Twp supervisor's pay slashed 80 percent

Twp supervisor's pay slashed 80 percent

There are 203 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Sep 9, 2008, titled Twp supervisor's pay slashed 80 percent. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Dale Mohr isn't new to politics. The retired dentist serves as a Georgetown Township trustee, and was recently elected township supervisor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
SPTN

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Sep 9, 2008
They lost, now sour grapes.
DJL

Deerfield, IL

#3 Sep 9, 2008
Bill Holland and his cronies proved how childish they really are. And to think that this township was being run by this crew. If those four would go back and check the campaign literature that Dale put out, they would find out what he really said.
Talk about "sour grapes". They made this township the joke of west Michigan.
Hopefully this wrong can be made right again.
Get those clowns out of office immediately. Don't wait until November.
Politics at its worst

Muskegon, MI

#4 Sep 9, 2008
This is awful. The job of a township supervisor has many responsibilities and is well worth the full compensation. The board members used their power to give it to Mohr just before they were booted from office. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.
GWT Resident

United States

#6 Sep 9, 2008
Its like, "I lost, Im going to take my ball and go home"
Cat Scratch Fever

Brighton, CO

#8 Sep 9, 2008
The board members who voted for this should be embarassed and to think this is a very Christian township. Not a very Christian thing to do, however, it is a very child like thing to do. I am sure that the new board will make things right.
Tin Star

Aurora, CO

#9 Sep 9, 2008
What Disgusting childish behavior by Mr Holland and the others. It is good they are gone. We need to make sure they are never allowed back in any political office again. Same lack of class as the former mayor of Detroit.

Since: Mar 08

Grand Rapids

#10 Sep 9, 2008
I'd recommend that GR follow suit. Not 80% but some cuts are needed. Leave the Mayor's pay alone though since he doesn't make 6 figures like the city manager who has multiple assistants.
georgetown resident

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Sep 9, 2008
I'm embarrassed as a georgetown resident...as a a former neighbor of Stan Sterk... I expected nothing less... Poor loser Stan Sterk.About time you got booted from the board!
wingnut

Troy, MI

#12 Sep 9, 2008
Now lets see if we can get rid of the BOZO in charge of the sewer projects. Get a manager or give the pay back to Dale.
wondering why

Battle Creek, MI

#13 Sep 9, 2008
mr. holland, are you going to refund the difference in the salary you having been pulling in for the last three year to that which you have childishly voted for the new supervisor? It seems to me the people of georgetown twp are owed a refund based on your vote you cast. Dr. Mohr stated that HE would reduce his salary WHEN a manager was appointed. this tactic by you and your soon to be former croonies, illistrates the bulling tactics you have been up to for the last three year, and futher: the reason your A S S was soundly kicked out of office
DMV

Denver, CO

#14 Sep 9, 2008
I live in Georgetown Township and I cannot believe this. Absolutely appalling. I am glad Holland and his crew are out and this action shows that the voters made the right decision in the election. I am sure the new board will make this right.
Fan1

Littleton, CO

#15 Sep 9, 2008
The board should also evaluate Mr. Bill Holland for the money he made during his time. It is considerably overpaid for the size of the city.

Hopefuly the new board members will correct the action and make a good decision more prefessionaly.
Concerned Citizen

Denver, CO

#16 Sep 9, 2008
It is a shame that politics at this basic level is not exempt from underhanded practices. It would have been nice to see the community weigh in on whether or not they wanted a supervisor or a manager.
Barry

Ypsilanti, MI

#17 Sep 9, 2008
This story has received a lot of attention. This is only part of the story folks! I am quite ashamed of our new sources. They are the ones we count on to inform us of the WHOLE TRUTH.
Dale Mohr has flaunted that he would take a pay cut--here it is!!! What's the problem? These board members obviously know what kind of games Mohr plays and were probably trying to protect the people from Mohr's real intentions. A very Christian thing to do. When you see a wolf in sheeps clothing what would you do? I would take the badly misguided press and half informed reactions in order to protect the people I served.
Barry

Ypsilanti, MI

#18 Sep 9, 2008
By the way Dale Mohr is chairman (aka man in charge) of the sewer committee!
Ogie Oglethorpe

Allendale, MI

#19 Sep 9, 2008
Correct me if I am wrong, but can't the new board vote him a pay increase when they take office, rendering this decision moot?
Georgetown voter

Aurora, CO

#20 Sep 9, 2008
What a bunch of babies! Del South, you're next. I'll campaign for anybody running agianst him next time.
Georgetown voter

Aurora, CO

#22 Sep 9, 2008
Dale Mohr said he would take a pay cut after a manager is in place. This sounds like a junior high school township board! A bunch of immature kids!
Georgetown voter

Aurora, CO

#23 Sep 9, 2008
I remember when Bill Holland ran on the platform that the township meetings were too short. Now, I notice they are even shorter than before and are often canceled all-together!
DMV

Denver, CO

#24 Sep 9, 2008
I did not vote for Mohr, but he clearly stated that once a township manager was hired, he would then have his pay cut to 15,000. It was not ambiguous at all. It does not make sense to cut Mohr's pay until a manager is hired to replace a large portion of Mohr's responsibilities as township supervisor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Apr 20 Karen Vermaire 1,170
Local News Women (Apr '09) Apr 19 Grammarly 2,883
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Apr 8 Disturbing 95
Does anyone know why the Chez Ami Bowling alley... (Sep '14) Apr 7 Kimmie 12
Poll Betty Ford has died. Do you care? (Jul '11) Apr 2 Fred 266
News Construction has few blacks, report says (Aug '07) Apr 2 lol 616
Grand Rapids; a good place to live? (Mar '12) Mar 30 GRhomesweethell 191

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages