Terrorism

The DOW falling again

Jon and Kate's announcement

Other-please explain.

Since: Jun 09

Wichita, KS

#42 Jun 23, 2009
Hurley35 wrote:
<quoted text>Did I say I voted left??? You obviously don't know me. The Republican Party left me when they turned too liberal.
I thoroughly apologize, I honestly jumped to a conclusion and assumed. My mistake.

But I think there might be hope in Mitt Romney. He has a good strong sense of government, and definitely more experience than Mr Obama does.

“Lost in the middle somewhere..”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#43 Jun 23, 2009
I am not anti-Obama. I voted 3rd party in the election. I am not super pro-Obama but I have certainly hoped that he could and will turn things around.

That being said, however, I think what I am beginning to be worried about is how it seems that we really are becoming what some call a "nanny state". I think there is too much government and little by little we are losing freedom. Especially individual freedoms. That truly concerns me.

“Lost in the middle somewhere..”

Location hidden

#44 Jun 23, 2009
By the way, since I tend to be somewhat middle ground somewhere when it comes to politics, I do need to state that I was not anti-Bush either. I wasn't super pro-Bush but I didn't totally hate the guy.

“Some Call Me...Dingo”

Since: Apr 09

Grand Rapids

#45 Jun 23, 2009
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>Good post TK. Looks like the judge-its weirdos are at it again, but what do they know? I agree with your thought process on the damage that has been done. I hope and pray it can be turned around, but I'm afraid of how much more will be done before we can vote him and his mafiosos out.
Thanks, Sandy. I don't pay attention to the judge buttons any more. Bunnee/Rval or whoever he/she is today has pretty much destroyed the credibility of that feature.
Like everyone else, I'm concerned about obama's reaction to North Korea. It seems perilous no matter what he does or says. In any other circumstance I'd have real empathy for our president. In obama's case I just don't trust him. I don't trust he has America's best interest in mind and I sure as hell don't believe he has any intention of being transparent to the people he's supposed to be working for. I don't trust the people obama has surrounded himself with, or their motives.
In the end I feel this president has put us in a very vulnerable position financially, has virtually no experience in world affairs and will do what is best for himself and his ego despite the citizens of the U.S.A. It just feels like we're adrift without a government we can trust.

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#46 Jun 23, 2009
Keij wrote:
<quoted text>
I thoroughly apologize, I honestly jumped to a conclusion and assumed. My mistake.
But I think there might be hope in Mitt Romney. He has a good strong sense of government, and definitely more experience than Mr Obama does.
Apology accepted. We all do that from time to time. But just to let you know where I stand, in my opinion Mitt Romney is NOT a fiscal conservative. See my earlier post concerning his term as Governor of Mass. A fiscal disaster.

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Location hidden

#47 Jun 23, 2009
-LMS- wrote:
I am not anti-Obama. I voted 3rd party in the election. I am not super pro-Obama but I have certainly hoped that he could and will turn things around.
That being said, however, I think what I am beginning to be worried about is how it seems that we really are becoming what some call a "nanny state". I think there is too much government and little by little we are losing freedom. Especially individual freedoms. That truly concerns me.
May I ask what third party candidate you voted for?

Since: Jun 09

Wichita, KS

#49 Jun 23, 2009
Hurley35 wrote:
<quoted text>Apology accepted. We all do that from time to time. But just to let you know where I stand, in my opinion Mitt Romney is NOT a fiscal conservative. See my earlier post concerning his term as Governor of Mass. A fiscal disaster.
Well not every president has a well rounded mug, that's for sure. That's what makes their administrations so different from each other. There are always economic advisers and such that can be used.

I don't know what to do now. You've got me thinking if I should vote third party.:/

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Location hidden

#50 Jun 23, 2009
Keij wrote:
<quoted text>
Well not every president has a well rounded mug, that's for sure. That's what makes their administrations so different from each other. There are always economic advisers and such that can be used.
I don't know what to do now. You've got me thinking if I should vote third party.:/
Hey, when the Repubs snub their best man, Ron Paul, and end up with John McCain as their candidate they leave me no choice but to vote third party.

Since: Apr 08

Grand Rapids MI

#51 Jun 23, 2009
Lets see, listing "Business operating any way it can, without any checks or concerns for its' customers". that would have been a good one. National Health care. "YES" finally, we'll only have to pay once for health care, not 5 or 6 times.

But North Korea keeps pulling my attention. It seems this guy really thinks he's going to intimadate us and the world. oh brother. And why haven't the Chinease interveined???

“Don't touch my junk man!”

Middle of the Mitten, Michigan

#53 Jun 23, 2009
Rich S wrote:
Lets see, listing "Business operating any way it can, without any checks or concerns for its' customers". that would have been a good one. National Health care. "YES" finally, we'll only have to pay once for health care, not 5 or 6 times.
But North Korea keeps pulling my attention. It seems this guy really thinks he's going to intimadate us and the world. oh brother. And why haven't the Chinease interveined???
I believe the ship we're currently watching passed by China without issue as well. I don't think they're going to intervene unless they absolutely have to.
Fred

Battle Creek, MI

#54 Jun 23, 2009
I would say Obama and in so doing would be able to subtext most of the choices provided.

He is just like Jennifer Granholm--all talk and no go.

Of all the people we have in this country who actually have a track record for getting things by staying on task, how did we end up with this guy?

I remember Jimmy Carter and Obama is starting to remind me of him.

Since: May 09

Lowell Mi

#55 Jun 23, 2009
This is a good poll I would have thought from all the cries from the GOP Iran would have been much higher up the list. I think its important for the fact that a new more pro west government there would certainly make things easier in the Middle East. Iran exports terror, and is helping to destabilize Iraq .
Mark

Reedsville, WI

#56 Jun 23, 2009
Ryan wrote:
<quoted text>What does his salary have to do with your child going to college. IF these company's and institutions want to pay outrageous salaries let them. If you don't like it then do not support them with your money.
What does ridiculous salaries to professors have to do with kids paying for college? Based on a 40 hr work week that would be about $1,800,000.00 for a full 48 week salary. For a teacher? Teachers are really really over paid aren't they?

Will paying those type of wages make tuition go up or down do you think? How much do you think someone with 8 years of education should make for about 3 hours work per week for 32 weeks per year?

That makes lawyers and doctors salaries small potatoes.
John M

Cedar Springs, MI

#57 Jun 23, 2009
Hurley35 wrote:
<quoted text>Did I say I voted left??? You obviously don't know me. The Republican Party left me when they turned too liberal.
Hurley I see you voting Chuck Baldwin before I see you voting Left.

“lover”

Since: Feb 09

Dorr MI

#58 Jun 23, 2009
The lack of JOBS! Neither party is doing anything of substance to address the issue. Unfair trade and outsourcing to other countries is destroying our economy. Big business bottom liners (bottom feeders) have no loyalty to the American worker. Now it's coming back to bite them. We have no money to by their foreign made junk.

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Location hidden

#59 Jun 23, 2009
John M wrote:
<quoted text>Hurley I see you voting Chuck Baldwin before I see you voting Left.
LOL, I DID vote for Baldwin.

“...all but 6...UNLESS”

Since: Mar 08

The Merry Ol Land Of Oz

#60 Jun 23, 2009
Hurley35 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, I DID vote for Baldwin.
Which one?

Since: Oct 08

Jackson, MI

#61 Jun 23, 2009
Hmmm . . . what concerns me most today . . . I can't find my rubber ducky . . .
John M

Cedar Springs, MI

#62 Jun 23, 2009
Hurley35 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, I DID vote for Baldwin.
Same here! well according to the voting numbers he got we must have been the only two in Michigan! But truly I really wanted to take a sharpie and write Ron Paul in big bold letters across the ballot.

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Location hidden

#63 Jun 23, 2009
John M wrote:
<quoted text>Same here! well according to the voting numbers he got we must have been the only two in Michigan! But truly I really wanted to take a sharpie and write Ron Paul in big bold letters across the ballot.
You know what's interesting about that? I personally know 20-30 people who voted for Baldwin (or claim they did). I can find the numbers for Ottawa County as far as numbers and percentages of votes cast for Obama and McCain but I can find any numbers on how many votes were cast for Baldwin. Curious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WZZM13 - Plainfield Skating Rink closes (Jul '07) Fri Danny 52
Local News Women (Apr '09) Fri PedroVotes 2,888
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Fri a commenter 1,172
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Apr 8 Disturbing 95
Does anyone know why the Chez Ami Bowling alley... (Sep '14) Apr 7 Kimmie 12
Poll Betty Ford has died. Do you care? (Jul '11) Apr 2 Fred 266
News Construction has few blacks, report says (Aug '07) Apr 2 lol 616

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages