WZZM13 - Assitant Principal Faces CSC Charges Against Student

A Reed City assistant principal faces accusations of sexually assaulting a student and now police are trying to find him. Full Story
First Prev
of 33
Next Last
Sympathy For Families

Lyons, MI

#1 May 26, 2007
This is such a sad time for everyone. I feel so badly for the families affected by this. My prayers go out to them.
Joel

Lyons, MI

#2 May 26, 2007
Just looking at his picture makes me sick. He's a child molester just looking at him. he'll be caught soon and I hope he serves a long sentence.
Michigan Magpie

Roscommon, MI

#3 May 27, 2007
I always suspected he was doing this! He has ALWAYS acted inappropriately with young girls at school. I'm sure this isn't the first time, just the first time he's been caught.

His family is in my thoughts and prayers. They are good people. I hope they will be supported by the community and treated well. They didn't ask for this.
Rick

Hudsonville, MI

#4 May 27, 2007
I am shocked as an educator to see such abuse of power. I hope action is taken.
When I saw a principal at my school just watch as one of his students was beat to the ground and he did nothing, I was also schocked. I reported the incident and no one took any action.
Abuse of power needs to be dealt with strictly.
someone

Barryton, MI

#5 May 27, 2007
I was really shocked at this news. He was my driver's training instructor. Although I do not know his family, my prayers go out to them.
Kerri

Grand Island, FL

#6 May 27, 2007
I know when I was in grade school my principal was a pervert and then again in middle school there were a few teachers that I reported, back then nothing happened to them. Now everyone seems to be shocked about the perverts in the schools. Hello this has been an issue for a long time.
Reed City Resident

Jenison, MI

#7 May 27, 2007
I am saddened for his children and the girl(s) he has molested, but it will be interesting to see what else is discovered.
April Dewey

United States

#8 May 27, 2007
I graduated from Reed City High School and this man was a teacher when I went to school there. I guess this means that you really can't trust a person who you should be able to trust.

It makes me ashamed to be associated with a school that a person would do something like this.
Reed City Resident

AOL

#9 May 27, 2007
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. They did not ask for this and hope that the people will support them through this.
I graduated from Reed City High School, 3 years ago and I always suspected things like this were going on. It is about time he has gotten caught and justice better be served!
Reed City Resident

Jenison, MI

#10 May 27, 2007
I feel sorry for the CHILDREN of the family, I think the Mrs. should be looked into as well. We all remember the star player on the team.... Mr. Guz might have been aware, but it wasn't HIM making public displays w/ the players.
former student

Big Rapids, MI

#11 May 27, 2007
Why had he not been investigated earlier he has been suspected by the community and coworkers for years.
concerned parent

Philadelphia, PA

#12 May 27, 2007
I don't think there are too many shocked people around here. It has been said for years that if you played football you wouldn't get in trouble or if you were a girl if you wore tight low cut shirts and short skirts you would be okay. It is sad that no one came forward before. How many other girls has he done this with? Hopefully he will pay for this, this time.
J-King

AOL

#13 May 27, 2007
He has also been seen taking drugs in his own home. I don't know why that hasn't been found out. A relative of mine was in the home and saw this. He is still having problems because of his loss of trust in someone who is suppose to be respected.This is a very painful situation for all those who knew and worked with him. I feel sorry for his family and for the entire world because there are more of this kind of perverts around in trusted positions. What was he thinking?
RC Community Member

United States

#14 May 27, 2007
This situation saddens me, but to be honest I am not suprised. It has been rumored for years that Mr. and Mrs. Guz have been involved in innappropriate relationships. My heart goes out to his kids-- they are wonderful. I somehow hope they recover from this. As for the girl--- you are sick and need help-- As for her parents-- where was the supervision? Are you to blame? Please don't let this situation ruin our wonderful school district- Not all teachers/staff are creepy like him. Coyote Pride!
RC Graduate

United States

#15 May 27, 2007
I went to school with his son and I can't believe that this could happen in such a tight knit community. It's really sad that Reed City High School will be known for this horriable thing, instead of the awsome community and school it really is. Reed City will never be the same. I will keep Mrs. Guz and her family in my prays. She is a wonderful person, who dosen't deserve this. No one does.
Reed City Resident

Jenison, MI

#16 May 27, 2007
I don't believe you can blame a child for falling prey to an adult pervert. If it were my daughter, I would not blame her, I would blame him. Isn't he the one w/ all the power? Isn't he the adult? Should she be expected to know better when her assistant principal is telling her it is ok? Don't blame the child, blame the one in charge, the adult.
RC Community Member wrote:
This situation saddens me, but to be honest I am not suprised. It has been rumored for years that Mr. and Mrs. Guz have been involved in innappropriate relationships. My heart goes out to his kids-- they are wonderful. I somehow hope they recover from this. As for the girl--- you are sick and need help-- As for her parents-- where was the supervision? Are you to blame? Please don't let this situation ruin our wonderful school district- Not all teachers/staff are creepy like him. Coyote Pride!
scott in kent city

United States

#17 May 27, 2007
Prison Justice is a beautiful thing in case's like this.
moo

Muskegon, MI

#18 May 27, 2007
let him have his day in court,
for all you Reed City Grads, Employees and Community members that thought this was happening you should have come foward and not allowed it to go on. You have to live with that
Just my 2 cents

United States

#19 May 27, 2007
If indeed it is true that Mrs. Guz has had inapproriate relationships with students in the past as well, then the people who know this for a fact or at least know with whom she was allegedly involved; they need to step forward also. Otherwise, history may repeat itself. Can you live with that?!
RC Graduate

United States

#20 May 27, 2007
This is for everyone who seems to be pointing the finger at Mrs. Guz. She's not the one that got caught w/ a student. We should all be standing behind her as she deals with the fact that her husband not only cheated on her but cheated on her with a minor. You all need to take the time to think about what you would feel like if it was your husband or wife that did that to you. Regardless of what you think she may have done, she dosen't deserve to be going through this. Givee her some credit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 33
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus Steals Christmas Back From Satan 3 hr Really 14
Grand Rapids; a good place to live? (Mar '12) 10 hr elenaounis 186
Mana s arrest is linked to deadly barbershop sh... 12 hr Gville Jim 2
Al Sharpton's Marchers in New York City Chant "... 12 hr Gville Jim 16
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 20 hr Go Blue Forever 1,494
pope-a-dope Sat Really 3
welcome to the new black america Sat Really 6
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News