Twp supervisor's pay slashed 80 percent

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

Dale Mohr isn't new to politics. The retired dentist serves as a Georgetown Township trustee, and was recently elected township supervisor.
Comments
21 - 40 of 203 Comments Last updated Sep 18, 2008
laffin

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

WAAAHHHHH! I lost! You stink! We're not gonna pay you anything because you said so! WAAHHHHHH!

Now let's pray in our four gazillion dollar church.
WDA48

Auburn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

People should be careful what they say while in the heat of a campaign.
Why does the elected feel he can change the style of government all on his own?(supervisor to manager)
When he said he would cut his pay, then let it be..
Cry about it

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

Boo hiss he is a retired dentist who is probably living just fine on his retirment.
sucker

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

yeah the board can change all this--but what an A S S mohr will look like. what does mohr know about being a supervisor? wasn't he a dentist before they invented drills??
wingnut

Troy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

Barry wrote:
By the way Dale Mohr is chairman (aka man in charge) of the sewer committee!
He is not the one deciding what pipes go where and where risers should or shouldn't go. That is the person that is the BOZO that needs to go Barry.
Momma2four

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

just remember, you get what you pay for.
GTWP

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

As a township citizen I can only be thankful that I voted those a-holes out. This kind of crap was why people wanted them to leave. Georgetown Township has the largest population in Ottawa County. I voted for Mohr specifically because he promised to try to get a city manager and that he would take a pay cut once a city manager is in office.
The township needs professionals running it. Not the good old boy network that just proved they cared more about themselves than the township.
hooterville3

Saint Charles, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

My vote against Bill Holland stands even stronger,
now. What a disgraceful action these morons played
out in their last power move.

I would say, with the ego Mr Holland has, when
he runs again, he will be squashed, again. His small minion of followers will get even smaller.

Have a Sour gummiworm on me, Mr Holland!!!
Georgetown voter

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

WDA48 wrote:
People should be careful what they say while in the heat of a campaign.
Why does the elected feel he can change the style of government all on his own?(supervisor to manager)
When he said he would cut his pay, then let it be..
He said he would "push" for it (a manager) and cut his own pay to help pay for it. I totally agree with hiring a manager, get somebody with an education in there. What was Bill Holland before he was the supervisor? A donut saleman.
Concerned Citizen

Macomb, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

This is really embarrassing. Not very professional and no where even Christen like. I have lived here for 17 yrs and never realized we had such idiots working for us. Glad I voted them out

Since: Jul 08

Jenison

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

This is a total disgrace to our township! What this township needs is for the community to stand behind Mr. Mohr and march right on the township office and demand Bill Holland return the monies he's earned over the years he's been in office and payback to the township the difference instead of pocketing the money and leave office with a Ha! Ha! If the community supports Mr. Mohr, don't just talk about your support, do something about it.
twp employee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

GTWP wrote:
As a township citizen I can only be thankful that I voted those a-holes out. This kind of crap was why people wanted them to leave. Georgetown Township has the largest population in Ottawa County. I voted for Mohr specifically because he promised to try to get a city manager and that he would take a pay cut once a city manager is in office.
The township needs professionals running it. Not the good old boy network that just proved they cared more about themselves than the township.
perfect !!!!!!!
DJL

Saint Charles, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

Barry wrote:
This story has received a lot of attention. This is only part of the story folks! I am quite ashamed of our new sources. They are the ones we count on to inform us of the WHOLE TRUTH.
Dale Mohr has flaunted that he would take a pay cut--here it is!!! What's the problem? These board members obviously know what kind of games Mohr plays and were probably trying to protect the people from Mohr's real intentions. A very Christian thing to do. When you see a wolf in sheeps clothing what would you do? I would take the badly misguided press and half informed reactions in order to protect the people I served.
You should get your facts straight before you spout off and make a fool of yourself.
Dale said he would push for a twp manager and when a manager was in place he would have the supervisor salary cut to $15,000.
And all you people talk about Dale not being qualified for the job....when Bill ran, the only qualification he had is that he wanted the job.
Very childish underhanded tactics.
bjj

Davison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

Here's a idea; a township is 10 square miles, lets eliminate half of them in Michigan and great rid of half these clowns. Government is the last sacred cow in this economy and we really can't afford this duplication, its time to downsize. When were through with that, lets look at all these superintendents making 200k for 180 days work.. Its time to change.
Barry

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

My facts are very square. I dare you to archive!

Since: Mar 08

Jenison

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

I've lived in Jenison most of my life. Back when Baldwin was still a two track street, not the five lanes it is today. Meijers wasn't even built. D&W and IGA were the only two grocery stores around, and no stores were open on Sunday out of respect for the people who attended church.

The politics that are going on today, are the same as they were 40 years ago. Younger people have been trying to get into office, and make change happen, for over 20 years. But it's the same old, same old, good ol' boys political machine it's always been. Dan Carlton promised changed when he was voted in straight out of Calvin, but he's joined them.

Sam Sterk is the instigator of the group. Rachel Ruiz said it in her report that Sam was the one to propose the pay cut.

A few years ago Sam Sterk pulled the same thing on RJ Poel. He tried to cut RJ's salary down to less than half because he didn't like the fact that RJ was working lots of extra hours, with out extra pay mind you, and was making Sam Sterk and his cronies look bad.

As for Bill Holland. He was a business owner before he was elected, so he can go back to his business.

Jenison as a whole is a wonderful place to live, but this is a huge black mark for all of us. Thank goodness that the voters finally saw through these guys and booted them out of office.
Reality Check

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

I find it funny how ALL of you, and I do mean ALL, claim to "do the Christian thing" in your posts. Typical of CRC's in that area, hiding behind your bibles, in your ridiculously large churches, and in your basments with your bud light.

Hipocrits all.
sucker

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

you people are seriously misled
My2Cents

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

bjj wrote:
Here's a idea; a township is 10 square miles, lets eliminate half of them in Michigan and great rid of half these clowns. Government is the last sacred cow in this economy and we really can't afford this duplication, its time to downsize. When were through with that, lets look at all these superintendents making 200k for 180 days work.. Its time to change.
Awww Cripes! Another idiot digging on educators. Stick to the friggin' topic.
Sharpie

Grand Blanc, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

If you all only knew all the corruption in the township government/supervisor. Bill Holland is a big baby and (along with his son) are "protesting" thier loss. Holland has the "stick it to 'em" mentality, thus lowering the salary of D. Dale Mohr. Mohr has said that he wants CHANGE- along with almost everyone in Georgetown Township. He wants to hire a professional manager to work with the residents of GTWP and make this a wonderful place to live. Holland has done NOTHING (with a 6 figure salary+benefits, mind you) in the past 4 years. Mohr went on the TV tonight to say although he's embarrassed (aren't we all??) at the actions of the Board, he would do the job for nearly nothing- thus demonstrating his desire to correct the things that were not carried out the past 4 years.

PS: Holland owned his own business, but ran it into the ground. So, like you said...he's unemployed come November.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 1 hr Buffalo Bull 1,324
why war with isis? 8 hr kookierecluse 17
Liberty University Law School Dean: Gay Marriag... 8 hr DNF 313
Plafkin Brothers-McDonalds, Home of the Famous ... (Jun '13) 11 hr Kelly Hadd 8
Cousins hope to open Grand Rapids' first hostel... 13 hr Faith 3
Local News Women (Apr '09) Tue Zee 2,297
Ellen Bacca Fan Club Tue Lindon 1
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000