WZZM13 - Giovanni Casper found guilty...

WZZM13 - Giovanni Casper found guilty on all charges

There are 36 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Jun 1, 2007, titled WZZM13 - Giovanni Casper found guilty on all charges. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

Giovanni Casper has been found guilty on all charges. Casper was accused of murdering Kenneth Dear, a 16-year-old member of a rival gang.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Squiggy

Schaumburg, IL

#21 Jun 1, 2007
enoughsenough wrote:
the prosecution did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt he did it this is very unfair kenneth dear can burn in hell
What are you planning on doing enoughsenough, avenging the guilty little killer?

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#22 Jun 1, 2007
enoughsenough wrote:
the prosecution did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt he did it this is very unfair kenneth dear can burn in hell
Obviously they did or the jury wouldn't have found him guilty.
Bob

Denver, CO

#23 Jun 2, 2007
You People sound real racist, u should be locked up too
Jenna

Crystal, MI

#24 Jun 2, 2007
KVCF wrote:
<quoted text>
What planet are you on!!?? Your idealism is admirable but it's just that. If what you say could actually happen in our lifetime than there would be peace in the middle east as well. I am no expert but I do know from personal experience that these kids "gang" involvement is usually generational and doing something "good" is never viewed among their "peers" as the "right" thing to do...unless they are taken out of the negative environment at a very early age they are doomed at birth.
Just because you are poor, or live in a poor area, doesn't mean that you are automatically doomed. You say that the gangs are a generational thing, and that doing good for your community is never viewed as right, I ask then...where are the parents to teach morals and values, and right from wrong? All it would take would be for one person to step up and show by example. Look at the GR mother than pinned the sign to her sons back, and made him write an essay. Do you think that kid will grow up to be a thug? Probably not. He has an actual parent that cares. Instead of pointing the blame finger at someone else to excuse her son's behavior, she took action to teach him a lesson as a parent should.
If ignorance and violence can be taught from generation to generation, so can morals and values.

And Bob...this has nothing to do with race.
Squiggy

Sturgis, MI

#25 Jun 2, 2007
Hey Bob, race has nothing to do with it, he's an animal that could not function in society and should be put to sleep like a rabid crazed dog!!!!

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#26 Jun 2, 2007
Bob, I don't care if he's pink with purple polka dots. What color his skin is has nothing to do with the fact that he was found guilty of murdering Kenneth Dear. He was a gang banging thug who has no respect for life. And yes, there are white, hispanic and asian gangs too.
UPS

Longmont, CO

#28 Jun 2, 2007
A person can have as many role models as they can but just messing up one time can cause trouble for the rest of their life. People from 2 parent homes kill also, so it isn't just single family homes.
ladied

United States

#29 Jun 2, 2007
the whole system is not fair, your rapist can destoy and take lives every day and get a slap on the rist.and you think african americans should be executed. take a look at all your little nanny 911 terror potentiual murderers,you should think twice about about your carma.we do tutor our children and not all are bad.try walking a mild in our shoes with your silver spoons in your mouths.our forparents have wiped you all behinds did you forget. you all deserve a lot worst, but G OD WILL SEPERATE THE WHEAT FROM THE TARE YOU WILL SEE. WHAT DO DO YOU ALL NO ABOUT RIGTH FROM WRONG
Mel The Great

Wayland, MI

#30 Jun 2, 2007
cbage wrote:
I can't believe you people think this is a good thing. It is very sad. Yes, this boy/child killed another child and now he will spend the rest of his life in prison. Where are his parents and/or adult role models?
...This post shows us what the REAL problem in America is. I think Cbage should go visit him in prison and give him hugs and ask about his FEEEEEELINGSSSSS. Sorry Cbage, evil exists in the world. After someone takes another's life...the whole "where's his parents?" is a mute point. Who cares? There may have been a chance to save this kid at some point in time. But, Times up, you don't go and try to save him now. Nows the time to juice up 'Ol Sparkey and flip that switch.
ONE OF GOD VERY OWN

United States

#31 Jun 3, 2007
GOD HELP YOU, ALL AND THIS WORLD
FED UP

United States

#32 Jun 3, 2007
ladied wrote:
the whole system is not fair, your rapist can destoy and take lives every day and get a slap on the rist.and you think african americans should be executed. take a look at all your little nanny 911 terror potentiual murderers,you should think twice about about your carma.we do tutor our children and not all are bad.try walking a mild in our shoes with your silver spoons in your mouths.our forparents have wiped you all behinds did you forget. you all deserve a lot worst, but G OD WILL SEPERATE THE WHEAT FROM THE TARE YOU WILL SEE. WHAT DO DO YOU ALL NO ABOUT RIGTH FROM WRONG
Good thing YOU tutor your children, because the slap on the WRIST and our KARMA has nothing to do with it. I would walk a MILE in your shoes but I don't need to, I don't believe anyone said anything about african americans being all bad. I would have the same issue if this was a white kid who murdered someone. When talking about how not bad your kids are try and look around you at your peers and see that they are not all good either. We need to work together and get the gang situation under control. Whether it be the black gangs, white gangs, hispanic or any other race. They all make our city an unfit place to live and everyone would benifit from their removal.
Jenna

Crystal, MI

#33 Jun 3, 2007
Ever notice how race was never even brought up in this discussion thread until some idiot wants to accuse everyone of being racist? Then they start pulling the race card?! They are the ones that are what they accuse every one else of being. Geez! Must be that they play that card because they don't have enough brains to come up with something intelligent and original to comment/discuss with. They must be the same parents that let their kids to raise themselves = thugs! With no one to show guidance or direction, much less morals. If you think that is racist...you must have a guilty concience.
ladied

United States

#34 Jun 3, 2007
YOU ALL NEED TO GO BACK AND READ THE COMMENTS.YOU MUST HAVE OVER LOOKED SOMETHING,OR ARE YOU ALL JUST THAT BLIND.FOR MINORITYS THE RULES ARE NOT THE SAME AND YOU ALL KNOW IT.
ladied

United States

#35 Jun 3, 2007
FED UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing YOU tutor your children, because the slap on the WRIST and our KARMA has nothing to do with it. I would walk a MILE in your shoes but I don't need to, I don't believe anyone said anything about african americans being all bad. I would have the same issue if this was a white kid who murdered someone. When talking about how not bad your kids are try and look around you at your peers and see that they are not all good either. We need to work together and get the gang situation under control. Whether it be the black gangs, white gangs, hispanic or any other race. They all make our city an unfit place to live and everyone would benifit from their removal.
I AGREE
Spongy

Denver, CO

#36 Jun 3, 2007
i guess i'm nuetral about it i feel sorry for both families.i agree tha giovanni should have to do time but i think the sentence is very harsh....i don't thin k it should be 1st degree murder, he's 17 and facing the rest of his life behind bars thats sad 2 lives taken over bull! He desrves a long time bue not the rest of his life without parole. it's not funny it's sad but hey all we can do is pray for both families
his wife

Hyattsville, MD

#39 Jul 18, 2014
You dont even know him!!! He was young and a product of his environment. How dare you? Things happen although this was a tragedy on both parts he has learned from his mistakes. One life was already taken now there has been two.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 15 hr Mr m 106
Local News Women (Apr '09) 21 hr a commenter 2,697
Susan Samples wood tv Aug 28 Abe 2
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Aug 25 Roger 1,101
Crooked Hillary's Tax Return Challenge To Donald Aug 25 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 6
Lets Chat (Mar '08) Aug 23 Gville Jim 40,226
News Kent County Detectives: Teen homicide suspect k... Aug 22 HillJack 1

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance