Holland's Hispanic population growing

New census numbers show how the Hispanic population is growing, both in West Michigan and across the country. Full Story
bonds77

Holland, MI

#341 Aug 9, 2012
Can you explain how "liberals" have treated the illegals differently, or how they've "rammed" it down your throat?

Can you tell us what the "non-liberal" Bush administration did differently, besides demanding a path to Amnesty, just like Reagan?

Please. We're waiting.
LOL

Holland, MI

#342 Aug 9, 2012
bonds77 wrote:
Can you explain how "liberals" have treated the illegals differently, or how they've "rammed" it down your throat?
Can you tell us what the "non-liberal" Bush administration did differently, besides demanding a path to Amnesty, just like Reagan?
Please. We're waiting.
You really are politically ignorant..or brainwashed.

Did Bush or Reagan ever tell law enforcement to stop arresting illegals ?
Did they ever close dozens of check points ?

How about charging border patrol agents with a crim when they arrest illegals ?

How about disarming border agents and instead give them bean bag launchers ?

There is no comparison to what Obama did-

And why is it, you libs are incapable uf distinguishing between lawful immigration and illegal immigration ?

That's a rhetorical question

In your case, its because your a malcontent, just like 2/3s of the libs. Al is a good example

In Obama case, it because he intends to give illegals the right to vote...you know...I know it...the illegals know it...every one knows it-
Its not about whats best for america, its about whats best for obama and his corporate backers
Reality

Holland, MI

#343 Aug 9, 2012
I lived here soooo much longer than you Bonds-

In all those years I've never seen any problem with Mexicans.
Went to school with Mexicans, partied with Mexicans, dated Mexicans...and so did everyone else.
Went to church with Mexicans, attended many Mexican weddings-
My Son's girlfriend is Mexican ( she thinks libs are nuts too BTW )

At harvest time my area is loaded with Mexicans. they bring the kids to play on our stuff-
In all these years I've never seen any bad shit, they are hard working people and get as much respect as the next guy..libs create victims so they have something to whine about

The only real racial issues are the issues being created by "activists' with an agenda..you know...malcontents

the gangs are a problem but that's not the issue here
bonds77

Holland, MI

#344 Aug 9, 2012
WTH are you talking about?

I NEVER said anything about illegal vs. legal.

I didn't say Mexicans are victims.

I AM saying Obama has deported more Mexicans than Bush did.

I AM saying Reagan gave them amnesty, and Bush wanted to.

I AM a legal immigrant- you know, did it the right way and expect everyone else to, also.

Don't put words or ideology on me when you have no idea. My point is- the blame is going on "liberals", when this administration is no different than the last several, on this issue.

Since: Sep 08

Muskegon

#345 Aug 10, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
And why is it, you libs are incapable uf distinguishing between lawful immigration and illegal immigration ?
In your case, its because your a malcontent, just like 2/3s of the libs. Al is a good example
In Obama case, it because he intends to give illegals the right to vote...you know...I know it...the illegals know it...every one knows it-
Its not about whats best for america, its about whats best for obama and his corporate backers
Only paranoids like you "know" that he intends to give illegals the right to vote. And he doesn't have that power.
Who

Wyoming, MI

#346 Aug 10, 2012
bonds77 wrote:
WTH are you talking about?
I NEVER said anything about illegal vs. legal.
I didn't say Mexicans are victims.
I AM saying Obama has deported more Mexicans than Bush did.
I AM saying Reagan gave them amnesty, and Bush wanted to.
I AM a legal immigrant- you know, did it the right way and expect everyone else to, also.
Don't put words or ideology on me when you have no idea. My point is- the blame is going on "liberals", when this administration is no different than the last several, on this issue.
Apparently you were asleep when Obastard took it upon himself and once again bypass congress to sign his bill to let millions of these leeches stay.

Maybe you should cut down on the pot, you're having blackouts.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Canton, OH

#347 Aug 10, 2012
110 Million People are on welfare in this Country. Not all are US Citizens........

Since: Sep 08

Muskegon

#348 Aug 10, 2012
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you were asleep when Obastard took it upon himself and once again bypass congress to sign his bill to let millions of these leeches stay.
Maybe you should cut down on the pot, you're having blackouts.
Bills are passed by congress and then signed by the president. A bill has to originate with congress. I'm wondering how much you paid attention in school, in English and in Civics.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Canton, OH

#349 Aug 10, 2012
radell wrote:
<quoted text>Bills are passed by congress and then signed by the president. A bill has to originate with congress. I'm wondering how much you paid attention in school, in English and in Civics.
Executive Order and Regulations....
Who

Wyoming, MI

#350 Aug 10, 2012
radell wrote:
<quoted text>Bills are passed by congress and then signed by the president. A bill has to originate with congress. I'm wondering how much you paid attention in school, in English and in Civics.
Maybe you should explain how it works TO OBASTARD! His dumb ass can't seem to figure it out.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#351 Aug 11, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
..."He intends".....Really?..... Sometimes, what's best...is the truth....
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

#352 Aug 11, 2012
The libs/progressives can't follow what President Obama is doing these days. I am not sure if it is because they don't understand what they are reading/hearing from the media, or if they truly don't believe what President Obama is doing. He has issued Executive Orders like they are candy or prescriptions for Oxycontin from your favorite back room physician. He is doing this to bypass the Congress and Senate because neither house will do what he wants. Harry Reid has refused to act on anything the House sends to him and Boehner and crew have sent over 400 bills to the Senate for action, so the calls of the Republicans being obstructionist are just so much cow dung it's not even funny. President Obama said in 2008 and I quote, "We will fundamentally change America" and he meant what he said, therefore, all the Executive Orders at the same time that he is running the dirtiest campaign for re-election since Harry Truman faced Henry Wallace in 1948.

Radell is correct in how the passage of laws is supposed to take place per the Constitution, but the President, who many trumpeted as a "Constitutional law expert", is only an expert in how to circumvent the Constitution. Imagine that! And we tried to warn the country of these things and were called and continue to be ridiculed and called demeaning names.
bonds77

Holland, MI

#353 Aug 11, 2012
SOURCE: FOX NEWS AFFILIATE

This means that YOU are also on welfare.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/19242517/2...

TAMPA (FOX 13)-
Republicans are pressing for cuts to welfare, and some cite a report produced by Republicans on the U.S. Senate Budget Committee to make their case.

According to that report, more than 100 million people are now on some form of welfare. That's a third of the U.S. population on the public doleónot counting Medicare or Social Security.

Medicaid is the biggest slice of the pie. Fifty-four million people now receive state-run health care for the poor, according to the report. It also notes 45 million are now on food stamps.

Our weak economy and aging population are driving up the numbers.

But Democrats say there are not really 100 million people on welfare. That's because the Republican report lumps some 80 different programs into the mix, counting job training efforts, Pell grants, and tax credits for working class families that many may not think of as welfare.

There is another factor that may be padding the numbers in the Republicans' report: in the fine print, the report states that the figures include anyone residing in a household in which one person received benefits. So, in theory, there could be 10 people in a household where only one person is getting help from a federal program, and all ten would count as welfare recipients in the math used in the report.

So how many people are really on welfare then? It depends entirely on how the numbers are crunched, and what is considered welfare.

We called the Department of Health and Human Services and asked for the total number of Americans on welfare.

The response was 4.3 million people. That's because HHS counts only temporary cash assistance; Republicans on the budget committee count much, much more.

The Senate Republicans did, however, leave Social Security and Medicare benefits out of the mix. That's because those are programs people pay into over the course of their working lives, and the Republicans count it as a form of social insurance, rather than welfare.

In any case, the report makes a case for reducing the numbers by going after fraud, and streamlining overlapping programs.

But in the end, 4.3 million versus 110 million is quite a discrepancy in evaluating how many Americans are on welfare, and how valid the numbers are as evidence for both sides of a fiery national debate.
stillsearching

Ault, CO

#354 Aug 11, 2012
It doesn't matter which political party is in office;the Republicans want them here to provide cheap labor for businesses and the Democrats want them here for votes. It is already too late, you can tell by how much each candidate is courting the Latino vote in this election. You may as well just start calling this country Northern Mexico. As for illegals voting, it has been proven that they do. I am in a state that doesn't require any proof of citizenship to vote, and research has shown that many illegals have voted here. Every other business popping up here is a Latino mini mart or Latino store of some sort. As the radio host Mike Rosen always says, 'demographics is destiny' and our destiny seems to be Mexico. So now this country will be just like the country all of them tried to get away from.
Im right yer a lib

Holland, MI

#355 Aug 25, 2012
Mexicans, arabs, and commies are destroying our little town, go back to were you came from
bonds77

Holland, MI

#356 Aug 25, 2012
Arabs? In Holland?

I bet the locals thought that when all those Dutch showed up....
Im right yer a lib

Holland, MI

#357 Aug 26, 2012
bonds77 wrote:
Arabs? In Holland?
I bet the locals thought that when all those Dutch showed up....
Yeah theres arabs here i seen a hole family of em just today at the market
Vato Loco

Holland, MI

#358 Aug 26, 2012
Where all the white women at?
Who

Wyoming, MI

#359 Aug 26, 2012
Take back your little town while you still are able, before they bring the ghetto and all their baggage with them.

Ever been down 28th street in GR? Why do you suppose it looks the way it does? What do you suppose the real reason why Studio 28, Rogers and all the rest left or closed down?

Look at the Kentwood area. Look at the areas in and around Division Ave.

Need I say more? Don't let liberal "diversity" ruin yet another nice place to visit.
St Stoopie

Jenison, MI

#360 Aug 26, 2012
Im right yer a lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah theres arabs here i seen a hole family of em just today at the market
"a hole family" ??????
Why call them "a holes" ????
They are Obama supporters!
We need their votes!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Message To Dummies 1 hr Severed 1
Secret Service Director Julia Pierson resigns 2 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 3
Grand Rapids man suspected in West Michigan ban... 2 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 15 hr Go Blue Forever 1,400
What do you think of U-M's new football coach? (Jan '11) 21 hr Hugh Jass 27
What Doctors Think About Obamacare 23 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
Obama Admin. Caught Spying On Koch Bros.? 23 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match

Grand Rapids Jobs

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]