How = DID JESUS SAVE YOU FROM YOUR SINS?

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

The people on Earth at this present time that call themselves Christians believe and teach and preach that Jesus came to Earth from Heaven and died upon the cross for their salvation. To save them from their sins, as an atonement to God for their sins. And that they have become born again and become new creatures.

My question to anyone of you Christians that will dare try to discuss this with me...

How come it did not work for you?
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

You first have to understand what the hell you're talking about. You have the entire basic principle of this subject hopelessly wrong. If you expect anyone to take you seriously first go look up the word "salvation". Then report back.

Grief ...
Prophet of Jesus Christ

Blumenau, Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Oneal wrote:
You first have to understand what the hell you're talking about. You have the entire basic principle of this subject hopelessly wrong. If you expect anyone to take you seriously first go look up the word "salvation". Then report back.
Grief ...
Will you stake your soul on what you said is the truth?

A. yes

B. no

Will you walk your talk?
Xman

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Most Christians today don't walk the walk. Most are full of greed, contempt and envy and care very little about their fellow man. Some do and those are the ones who are truly the angels. Christianity is like a badge to a lot of people, they can take it on and off whenever they feel like it so they can allow themselves to hate or be controlled by greed. In reality Christianity is more like a tattoo, it is part of you forever with no desire to remove it. First and foremost we must follow the Golden Rule and understand that it truly is the meek who will inherit the world, not the rich and the privileged.
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Xman wrote:
Most Christians today don't walk the walk. Most are full of greed, contempt and envy and care very little about their fellow man. Some do and those are the ones who are truly the angels. Christianity is like a badge to a lot of people, they can take it on and off whenever they feel like it so they can allow themselves to hate or be controlled by greed. In reality Christianity is more like a tattoo, it is part of you forever with no desire to remove it. First and foremost we must follow the Golden Rule and understand that it truly is the meek who will inherit the world, not the rich and the privileged.
What are you?

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Oh boy another religious topic..
Xman

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Prophet of Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you?
I have the tattoo.
Dr X

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

The people on Earth at this present time that call themselves Christians believe and teach and preach that Jesus came to Earth from Heaven and died upon the cross for their salvation. To save them from their sins, as an atonement to God for their sins. And that they have become born again and become new creatures.
My question to anyone of you Christians that will dare try to discuss this with me...
How come it did not work for you?
Unless you are able to converse with the deceased, you would find it impossible to receive an answer to your last question.

“Where I came from”

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

I just love born again christians they think they know everything the moment they raise their hands and get on their knees and decide to except jesus as their lord and savior.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Will you stake your soul on what you said is the truth?
A. yes
B. no
Will you walk your talk?
Will you educate yourself on what you're trying to talk about?

Evidently not.

If you're going to create yet another thread on religion it might be a good idea to actually have a point.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Xman wrote:
Expecting Christians, like any human being, to be perfect will get you disappointed each and every time. Christians are no different than you, we put our pants on one leg at a time, we go to work every day and provide for our families, we bleed red when cut, we cry when hurting, and we mourn when we lose loved ones, either friends or family. Do you achieve perfection? If so, then you are truly not on this earth.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

More bigotry from the crazy empty people who have nothing in their lives.....
Xman

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>Expecting Christians, like any human being, to be perfect will get you disappointed each and every time. Christians are no different than you, we put our pants on one leg at a time, we go to work every day and provide for our families, we bleed red when cut, we cry when hurting, and we mourn when we lose loved ones, either friends or family. Do you achieve perfection? If so, then you are truly not on this earth.
I am not talking about being a perfect Christian just following the basic principles of Christianity. One can call themselves a Christian all they want, they can even go to church every Sunday but unless Jesus is in their hearts and they don't succumb to material desires and greed then they are not truly Christians. No you don't have to be perfect to be a Christian but you also cannot simply call yourself a Christian to be one, it takes sacrifice and effort, something too many Christians today are unwilling to do.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Xman wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not talking about being a perfect Christian just following the basic principles of Christianity. One can call themselves a Christian all they want, they can even go to church every Sunday but unless Jesus is in their hearts and they don't succumb to material desires and greed then they are not truly Christians. No you don't have to be perfect to be a Christian but you also cannot simply call yourself a Christian to be one, it takes sacrifice and effort, something too many Christians today are unwilling to do.
I don't think it takes sacrifice to be a Christian. It does take effort as anything worth doing takes effort. The gift of salvation is free, all you have to do is believe. The simplicity of the gift trips up people all the time.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Xman wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "material desires" please.
Be very specific because the "material" can vary and the "desire" associated with it.

“Where I came from”

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

One does not have to be a christian to sacrifice and make effort. And also a person can believe in god and not be a christian. The bible which the christians seem to have adopted as there own is not the whole story of life and how it came to be. Probably not part of the topic JMO . Sin IMO is something created by man not by god I don't believe I was born from sin am a sinner or anything like that. Mistakes many, foolish behavior yep, but nothing that I have to be forgiven for or saved from.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

The anti-Godists are an insatiable little band of irritants and at it on yet another contrived thread aimed at coaxing Christians into defending their beliefs. Yet interestingly, it's always Christians who are supposedly imposing their believes on others according to these poor victims of the Jesus fish.

“Where I came from”

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

OhBoy just happen to be flippin to TBN I find it unbelievable that there is actually a theme park called the Holy Land Experience. Where they have reenactments of bible stories even an actual crucifixion. Really? God should be embarrassed that his people reenact these things JMO.

“Employed taxpayer”

Since: Nov 08

West Olive

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Shoeless Eluder wrote:
OhBoy just happen to be flippin to TBN I find it unbelievable that there is actually a theme park called the Holy Land Experience. Where they have reenactments of bible stories even an actual crucifixion. Really? God should be embarrassed that his people reenact these things JMO.
You've got to scare the $hit out of the rollers to pry a buck out of their hands.

That's why Rob Bell has the hierarchy scared to death

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tea party the AmeicanTaliban 55 min catfish59 3
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 7 hr Another Observer 921
Get Ready To Pay More For Food. 8 hr Bob 30
sochi russian for sucker!! 8 hr Bob 10
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 9 hr Go Blue Forever 895
Sebelius botches farewell speech 20 hr Batch 37 Pain Is Good 30
Is Volunteer Energy legit? (Oct '10) 23 hr Jeanette 52
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE