Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Really wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you wonder how the recession was Bush's fault and the high unemployment was Bush's fault and the high gas prices were Bush's fault? Yet Obama has been President for 4 years and the gas prices are higher than when he took office, unemployment is still hovering around 8% and the recovery is plodding along and yet it's still Bush's fault? The "logic" is comical to say the least.
And who does the hiring and firing? And who sets the prices for gas?
And the more government spending is reduced the more private sector jobs are lost because the government contracts everything that gets done to the private sector.

It's a hopeless case to get you guys to understand that the government pays for more private sector jobs you are willing to acknowledge.

And no, that doesn't mean I am for big government. So I'll say it again; I hope the government does cut back the way you guys want it to so you will get the full impact of what you so desperately want.
Really

Berrien Springs, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
And who does the hiring and firing? And who sets the prices for gas?
And the more government spending is reduced the more private sector jobs are lost because the government contracts everything that gets done to the private sector.
It's a hopeless case to get you guys to understand that the government pays for more private sector jobs you are willing to acknowledge.
And no, that doesn't mean I am for big government. So I'll say it again; I hope the government does cut back the way you guys want it to so you will get the full impact of what you so desperately want.
Then stop blaming Bush! He was to blame for 9/11, Katrina, high gas prices, the recession, the 8% unemployment we have now, you name it, you clowns keep blaming Bush for everything including the so called climate change. Of course you aren't for big government, just more government. Obama isn't for "big" government either, he just wants more government. He has created more government jobs in the last four years than he has done anything else. Who pays for those government jobs??? The taxpayers do you dolt!
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>Then stop blaming Bush! He was to blame for 9/11, Katrina, high gas prices, the recession, the 8% unemployment we have now, you name it, you clowns keep blaming Bush for everything including the so called climate change. Of course you aren't for big government, just more government. Obama isn't for "big" government either, he just wants more government. He has created more government jobs in the last four years than he has done anything else. Who pays for those government jobs??? The taxpayers do you dolt!
"He has created more government jobs in the last four years than he has done anything else."

Prove that.

And do explain how there can be more government but not bigger government.

You mean those military jobs? Except for the politicians most of the other "government jobs" are private sector contracted jobs. Ya boy lets get rid of them so you can complain how Obama has lost private sector jobs.
Mrs C

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
"He has created more government jobs in the last four years than he has done anything else."
Prove that.
You mean those military jobs? Except for the politicians most of the other "government jobs" are private sector contracted jobs. Ya boy lets get rid of them so you can complain how Obama has lost private sector jobs.
Maybe you should change your name to "SeenItBeWhore"
Really

Berrien Springs, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that.
Excuse me? Do you read anything but your own posts? Even the BLS says Obama has created 162,000 new government jobs! Apparently you are just willing to argue with anyone who has the temerity to disagree with Obama's policies. Are you sure your alter ego's name isn't Go Blue? You certainly sound and awful lot alike. Nah, you can't be since he has no clue what he stands for or why. You just pontificate.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Chip wrote:
From Truman to Bush there was a total of 39 months of unemployment. Under Obama alone there have been 43.
The idiot democrats still don't get it.
During the last four years, we have seen an increase in private sector hiring while at the same time, the number of governmental employees has been on a gradual downward trend.........

So you're right - Obama has added to the unemployed!

Imagine how many more could lose their jobs if the republicans could take an axe to all those government programs you hate so much.

That would be Obama's fault too..... Idiot!
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Plymouth, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Zero liability voters have no skin in the game. They should be taxed for their freebees..... Unemployment Insurance gets taxed..... Tax the Poor for taking from the Makers....
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
Zero liability voters have no skin in the game. They should be taxed for their freebees..... Unemployment Insurance gets taxed..... Tax the Poor for taking from the Makers....
It's a bitch to have your unemployment taxed isn't it........

How long do you plan on living off of it slacker?
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Really wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me? Do you read anything but your own posts? Even the BLS says Obama has created 162,000 new government jobs! Apparently you are just willing to argue with anyone who has the temerity to disagree with Obama's policies. Are you sure your alter ego's name isn't Go Blue? You certainly sound and awful lot alike. Nah, you can't be since he has no clue what he stands for or why. You just pontificate.
So in your mind that's proof? Because you say even the BLS says it? Show me were that is. What are those government jobs? Soldiers maybe? Employees at the military arms manufacturers? Show me the proof. You can't even understand what's written here. I don't know how you could understand a BLS report.

But to make things simpler maybe you are misrepresenting this.
"So, instead of creating 162,000 jobs a month over that period, it now appears the economy was creating 194,000 a month, a nearly 20 percent increase over the previous estimate."
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09...
Isn't it interesting that same number 162,000 shows up.
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
So in your mind that's proof? Because you say even the BLS says it? Show me were that is. What are those government jobs? Soldiers maybe? Employees at the military arms manufacturers? Show me the proof. You can't even understand what's written here. I don't know how you could understand a BLS report.
"So, instead of creating 162,000 jobs a month over that period, it now appears the economy was creating 194,000 a month, a nearly 20 percent increase over the previous estimate."
With all those increases you would think unemployment would have inproved over the last 4 years. I'm sure it couldn't be that the numbers provided by the dailybeast are wrong.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
With all those increases you would think unemployment would have inproved over the last 4 years. I'm sure it couldn't be that the numbers provided by the dailybeast are wrong.
But of course you didn't bother to read it as the numbers came from the BLS. Just reported by the Dailybeast.
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
But of course you didn't bother to read it as the numbers came from the BLS. Just reported by the Dailybeast.
Who runs the BLS? again refer to prior post.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Who runs the BLS? again refer to prior post.
Wow!!!!

I know the answer to that one......

The godless commie that worships with muslims when he isn't on the golf course, or planning trillion dollar taxpayer paid vacations with his wife!

How'd I do?
Really

Berrien Springs, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

2,790,000 federal workers in January 2009 when the president took office, and now there are 2,804,000 workers. The fact is that there is no month during President Obama’s term when the federal workforce was smaller than it was in the first month of Mr. Obama’s presidency. The president took over in January 2009. Every month after January 2009 has seen more federal workers than were employed in January 2009.
SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
"2,790,000 federal workers in January 2009 when the president took office, and now there are 2,804,000 workers. The fact is that there is no month during President Obama’s term when the federal workforce was smaller than it was in the first month of Mr. Obama’s presidency. The president took over in January 2009. Every month after January 2009 has seen more federal workers than were employed in January 2009." http://www.aei-ideas.org/2012/09/has-governme... . Perhaps you would like to follow this link???? The numbers above are a direct quote from the article. And in case you think I can't "comprehend", the article also says that "total government employment has fallen, which includes state and local employment". There's your "less government employees" remark. And yes, I know, it doesn't mean what I think it means. BS
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Mount Morris, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a bitch to have your unemployment taxed isn't it........
How long do you plan on living off of it slacker?
Never had to take any but the fact remains but I don't see you hippies trying to change things......
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Really wrote:
2,790,000 federal workers in January 2009 when the president took office, and now there are 2,804,000 workers. The fact is that there is no month during President Obama’s term when the federal workforce was smaller than it was in the first month of Mr. Obama’s presidency. The president took over in January 2009. Every month after January 2009 has seen more federal workers than were employed in January 2009.<quoted text>"2,790,000 federal workers in January 2009 when the president took office, and now there are 2,804,000 workers. The fact is that there is no month during President Obama’s term when the federal workforce was smaller than it was in the first month of Mr. Obama’s presidency. The president took over in January 2009. Every month after January 2009 has seen more federal workers than were employed in January 2009." http://www.aei-ideas.org/2012/09/has-governme... . Perhaps you would like to follow this link???? The numbers above are a direct quote from the article. And in case you think I can't "comprehend", the article also says that "total government employment has fallen, which includes state and local employment". There's your "less government employees" remark. And yes, I know, it doesn't mean what I think it means. BS
The there's just nothing left to say.
pipedream

Flint, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
The there's just nothing left to say.
They'll never understand. They only want to believe what they want to believe. No amount of facts and truth is going to change their minds. Most of them on here are unemployed (or never held a real job) trailer trash punks who spend their whole day and night looking at right wing blogs, faux news, listening to rush Limballs and video games, and hate Obama because they're racists. All you're going to do here is add more hits to Topix ticker which only makes the a$$holes making money off Topix internet hits richer.
pipedream

Flint, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

James wrote:
<quoted text>
Old news, but don't let that stop you. It still was Obama's dream plan to invest in "Green" jobs yet almost every one has failed. Meaning Obama has failed. Plain and simple unless your SIB.
No it was the owners, operators and investors in those green companies who scammed the govt, stole money and enriched themselves that failed. Anyone would understand that and put blame where it belongs unless you're a teabagger and you know what they say about teabaggers don't you?
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
They'll never understand. They only want to believe what they want to believe. No amount of facts and truth is going to change their minds. Most of them on here are unemployed (or never held a real job) trailer trash punks who spend their whole day and night looking at right wing blogs, faux news, listening to rush Limballs and video games, and hate Obama because they're racists. All you're going to do here is add more hits to Topix ticker which only makes the a$$holes making money off Topix internet hits richer.
I just can't figure it out. It's more important to them that people be unemployed rather than employed by the federal government when it's obvious the private sector isn't increasing employment enough to affect the economy as quickly as would be more desirable.

On top of that they would rather have people employed in substandard livable wages because it would hurt business profits to pay them more.

I mean they are so fixated at how people are employed rather than them being employed, and when employed not making enough to positively affect the economy.

I would rather pay a few dollars (comparatively) extra in taxes and have it return to me in the form of increased economic activity than pay the lower taxes and not get it back from a stagnate economy.

I know they will bark back that that's not the case, with expletives of course, but in the final analysis that's what it boils down to.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Never had to take any but the fact remains but I don't see you hippies trying to change things......
Ya you do. You just refuse to recognize it through your prejudices.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 3 hr Phil 1
The cheerleaders with their tight skirts are v... 3 hr Phil 1
why war with isis? 4 hr Phil 17
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 5 hr Buffalo Bull 1,326
Liberty University Law School Dean: Gay Marriag... 10 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 314
Plafkin Brothers-McDonalds, Home of the Famous ... (Jun '13) Wed Kelly Hadd 8
Cousins hope to open Grand Rapids' first hostel... Wed Faith 3
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE