WZZM13 - Assitant Principal Faces CSC...

WZZM13 - Assitant Principal Faces CSC Charges Against Student

There are 657 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from May 26, 2007, titled WZZM13 - Assitant Principal Faces CSC Charges Against Student. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

A Reed City assistant principal faces accusations of sexually assaulting a student and now police are trying to find him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

Tracy

Adro, Italy

#21 May 28, 2007
I have heard that this isn't the first time he has done this! I am so glad he finally got caught.
what ever

Shelbyville, MI

#22 May 28, 2007
hang em high
out of state

Cape Coral, FL

#23 May 28, 2007
I feel sorry for the vindictive person who wants to drag Mrs. Guz down over a rumor, she's sufferring enough leave her alone. To all of you who knew, I'm speaking to the code of silence from the kids. Kuddos to the girl who broke her friends trust to tell the truth. How many of you out there didn't do that? As adults, we can "hear" all day long but all we can do is report we "heard" something. The school board was told by a member NOT to hire him for the position and they did it anyway. THEY ALSO "KNEW" and could have decided to pass him up and let him look elsewhere. That is what LEFT him at RCHS and not another district. My heart goes out to BOTH families. What a difficult time for them.
Denise - Reed City

Big Rapids, MI

#24 May 28, 2007
What do you do when you hear rumors - but have no first hand knowledge? You pray for the people involved and pray the truth will come out, and let the rumors stop right there.
When the rumors surfaced about Mrs. Guz, she left her job. I believed that the "powers that be" would have pressed charges if there was more to the story. Those of you who believe more should have been done by the people who heard rumors should remember not all rumors are true.- Rumors are gossip by people who don't have first hand knowledge.
Cindy

United States

#25 May 28, 2007
RC Graduate wrote:
I went to school with his son and I can't believe that this could happen in such a tight knit community. It's really sad that Reed City High School will be known for this horriable thing, instead of the awsome community and school it really is. Reed City will never be the same. I will keep Mrs. Guz and her family in my prays. She is a wonderful person, who dosen't deserve this. No one does.
Ha Reed City SUCKS! The school system and the Rocket Football program and the JUDGE!
Updater

Smithfield, UT

#26 May 28, 2007
To those who didn't know, Mr. and Mrs. Guz have already been divorced.
coyote caller

Montague, MI

#27 May 28, 2007
Cindy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha Reed City SUCKS! The school system and the Rocket Football program and the JUDGE!
What does the youth football program have to do with this?You are a complete idiot!!!!!!!!!!
tary

Traverse City, MI

#28 May 28, 2007
Michigan Magpie wrote:
I always suspected he was doing this! He has ALWAYS acted inappropriately with young girls at school. I'm sure this isn't the first time, just the first time he's been caught.
His family is in my thoughts and prayers. They are good people. I hope they will be supported by the community and treated well. They didn't ask for this.
Why did you not report this to the authorities at that time?
Reed City Resident

Monroe, LA

#29 May 28, 2007
It is interesting that the town knew that he was inappropriate, and the town highly suspects and believes she is inappropriate, but no one was aware that they were divorced? Are you sure of your facts?
Updater wrote:
To those who didn't know, Mr. and Mrs. Guz have already been divorced.
Reed City Resident

Monroe, LA

#30 May 28, 2007
When did Mrs.Guz leave her job? Or what job? She is still listed as an employee on the RCPS web page and she was at work in the middle school last week.
Denise - Reed City wrote:
What do you do when you hear rumors - but have no first hand knowledge? You pray for the people involved and pray the truth will come out, and let the rumors stop right there.
When the rumors surfaced about Mrs. Guz, she left her job. I believed that the "powers that be" would have pressed charges if there was more to the story. Those of you who believe more should have been done by the people who heard rumors should remember not all rumors are true.- Rumors are gossip by people who don't have first hand knowledge.
RC alumn

Layton, UT

#31 May 28, 2007
I have always been proud to be a RC grad. It saddens me beyond belief to hear about this. Things haven't been too great for a while in the high school. There are many wonderful caring teachers there, yet there are also many problems. So many people wonder why no one said or did anything about this situation. I've heard for a long time about Mr. G. and a few other male teachers who show favoritism to young girls with short skirts... etc... People have made comments and complaints, yet it's hard to get anywhere with it when part of the problem was the administration to begin with. I know of other problems too such as intimidating students and antagonizing them deliberately to get them so angry they'd yell or hit a desk and then would be kicked out of school.... only weeks before they would've graduated. I'd say that maybe the principal might want to wake up and open his eyes to what is going on in his school and right under his nose. Also, if there is anyone else who is teaching in any school... you might want to make sure you are conducting yourself appropriately. Everyone will be watching you and your actions much more closely now that this has come to light. You are there for our children and we trust you to be a proper and professional example to them. My prayers are with the RC community.
Denise - Reed City

Big Rapids, MI

#32 May 28, 2007
As usual - rumors/gossip. I am not in a position to know any facts. This is what I think is so sad. I don't know Mr. and Mrs. Guz,. I don't know their marital status...I don't know anything about their job status...I know nothing more than was reported on TV and the newspaper - and even that doesn't make it true. That's why we have a justice system. I pray the truth will be made known to those in a position of authority and whatever will benefit any possible victims will take place. If I have had a part in spreading any rumors/gossip I sincerely apologize.
RC alumn

Layton, UT

#33 May 28, 2007
Cindy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, seems like you have other issues that you are commenting on besides the one at hand. I have many wonderful memories of Reed City. It was a great place to grow up when I was a kid.
RC parent still concerned

Big Rapids, MI

#34 May 28, 2007
Perhaps you should verify the school board's position on Mr. Guzikowski's promotion to vice principal. Concerns were expressed at that time, for those of you who chose to ignore it, and those who chose to look away, now take notice!!!! Those of us that gave our all to bring this to public awareness and community awareness, to no avail, as we took the ridicule and personal persacution from the community and powers that be. For those of us that withstood the mudslinging....THE WARNING SIGNS WERE THERE....we sleep well at night for having tried.......HOW DO YOU SLEEP?
Jenna

Crystal, MI

#35 May 28, 2007
There are too many people now days that are in these positions of authority that are taking advantage of their position and the innocence and naiveness of those who respect, trust, and look up to them.(police included) And I have also seen judges and police side with these dirtballs because of who they are or their position. It tends to emotionally scar the victims for life. And it angers me to see this happening. It really makes one think twice about home schooling!

I hope they throw the book at this guy! He had this position, and he knew better!
Michigan Magpie

United States

#36 May 28, 2007
moo wrote:
let him have his day in court,
for all you Reed City Grads, Employees and Community members that thought this was happening you should have come foward and not allowed it to go on. You have to live with that
Perhaps grads, employees, and community members did go to someone of authority and reported him...we don't know that they didn't. The incidents that I witnessed weren't out and out child molesting, they just gave me that "uneasy feeling." There's nothing illegal about being flirty with adolescent girls. It's certainly sick, but not illegal Perhaps because he was the assistant principal, he thought he be would be untouchable and able to coerce a young girl into keeping her mouth shut? I truly believe that this isn't the first time he did it, just the first time he got caught.
Cindy

United States

#37 May 28, 2007
coyote caller wrote:
<quoted text> What does the youth football program have to do with this?You are a complete idiot!!!!!!!!!!
Troy used to work with Rocket Football ya lame, name calling ill-informed person.
Cindy

United States

#38 May 28, 2007
RC alumn wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, seems like you have other issues that you are commenting on besides the one at hand. I have many wonderful memories of Reed City. It was a great place to grow up when I was a kid.
Well, I lived there too, and regret every moment wasted in Reed City. I only met a few people that were intelligent, well-informed and actually cared about the children. I know several teachers and Rocket Football coaches I would not want around my children EVER! And a few business owners and parents too.
Reed City Resident

Monroe, LA

#39 May 28, 2007
Well Cindy, it seems best for all that you have relocated...
Cindy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I lived there too, and regret every moment wasted in Reed City. I only met a few people that were intelligent, well-informed and actually cared about the children. I know several teachers and Rocket Football coaches I would not want around my children EVER! And a few business owners and parents too.
Reed City Graduate

United States

#40 May 28, 2007
RC Community Member wrote:
This situation saddens me, but to be honest I am not suprised. It has been rumored for years that Mr. and Mrs. Guz have been involved in innappropriate relationships. My heart goes out to his kids-- they are wonderful. I somehow hope they recover from this. As for the girl--- you are sick and need help-- As for her parents-- where was the supervision? Are you to blame? Please don't let this situation ruin our wonderful school district- Not all teachers/staff are creepy like him. Coyote Pride!
Its not the girl fault.. If anything she was the victim..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 20 hr T-Man 2,992
Adult theater Cina-Mini two (Mar '13) Aug 10 Isnt That Special 15
Does anyone remember The Red Lion restaurant in... (Jun '16) Aug 3 Steveo 3
News Construction has few blacks, report says (Aug '07) Aug 3 Fun Facts 635
topless maid in gr (Jul '08) Jul 30 Billy Barry 30
News Michigan lawmaker proposes bill banning Sharia Law Jul 27 Ampman 14
News 18-year-old shot by Grand Rapids police during ... Jul 27 White Priv 9

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance