Comments
81 - 100 of 115 Comments Last updated Jun 15, 2011

“O__o ?”

Since: May 08

Grandville

#82 Nov 5, 2009
Donna wrote:
Please people!!!! its A personal opinion, i get botox, i have implants, who cares!!! I use latisse, its all great!!! if you want to look good and have the money its up to the person!!
How wrong you are! You were made in the image and likeness of God, and He does not have implants, get botox shots or use Latisse. Any of you who use this fake stuff, if you get side effects, don't come crying to this forum and complain about it. It's your own dumb faults.
Sharon

AOL

#83 Nov 6, 2009
How wrong you are! You were made in the image and likeness of God, and He does not have implants, get botox shots or use Latisse.

Marti, who are you to judge as you are doing on this forum? Our dear Lord has eyelashes.....I only HAD 1/2 of mine (long story....read it in previous posts). Now, thanks to Latisse, I have a full set of lashes, just like God. That is "wrong"?? I don't THINK so.....

“Hooray for summer!”

Since: Nov 08

Somewhere up north

#84 Nov 6, 2009
Donna wrote:
Please people!!!! its A personal opinion, i get botox, i have implants, who cares!!! I use latisse, its all great!!! if you want to look good and have the money its up to the person!!
Goodness. Each to his own...and if it makes you happy but...

Here's to looking good on a budget!

Here's to loving my body, my natural curves, my from-my-Father naturally awesome lashes and even my CANKLES (oh yeah, I have tree trunk legs...lol). I am healthy, and have even recently lost 10 pounds with natural supplements.

I would rather donate the money that I would spend on convincing others that I am beautiful to causes that help people eat.

I am finally (after years battling anorexic issues) at the point where I believe that I am beautiful.

“O__o ?”

Grandville

#85 Nov 7, 2009
Sharon wrote:
How wrong you are! You were made in the image and likeness of God, and He does not have implants, get botox shots or use Latisse.
Marti, who are you to judge as you are doing on this forum? Our dear Lord has eyelashes.....I only HAD 1/2 of mine (long story....read it in previous posts). Now, thanks to Latisse, I have a full set of lashes, just like God. That is "wrong"?? I don't THINK so.....
God does NOT have eyelashes - He is a Spirit, a Being. When you die, your soul is what is left, and souls do not have the things human bodies have. The soul does not have a heart, lungs, eyelashes, breasts, bladder, etc, etc. They don't need them. These are earthly things.

I prefer being natural. I don't have to have surgery every 2 to 3 years to exchange the breast implants. I don't have to spend $90 to $150 for a bottle of whatever to make my eyelashes longer. I don't have to have scars on my face after a facelift. If my honey pinches my breasts, they won't explode like fake breasts might. I prefer the natural, thank you.
Sharon

AOL

#86 Nov 7, 2009
From Marti.....I prefer the natural, thank you.

...and I prefer at least looking normal having some eyelashes.

“O__o ?”

Grandville

#87 Nov 7, 2009
Sharon wrote:
From Marti.....I prefer the natural, thank you.
...and I prefer at least looking normal having some eyelashes.
Fake eyelashes work too and don't harm your body. Also thick mascara can work too.
Sharon

AOL

#88 Nov 7, 2009
Marti, you just don't get it. I'm not using GLUE on my eyelids to apply and reapply "FAKE eyelashes, all I do is gently swipe over a TINY area of my eyelids....where I HAD NO EYELASHES"!! HOW on EARTH do you expect me to apply thick mascara (yuck, by the way) where I had NO EYELASHES? This product was approved for me by my opthomologist of 20 some years from when I went blind in that eye. For me, this product is like a miracle.....with no side effects whatsoever, MARTI.

“O__o ?”

Grandville

#89 Nov 7, 2009
Sharon wrote:
Marti, you just don't get it. I'm not using GLUE on my eyelids to apply and reapply "FAKE eyelashes, all I do is gently swipe over a TINY area of my eyelids....where I HAD NO EYELASHES"!! HOW on EARTH do you expect me to apply thick mascara (yuck, by the way) where I had NO EYELASHES? This product was approved for me by my opthomologist of 20 some years from when I went blind in that eye. For me, this product is like a miracle.....with no side effects whatsoever, MARTI.
Board Closed.
Granny Smith

Rockford, MI

#90 Nov 8, 2009
Sharon wrote:
Sharon,since your opthomologist wrote the prescpt for you, did your insurance cover it. I asked my doctor one day about it just to see what it cost and he checked and said it was like $110 for a one munch supply.
Big Guy

South Boardman, MI

#91 Nov 8, 2009
Michigan Mom wrote:
Anybody try this new drug Lattise and if so does it work?
Apply once a day and in 3-6 weeks can grow long, thicker and darker eyelashes, so they say...
Just wondering.
Yes I tried it, now I can also braid my eye brows
Granny Smith

Rockford, MI

#92 Nov 8, 2009
Big Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I tried it, now I can also braid my eye brows
At least you have some eyebrows to braid. Everything seems to sag and fall out when you get to be my age. Heck, I dont even have to go to have any mamograms[though I do]to see if there are any lumps in my fried eggs of breasts, all I have to do is lay on my back, if there is a lump there I would see it. That is if I have my bifocals on!
Sharon

AOL

#93 Nov 8, 2009
Sharon,since your opthomologist wrote the prescpt for you, did your insurance cover it. I asked my doctor one day about it just to see what it cost and he checked and said it was like $110 for a one munch supply.

Marti,
Yes, being it isn't considered "cosmetic" (IN MY CASE) insurance did cover my purchase for 3 months worth, however I think they are going to discontinue covering it :( I WILL STILL USE IT, but I am using it so sparingly that it lasts me almost TWO months now! WalMart sells it to me for $102 (with Automobile Club discount). Lowest price I could find.

“O__o ?”

Grandville

#94 Nov 8, 2009
Sharon wrote:
Marti,
Yes, being it isn't considered "cosmetic" (IN MY CASE) insurance did cover my purchase for 3 months worth, however I think they are going to discontinue covering it :( I WILL STILL USE IT, but I am using it so sparingly that it lasts me almost TWO months now! WalMart sells it to me for $102 (with Automobile Club discount). Lowest price I could find.
I did NOT ask that question, go back and look who did and address your answer to that person.
Sharon

AOL

#95 Nov 8, 2009
Apparently I addressed my answer to the wrong lady and was reprimanded for it (M from M). No wonder I don't write on these boards ever. Certanily "meet" some people with really bad attitudes!

Any way, my response was to Granny Smith.....below is her question:

Sharon's response:

“O__o ?”

Grandville

#96 Nov 9, 2009
Sharon wrote:
Apparently I addressed my answer to the wrong lady and was reprimanded for it (M from M). No wonder I don't write on these boards ever. Certanily "meet" some people with really bad attitudes!
Any way, my response was to Granny Smith.....below is her question:
Sharon's response:
You don't even know me, you have no idea who I am, what I am, if I'm male or female, young or old, black or white. You don't know if I am ugly or not, grey hair, red hair, blonde hair, no hair. You certainly do not have etiquette on a public forum either, that's for sure.

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#97 Nov 9, 2009
strong woman wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodness. Each to his own...and if it makes you happy but...
Here's to looking good on a budget!
Here's to loving my body, my natural curves, my from-my-Father naturally awesome lashes and even my CANKLES (oh yeah, I have tree trunk legs...lol). I am healthy, and have even recently lost 10 pounds with natural supplements.
I would rather donate the money that I would spend on convincing others that I am beautiful to causes that help people eat.
I am finally (after years battling anorexic issues) at the point where I believe that I am beautiful.
I sure wish more women thought like you do. Natural IS beautiful!
Sharon

AOL

#98 Nov 9, 2009
You don't even know me, you have no idea who I am, what I am, if I'm male or female, young or old, black or white. You don't know if I am ugly or not, grey hair, red hair, blonde hair, no hair.

Nor do I care!!!!!!!!!!

I'm done with you people. I can't believe some of the responses. Unreal attitudes.....especially Marti. Whew!!!

“O__o ?”

Grandville

#99 Nov 9, 2009
Sharon wrote:
You don't even know me, you have no idea who I am, what I am, if I'm male or female, young or old, black or white. You don't know if I am ugly or not, grey hair, red hair, blonde hair, no hair.
Nor do I care!!!!!!!!!!
I'm done with you people. I can't believe some of the responses. Unreal attitudes.....especially Marti. Whew!!!
You are an insane idiot.
Sharon

AOL

#100 Nov 10, 2009
Marti from Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an insane idiot.
As I wrote, I can't BELIEVE the attitude..........
Good Bye, I'm outta here ~ Make it a good life.
Granny Smith

Rockford, MI

#101 Nov 10, 2009
Marti from Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even know me, you have no idea who I am, what I am, if I'm male or female, young or old, black or white. You don't know if I am ugly or not, grey hair, red hair, blonde hair, no hair. You certainly do not have etiquette on a public forum either, that's for sure.
After your response to Sharon after she made an innocent mistake, are you trying to say that you do have etiquette on Public forums? WOW!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) 28 min just the tip 303
President O'Blama' Punts Again 38 min Rob 3
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 4 hr Rob 17
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 5 hr Buffalo Bull 1,331
Meet The Press 6 hr Oneal 7
Van Buren County makes changeover to video cour... 19 hr Anon 1
Movie Theater Demolished Mon Oneal 14
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search