Teen killed in cruiser crash remembered

Nearly 100 young people gathered at the Gun Lake Community Church to pray for Evan Dame's family. Full Story
hmmmmmmmm

United States

#2 Dec 8, 2008
I am touched most in this story that instead of blame being cast, the focus is on standing with the family during this loss and finding hope in Christ. May they find that hope through every hug shared, every tear shed and every sweet memory of Evan. Blessings to all who loved that young man as you grieve and heal.
HB a student at Wayland

Wayland, MI

#3 Dec 8, 2008
Today we sit down to remember evan...
Not to mourn over this huge loss but to comemerate his life...Even students who did not have every day contact are still down here to support all of the other students...Evan was a great student and an even better friend...Yes, he will be missed but his life and memory of him will always live with us.
We will never forget you
With love.....All of the wayland union students
Wayland Union Students

Wayland, MI

#4 Dec 8, 2008
We all are dearly going to miss Evan Lee Dame.
Walking down the halls to class will never be the same without evan dame. The bright smile that spread like an illness in a kindergarden class. He was amazing. Almost the whole student body is showing support by Wearing a white shirt with "Remember The Name" on the front and "Evan Dame" on the back. Adding words like "loved, caring" and more to show what main things Evan was. Some people added his Basketball number, 32. Its hard to see pictures and signs hung on lockers and hallway walls and not tear up. All the students and staff miss him greatly and are gathered in the Library at the High school to comfort and show support for each other.
Evan Lee Dame;
July 7th 1994-December 7th 2008;
Rest In Perfection.
Loved and missed to every aspect of life.
Kim

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Dec 8, 2008
Wow these posts are so touching. While I do not know this family or Evan, my heart is heavy at this time. It is great to read so much about him. He will be missed. God Bless.
Freshman

United States

#6 Dec 8, 2008
Evan, you are in a better place! I have heard that about a thousand times. but the reason why im so broken the reason why i cry, is because how long must i wait to see you again.. school is just not the same with out. when i close my eyes i see your face, i hear your voice when it is quite and in 1st hour i keept on looking back to see if you would apper but no you didn't.. i have been crying form saturday until know and man it is just so hard going though the hallways seeig your face on all the lockers... i will miss you

Since: Mar 08

Ypsilanti, MI

#7 Dec 8, 2008
To Evans brother: Things happen for a reason, you just went through something that the older person goes through and it makes them want to give up. Don't give up hon, there is a reason for this and I bet your brother is looking down and smiling at you. Please know that friends and family do not blame anyone, including you. There is a reason, it will take you a long time to understand. Hang in there brother and do not blame yourself. Peace.
ily

Greenville, MI

#8 Dec 8, 2008
Evan Lee,
I just really can't put the peices together. I just don't understand why it had to be you. Why it had to happen now. Why any of this is going on. I have known you for so long, and seen your gorgeous face pretty much everyday for the past 8 years. Now I know I won't see it anymore, I won't hear you telling me goodmorning. I won't hear you telling me you love me. You were the most amazing person I have ever met. You have changed so many people, do you see this? We are lost without you. I mean the hallways are dead without your voice. My classes are dead without you. I am watching the 'Wheel of Fortune' and the theme is animal lovers. God Evan, everything reminds me of you. I don't want you to be gone. I can't do this without you. I have no idea where I would be without you. I miss your smile, and your dorky laugh, and your funny noises. Evan I love you, I always have... and I always will... FOREVER.
have fun up there, you better be ballin' it up with MJ for me :] I will miss your gorgeous smile, everyday. Thank you so much for teaching me everything you did. I will never, ever forget you Evan Lee Dame.
Wayland Union Freshman

Middleville, MI

#9 Dec 8, 2008
Evan..
even though i didnt know you as much as i wanted to I still love you. You are a great person and nobody can tell you different. You are one of the few people at our school that actually is friends with everybody. I hope you stay in everybody's hearts.
lost in translation

Royal Oak, MI

#10 Dec 8, 2008
Wayland Union Students wrote:
We all are dearly going to miss Evan Lee Dame.
Walking down the halls to class will never be the same without evan dame. The bright smile that spread like an illness in a kindergarden class. He was amazing. Almost the whole student body is showing support by Wearing a white shirt with "Remember The Name" on the front and "Evan Dame" on the back. Adding words like "loved, caring" and more to show what main things Evan was. Some people added his Basketball number, 32. Its hard to see pictures and signs hung on lockers and hallway walls and not tear up. All the students and staff miss him greatly and are gathered in the Library at the High school to comfort and show support for each other.
Evan Lee Dame;
July 7th 1994-December 7th 2008;
Rest In Perfection.
Loved and missed to every aspect of life.
Very well said...

Since: Jul 08

North of GR

#11 Dec 9, 2008
WOW GUYS!!! I can't get over the love in here!!! Everyone in here has said nothing but wonderful things and no blame flying around. I wish the rest of the world could learn from you and your love. It would be a much happier place. Bad things happen and we always have the remember the good times!!! May all of you heal and remember always!!!!

God Bless!
A stranger who cares

Middleville, MI

#12 Dec 10, 2008
Thing can't always be explained in life. Your brother had fulfilled his mission on earth. The Lord needed him. Blame not yourself. You delivered him to heaven and God will reward you and your family forever. You will miss him, but please, do not torture yourself over this. Ask yourself this question. If the tables were turned, what would your brother ask you to do? You know the answer. Respect his life by living yours to the fullest in his memory. He would want that.
kasey

United States

#13 Apr 1, 2009
evan,
you have no idea how much we all loved you, no matter what happens. we will always love you. you were an amazing person and i know God will take good care of you
brett hibma

Richmond, IN

#14 Jan 8, 2011
Me u and austin used to always laugh and hang at football practice we were good friends but austin he is a great friend he was always there for u. Well I miss u bro football
practice feels weird without u and only austin is there. Well love ya bye bro.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama attends only 41.2% of his intelligence br... 2 hr DR X 3
Bengazi is back 2 hr kookierecluse 155
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 3 hr Yolanda 105
Pen pals wanted! Would you like to be my pen pal? 3 hr Gville Jim 6
Holder is stepping down 9 hr Kathy 8
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 13 hr Go Blue Forever 1,396
One dead, another injured, in Montcalm Co. shoo... (Jun '08) 23 hr shutthefuckup 676

Grand Rapids Jobs

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]