Other-please explain.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Don't touch my junk man!”

Since: Nov 07

Middle of the Mitten, Michigan

#1 Jun 22, 2009
Checking out any news site is about enough to scare the crap out of anyone.

What's the biggest thing going on right now in your mind? Mine's Jon and Kate's big announcement-ooooh, I wonder if it's divorce! OMG!

Haha, ok, just kidding, North Korea is on top of my scares the crap out of me list. How about you?

“love, loyalty, friendship”

Since: Sep 08

Dutchville

#2 Jun 22, 2009
I voted for John and Kate- LOL!

All are very serious, but I'm going for National Healthcare.

“Russian ties?”

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#3 Jun 22, 2009
who is jon and kate?
I hope they dont have any kids!

#4 Jun 22, 2009
little-me wrote:
I voted for John and Kate- LOL!
All are very serious, but I'm going for National Healthcare.
Does it concern you in the respect that you want it, or that you don't?

I was reading some interesting findings on the proposed plan from the CBO. It's a little concerning that the plan out there right now would cost 1.6 trillion dollars. That's a LOT of dough we don't have. They also indicated that nearly 10% of those we consider uninsured are illegal immigrants, and an additional 50% of the uninsured could buy and pay for their own coverage, but instead don't.

No matter what though, I think we can all agree that the things going on now are crazy all around!

“Some Call Me...Dingo”

Since: Apr 09

Grand Rapids

#5 Jun 22, 2009
The loss of our individualism.

I think the abundant ignorance and lethargy in America and how easily we've allowed the progressive/marxist movement to gain such a foothold has me most concerned. It's a tremendous eye-opener to see how much power a politically-corrupt media has over we Americans. I thought we were a stronger nation of individuals. Instead, I see a bunch of scared zombies, hooked on 'Dancing With The Stars' and willing to aimlessly follow whichever direction the media and some smarmy politician points us toward.

I'm concerned simply voting out or impeaching the current administration won't be enough to regain our swagger and individualism. I'm concerned too much damage has been done by inept, lying and deceitful leadership.
Thewayiseeit

Cadillac, MI

#6 Jun 22, 2009
Our deficit is somewhat of an answer the includes several others, Scarry.

“Really? I mean, REAAALLLYY???”

Since: Nov 08

Jenison, MI

#7 Jun 22, 2009
Terrorism is at the top of my "Change my shorts" list.

Wild Rose 01

Since: Feb 08

Kalamazoo, MI

#8 Jun 22, 2009
I guess all of them can be serious depending on who you are & how you look at things. The GM bailout leaves me a lil p.issy for the fact that they brought all this stuff unto themselves. The Healthcare is spinning out of control too. I pity alot of people that are basically screwed by the whole system. Terrorism I think is ALWAYS in the back of everybodys mind. I guess it could be scary if you let it. Jon & Kate...geez all I can say is PATHETIC! Now she made the headlines by smacking the crap outta her daughter in public? These two get what they deserve when you go & make your WHOLE life public! Get divorced...WHO CARES!...=0)

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#9 Jun 22, 2009
Our testicle free President will push Nationalized
Healthcare through quickly, like the stimulus package was pushed.
Then you find out it has more "pork" than Bob Evans sausage.

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#10 Jun 22, 2009
I'm sure that everyone here who reads my posts knows that I'm just biting my nails over Jon and Kate...

“November 12th, 2011”

up a tree

#11 Jun 22, 2009
I think alot of our problems could be solved by dealing with illegal immigration to the US and by booting the illegals that are already here.
Sheriff_Garrett

United States

#12 Jun 22, 2009
It's all scary so I'm just focusing on getting through college right now and ignoring the rest of it. I don't feel/believe worrying will change anything in the grand scheme of things anyhow. I kind of think we're already screwed!! So college is the focus. That and getting into the salon for a pedicure. Seriously.

#13 Jun 22, 2009
Hurley35 wrote:
I'm sure that everyone here who reads my posts knows that I'm just biting my nails over Jon and Kate...
That's why I put that option on there Hurley. I know how important their situation is to you!

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Location hidden

#14 Jun 22, 2009
Ms Angie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I put that option on there Hurley. I know how important their situation is to you!
I haven't slept all weekend! Is she fooling around? With who? Is Kate Pregnant with another man's child? Is Jon going to be the next Bachelor? Who gets the house? It's all just driving me crazy! I need to know! LMAO......
Sheriff_Garrett

United States

#15 Jun 22, 2009
Hurley35 wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't slept all weekend! Is she fooling around? With who? Is Kate Pregnant with another man's child? Is Jon going to be the next Bachelor? Who gets the house? It's all just driving me crazy! I need to know! LMAO......
I didn't even know who the Gosslins were until the whole marriage going south rumors started. I look at them and they kind of make me nauseated; I get the feeling she sees dollar signs in those children. Granted I don't know much about them...so I may be wrong. I feel badly for the kids. It's like they have been/are being exploited for their twit parent's financial gain. My opinion, based on the few articles I've read anyway!

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Location hidden

#16 Jun 22, 2009
Sheriff_Garrett wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't even know who the Gosslins were until the whole marriage going south rumors started. I look at them and they kind of make me nauseated; I get the feeling she sees dollar signs in those children. Granted I don't know much about them...so I may be wrong. I feel badly for the kids. It's like they have been/are being exploited for their twit parent's financial gain. My opinion, based on the few articles I've read anyway!
I had heard of them before but I could really have cared less. I still don't care.

“XILKA XILKA BESA BESA”

Since: Aug 08

In the desert somewhere

#17 Jun 22, 2009
Expanding federal government concerns me the most.

“Almost as Sweet as Gunpowder”

Since: Oct 08

United States

#18 Jun 22, 2009
Hurley35 wrote:
<quoted text>I had heard of them before but I could really have cared less. I still don't care.
Ha. Beyond what I wrote above, I really don't, either!!

“Employed taxpayer”

Since: Nov 08

West Olive

#19 Jun 22, 2009
Inflation

The loss of individual rights

And Inflation

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#20 Jun 22, 2009
Good Day,

I voted for Iran. I now wear a 2" wide green wrist band I made out of felt and velcro in support of those fighting for freedom. North Korea, most of their rockets fail any way. If the leadership wants to be xenophobic, fine. Close the door and make sure it stays shut to keep arms and any nuclear technology from getting out. The defecit, while extremely concerning, what can we do about it except vote for fiscal conservatives. Nationalized healthcare is starting to look, thankfully, like a dead horse and won't happen at least this year.

Steelie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rosa parks bad idea 11 hr Mandingo 1
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Sat a commenter 1,189
Warning: *****Mutt & Jeff Painting is a scam Fri Mark 1
Local News Women (Apr '09) Fri WMNewsFan 3,023
White women are the biggest hypocrites. Sep 14 Real Deal 4
White males are weak. Sep 14 Real Deal 4
Adult theater Cina-Mini two (Mar '13) Sep 13 Marlene K 17

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages