Baby critical; friend says he was shaken

Baby critical; friend says he was shaken

There are 124 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Sep 28, 2008, titled Baby critical; friend says he was shaken. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

An Ottawa County family is asking for prayers as their baby lays in critical condition at DeVos Children's Hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Momma2four

Lafayette, CO

#1 Sep 28, 2008
Aww, How sad, our prayers are with your family.
SICK

Madison, WI

#2 Sep 28, 2008
whomever did this to the this little defenseless child should be beaten within an inch of their life and thrown in jail for the rest of it. Prayers to the child and family.
puleeze

Deerfield, IL

#3 Sep 28, 2008
How many stories must we hear about someone shaking a baby?
Does anyone not know what this is about? Come on , people!!
How sad. I will pray for this little one.
heas12

Denver, CO

#4 Sep 28, 2008
The father, Scott Crowder is responsible .He is being held in jail.What he needs is 15 minutes with me...ALONE !Prison is to good for this PIECE OF SHIT !
patricia

Salt Lake City, UT

#5 Sep 28, 2008
I will be praying for this little one. I have cared for children who have been abused this way. I pray that this person responsible will be punished to the full extent of the law,although that won't be enough punishment. God be with you and your family
TRACY

Madison, WI

#6 Sep 28, 2008
this is such a very sad thing.the baby and the family are in my prayers...
kath

AOL

#7 Sep 28, 2008
My prayers are with Kobi and his family. Theres a long hard road ahead for you all. May god bless you and help you thru this.
Thinking of Baby Kobi

Deerfield, IL

#8 Sep 28, 2008
I do not understand how someone could even begin to think that shaking a baby is an ok thing to do. I am a mother of two and I know how a newborn baby can get to you, but at some point as an adult one needs to step away to collect themselves. Babies are not easy but being an adult you should know how to control yourself better than that! There is nothing wrong with letting a baby cry for a few minutes by themselves while you collect yourself! If you need more time than that then you should be calling someone to come watch the baby while you get out. I don't care what your excuse is SHAKING A BABY IS NEVER EXCUSABLE!
If you cannot control yourself then you should not have children and you should get yourself fixed before you cause a problem like this.
My thoughts and prayers are with this innocent baby boy! I hope that he pulls through and is given the opportunity to have a fun and loving life far away from the MONSTER that abused him to terribly! As for the person that abused this poor baby, I hope that you ROT in prison. All I have to say to you is..... DON'T DROP THE SOAP!
nunya

Gaylord, MI

#9 Sep 28, 2008
my prayers go out for this innocent helpless baby.
Prison is way to good for the animal that did this.
kath

AOL

#10 Sep 28, 2008
Puleeze As of your comment. The public needs to be aware of this. Ive been exactly where this family is now with my grandson. It was 6 yrs ago Thank God I still have my lil guy with me. If more people know how fragile a baby is maybe it will save one baby from being hurt
tranesong2

Canada

#11 Sep 28, 2008
Great idea sick. Use violence to teach non- violence. Most shakers are often young parents who don't have a clue as to what it takes to be a good parent. And yet we condone every irresponsible clown in society to be parents and caregivers. Some people are not cut out to be parents. Not everyone should have children. As a parent, I know that I learned patience as I went along. These new parents just don't know what the reality of parenting is. They just think everyone has kids, so can I. So we end up with a society that is abused, and tortures, shakes and abuses the next generation, on and on.
Sam

Madison, WI

#12 Sep 28, 2008
This is awful. God bless the family and those caring for the baby.
me me me me

Deerfield, IL

#13 Sep 28, 2008
kath wrote:
Puleeze As of your comment. The public needs to be aware of this. Ive been exactly where this family is now with my grandson. It was 6 yrs ago Thank God I still have my lil guy with me. If more people know how fragile a baby is maybe it will save one baby from being hurt
I am so pleased to hear you still have your little cub. It must be heart-wrenching to live through something like this. My thoughts and prayers are with you also.
I am so surprised that people Do NOT know about this. How can one not?
It just baffles me.
bosox

Deerfield, IL

#14 Sep 28, 2008
SICK wrote:
whomever did this to the this little defenseless child should be beaten within an inch of their life and thrown in jail for the rest of it. Prayers to the child and family.
I sooooo agree.But not in MICHIGAN.

Since: Jul 08

Mulberry, FL

#15 Sep 28, 2008
Judgement shall be lived out by the accused. Life!
kath

AOL

#16 Sep 28, 2008
Me Me Me Thank you, It just tears me apart When I hear about another baby and family that have to go thru what we did.
heather

Greenville, MI

#17 Sep 28, 2008
why are they not saying who did it to this incent baby if they are being charged monday my prayers and thoughts go out to the family.
justreadingthene ws

Petoskey, MI

#18 Sep 28, 2008
We need the death sentence in Michigan!
nice job

Ann Arbor, MI

#19 Sep 28, 2008
go to wzzm13 for the real story.
Purple

United States

#20 Sep 28, 2008
Further up someone said it was the baby's father. Shaking a baby does NOT stop them from crying, it just makes things worse. Here they had a healthy, beautiful baby, and now if he lives, will be a semi-vegetable. Sad and pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Days of Yore 19 min Joe Schlitzpack 1
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 39 min Irememberwhen 1,080
Adult theater Cina-Mini two (Mar '13) 40 min Sharon Sharealike 12
Local News Women (Apr '09) 44 min American Dairyman 2,671
Why Trump is running for prez 15 hr Gville Jim 6
News a Very conservativea platform, Pence VP pick me... Mon DR X 29
Politics aside, I'm sick of Beyonce Jul 22 Idea Maker 1

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages