WZZM13 - Giovanni Casper found guilty...

WZZM13 - Giovanni Casper found guilty on all charges

There are 36 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Jun 1, 2007, titled WZZM13 - Giovanni Casper found guilty on all charges. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

Giovanni Casper has been found guilty on all charges. Casper was accused of murdering Kenneth Dear, a 16-year-old member of a rival gang.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Scooter

Gilbert, AZ

#1 Jun 1, 2007
Yeah Yeah Yeah you know how he dues it....must make Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson real proud......
FED UP

United States

#2 Jun 1, 2007
Good, one less thug off the streets of Grand Rapids!
Joe Shmo

Coopersville, MI

#3 Jun 1, 2007
FED UP wrote:
Good, one less thug off the streets of Grand Rapids!
AGREE!!
rlt

Grand Rapids, MI

#4 Jun 1, 2007
too bad we now have to pay for this loser to sit in prison the rest of his life. Immediate public hanging would be best for all of us.
cbage

Salt Lake City, UT

#5 Jun 1, 2007
I can't believe you people think this is a good thing. It is very sad. Yes, this boy/child killed another child and now he will spend the rest of his life in prison. Where are his parents and/or adult role models?
Squiggy

Sturgis, MI

#6 Jun 1, 2007
Too bad we don't have the death penalty in Michigan we will be taking care of this hood for many years to come. At least he probably hasn't had time to produce a ton of offspring yet. Probably only 2 or 3 of them, since he is still young.
OH NO

Brookfield, WI

#7 Jun 1, 2007
LMAO!
Karina

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Jun 1, 2007
What you did was not good I could careless if you two were in different gangs! Did you not think about what would happen in the future obviously you didn't so now you have to pay what you did.
scott in kent city

United States

#9 Jun 1, 2007
i wonder if he still feels like a bad a s s gang member, where are his so called homies are now!
juror6

Washington, MI

#10 Jun 1, 2007
This was not an easy decision to make, and i am sorry that i had to make it but i know that everyone in the jury did their best to fight for the truth and i thank them for that. The evidence was irrefutable.
Jeff in GR

Madison, WI

#11 Jun 1, 2007
cbage wrote:
I can't believe you people think this is a good thing. It is very sad. Yes, this boy/child killed another child and now he will spend the rest of his life in prison. Where are his parents and/or adult role models?
Of course it's a GOOD THING. The event(s) that led to the conviction were not good things but THE CONVICTION sure is. Of course it's sad, it's sad that to prove his man hood he and his gang have to earn their cred and retaliate. It's is also sad that he has to live the rest of his life in prison because he should be EXECUTED. As for the role models, I dodn't know his background nor do I care because at his age he does know right and wrong and needs to BE ACCOUNTABLE for his own actions. It is so damned sickening in this country that it seems to always be SOMEONE ELSES fault.
Mike

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Jun 1, 2007
The sad truth here is this young man is going to spend the rest of his life in prison because he pick the wrong friends.
Freinds can either make you or break you. Too bad people can't learn the lesson here, it is true for all ages.
Jenna

Crystal, MI

#13 Jun 1, 2007
I agree with Jeff from GR! It is very sad that this young boy (NOT a man) will spend the rest of his life in prison. But his choices are what got him there. He killed someone, out of anger. No matter how sorry he is, it won't bring Kenneth Dear back.

These gangs seem to revolve everything around respect. They could earn, yes earn, respect if they got together to volunteer at shelters, clean up their community, tutor kids after school and encourage graduating, etc. The gangs could rival against each other to see who could do the most work in their own communities. The cops would leave them alone, and they would get respect from all walks of life while doing something GOOD for others. And the young would want to follow in their footsteps and would look up to them. That's respect. Why does it have to be violent? Violence only shows your lack of intelligence.
Joe Shmo

Coopersville, MI

#14 Jun 1, 2007
Jenna wrote:
I agree with Jeff from GR! It is very sad that this young boy (NOT a man) will spend the rest of his life in prison. But his choices are what got him there. He killed someone, out of anger. No matter how sorry he is, it won't bring Kenneth Dear back.
These gangs seem to revolve everything around respect. They could earn, yes earn, respect if they got together to volunteer at shelters, clean up their community, tutor kids after school and encourage graduating, etc. The gangs could rival against each other to see who could do the most work in their own communities. The cops would leave them alone, and they would get respect from all walks of life while doing something GOOD for others. And the young would want to follow in their footsteps and would look up to them. That's respect. Why does it have to be violent? Violence only shows your lack of intelligence.
You could'nt have said it better :)
FED UP

United States

#15 Jun 1, 2007
cbage wrote:
I do believe it is a little late for a role model, and yes it is sad that someone lost thier life, but he deserves everything he will get.
FED UP

United States

#16 Jun 1, 2007
Mike wrote:
The sad truth here is this young man is going to spend the rest of his life in prison because he pick the wrong friends.
Freinds can either make you or break you. Too bad people can't learn the lesson here, it is true for all ages.
He is old enough to know right from wrong, friends or not he is a big boy and know will be fresh meat in prison.
KVCF

Ada, MI

#17 Jun 1, 2007
Jenna wrote:
What planet are you on!!?? Your idealism is admirable but it's just that. If what you say could actually happen in our lifetime than there would be peace in the middle east as well. I am no expert but I do know from personal experience that these kids "gang" involvement is usually generational and doing something "good" is never viewed among their "peers" as the "right" thing to do...unless they are taken out of the negative environment at a very early age they are doomed at birth.
scott in kent city

United States

#18 Jun 1, 2007
KVCF wrote:
<quoted text>
What planet are you on!!?? Your idealism is admirable but it's just that. If what you say could actually happen in our lifetime than there would be peace in the middle east as well. I am no expert but I do know from personal experience that these kids "gang" involvement is usually generational and doing something "good" is never viewed among their "peers" as the "right" thing to do...unless they are taken out of the negative environment at a very early age they are doomed at birth.
first off i see nothing wrong with jenna's post, its not her idealism, its is realisim. as far as being a gang member being generational you are partially right thou the main reason is poverty and the lack of two parent families. poverty dont discriminate nor does the lack of mothers or fathers. it effects all races. these kids have nothing better to do but hang out and cause trouble. The real disgrace of poverty is not in owning to the fact But in declining to struggle against it.
No Nothing

Madison, WI

#19 Jun 1, 2007
cbage wrote:
DUH!!!!!!!!!! A little late for that.
enoughsenough

Deerfield, IL

#20 Jun 1, 2007
the prosecution did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt he did it this is very unfair kenneth dear can burn in hell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 11 hr Jan Muizelaar 1,195
Local News Women (Apr '09) Dec 12 WMNewsFan 3,124
Woman charged with raping dog Dec 5 Oracle 1
Quote of the Day (Feb '08) Nov 29 Kelly Joanne Cannon 485
News 'Okay to be White' signs popping up in Grand Haven Nov 27 Sad Bastard 4
boycott alabama now (Dec '08) Nov 26 Sattva Virginius 291
News Holland's Hispanic population growing (May '08) Nov 21 District 1 400

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages