Holland's Hispanic population growing

New census numbers show how the Hispanic population is growing, both in West Michigan and across the country. Full Story
First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Angel Eyes

Grand Haven, MI

#1 May 4, 2008
All we see around here are Mexicans and other non-whites.... can't go anywhere without bunches of them walking around with 5 kids and pregnant..... so tired of them taking our jobs and taking over!!! Seen some 15 yr. old Mexican yesterday in the store very pregnant -- is that all they do???
Cletus Snow

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 May 4, 2008
Holland's crime rate and welfare rate are growing as well. Look at the gang activity there now. That was unheard of 10 years ago. What used to be a nice town has turned into a cesspool. The tulip festival we knew twenty years ago is all but destroyed. Most of these vermin are likey illegals.
KKKomment Klowns

Syracuse, NY

#4 May 5, 2008
Shall we all just get our white sheets out now? If you're worried about "Mexicans" taking your jobs, you need to set your sights a bit higher.
Tired of the hypocrites

Wayland, MI

#5 May 5, 2008
Wow. Either Angel Eyes and Cletus Snow are trolls or their family trees don't fork.
Victor Laszlo

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 May 5, 2008
Great. Now Holland is a sanctuary city for illegals, just like GR and Wyoming.
KKKomment Klowns

Syracuse, NY

#7 May 5, 2008
Laszlo. Is that of slavic or Eastern European descent, or is it Native American?
Victor Lazslo

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 May 5, 2008
KKKomment Klowns wrote:
Laszlo. Is that of slavic or Eastern European descent, or is it Native American?
It's of american descent. The americans who bought and built this country. Whites built this. We need to protect it.
Rick

AOL

#9 May 6, 2008
Angel Eyes wrote:
All we see around here are Mexicans and other non-whites.... can't go anywhere without bunches of them walking around with 5 kids and pregnant..... so tired of them taking our jobs and taking over!!! Seen some 15 yr. old Mexican yesterday in the store very pregnant -- is that all they do???
Yes, not only that, many of the underage Latino girls are being raped by men over 21 and they arent doing much about it but letting them collect welfare for the baby. Yes, I am tired of seeing them come here with out a nickel in their pocket and 5 years later, 2-3 kids and collecting welfare, health care and rent being paid for. Plus not charged with crimes like drunk driving.
Rick

AOL

#10 May 6, 2008
Victor Laszlo wrote:
Great. Now Holland is a sanctuary city for illegals, just like GR and Wyoming.
Yes, and if you say anything about them, you'll get in trouble. One person I talked with got in a car accident where the guy was an illegal, the man got in trouble for telling the cop he was mad because the guy that hit him was an illegal.
Rick

AOL

#11 May 6, 2008
Holland is one of the few towns in the country that is named after a nationality that is no longer there.

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#12 May 6, 2008
Rick wrote:
Holland is one of the few towns in the country that is named after a nationality that is no longer there.
Your ignorance is showing. Actually, Holland (in Europe) is a province in the Netherlands, which is still very much in existence.
Outdoor Lover

Spring Lake, MI

#13 May 6, 2008
Eventually Tulip Time will be completely phased out to make room for a bigger Festival and Cinco de Mayo celebration.

Holland was founded by Dutch but the Dutch are the minority now. I fully expect a petition to change the name of the city within 50 years.
Not the European Holland

Syracuse, NY

#14 May 6, 2008
Hey, that's a great idea... I think a new name is in order. How about Whitesupremacytown, MI? Or maybe Jesusfreakville or something. If nothing else, the new name should be a little more accurate than... "Holland"

The name, "Holland" is actually a bit of a joke anyway, since Holland, Michigan has very little in common with her progressive, sophisticated sister in Europe.
Edward

AOL

#15 May 6, 2008
Outdoor Lover wrote:
Eventually Tulip Time will be completely phased out to make room for a bigger Festival and Cinco de Mayo celebration.
I fully expect a petition to change the name of the city within 50 years.
Maybe change the name to Hispanic?
Pround Latin

Madison, WI

#16 Jun 3, 2008
Latino's and other minorities as you white people call it... will keep growing.. and the fact is.. soon all you white people will be the minorities and we will have a chance to treat you like crap the way you have treated others. History repeats itself except this time we will take over the country like your criminal ancestors did. So in reality crime started with whites you bunch of criminals!!!
Marion

Big Rapids, MI

#17 Jun 3, 2008
Wow!
once upon a time.........and they all lived happily ever after.
It might be a fairy tale or a pipe dream or shot in the dark - but if everyone where to understand that people are people and we all deserve to live in peace -the world could be a beautiful place. We don't have to celebrate tulips or poinsettias to enjoy our differences. Get over it.

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#18 Jun 3, 2008
Pround Latin wrote:
Latino's and other minorities as you white people call it... will keep growing.. and the fact is.. soon all you white people will be the minorities and we will have a chance to treat you like crap the way you have treated others. History repeats itself except this time we will take over the country like your criminal ancestors did. So in reality crime started with whites you bunch of criminals!!!
Not my ancestors! They were nowhere near here.
RJHALL

United States

#19 Jun 4, 2008
Pround Latin wrote:
Latinos will never be the majority in this country, they will keep growing in numbers for sure, but they will not be the majority.
RJHALL

United States

#20 Jun 4, 2008
I have mixed feelings about this. If they are not illegals and learn to speak english and get jobs and work hard, I have 0 problems with them, they are just like everyone else, trying to make a living to support their family. The people I have problems with are the ones who are lazy and don't work, collect welfare and keep popping out kids, this applies to everyone, no matter what race, white, black, hispanic, if you are doing that I have no respect for you.
TCB

United States

#21 Jun 4, 2008
Pround Latin wrote:
Geez what a racist!! If it is so bad here for you go back to your home country.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Doctors Think About Obamacare 1 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
Obama Admin. Caught Spying On Koch Bros.? 1 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
Obama attends only 41.2% of his intelligence br... 7 hr Rob 5
is it time to worry about the new england patri... 8 hr bobolinq 1
Holder is stepping down 10 hr Oneal 9
Bengazi is back 16 hr kookierecluse 155
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 17 hr Yolanda 105

Grand Rapids Jobs

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE