz say Hi”

Holland,MI

#355 Mar 16, 2008
It should be an interesting race today with cool temperatures and no rain. I just checked weather.com and they showed 54 degrees and cloudy.

Since: Oct 07

out in the sticks

#356 Mar 16, 2008
Today should be a fun race to watch with it being a short track! Go Junebug!!! Woo hoo!#88 in '08!

“Taz say Hi”

Holland,MI

#357 Mar 16, 2008
Mountain Dew gave Darrel Waltrip the #11 car he had a number of wins with.
Ned Jarret waved the green flag to start the race.
Richard Childress Racing swept first three:
1. Jeff Burton
2. Kevin Harvick
3. Clint Boyer

Jr. in top five
Smoke not very happy with 14th after wrecking while running second. Led the most laps.

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Location hidden

#358 Mar 16, 2008
What was up with pulling Harvick in for tires??? That was like the Allstate "Bad Hands" call of the day.

“Taz say Hi”

Holland,MI

#359 Mar 16, 2008
Hurley35 wrote:
What was up with pulling Harvick in for tires??? That was like the Allstate "Bad Hands" call of the day.
That was their call under yellow. Actually, if Jeff Burton hadn't gotten lucky (as he said himself after the race), Kevin would have won.

“Who Cares?”

Muskegon

#360 Mar 18, 2008
Happy to see burton win, but by far my fav, driver. I can't wait to see j.r win. He is on his way and I will be ready for that day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) Fri Morningwood 2,931
News Michigan lawmaker proposes bill banning Sharia Law Jun 18 Muzzie confusion 12
Quote of the Day (Feb '08) Jun 16 Kelly Joanne Cannon 479
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Jun 16 A Commenter 1,176
The Geek Group Jun 15 Redrider87 3
News Teen shot by police on probation for earlier sh... May 31 About time 1
News 18-year-old shot by Grand Rapids police during ... May 31 No doubt 1

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages