Is committed to her Muslim faith

Says she is not proud of her country

Appears on too many magazine covers

Is treated unfairly by the news media

Sandy

Kalamazoo, MI

#42 Aug 25, 2010
radell wrote:
<quoted text>I have not done anything "not nice". I'm sorry you disagree with that. But if you think Sandy doesn't need to be told to be nice there is no hope for you or you are her.
Holy Cow! I sure get around! First I'm Sassysandy (yes I was), now Sandy, but people seem to think I am also...Laughing, Neecer, TheWayISeeIt, and a few dozen other names. In the meantime, Radell, you need a serious attitude adjustment. Despite what you think, your opinion is NOT the only one that is right or truthful. As to my comment about what you won't admit, you still haven't admitted that Mrs. Obama said what she did. Or, are we due for another "I don't think you understood what she said" comment?

Since: Sep 08

Muskegon

#43 Aug 25, 2010
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>Holy Cow! I sure get around! First I'm Sassysandy (yes I was), now Sandy, but people seem to think I am also...Laughing, Neecer, TheWayISeeIt, and a few dozen other names. In the meantime, Radell, you need a serious attitude adjustment. Despite what you think, your opinion is NOT the only one that is right or truthful. As to my comment about what you won't admit, you still haven't admitted that Mrs. Obama said what she did. Or, are we due for another "I don't think you understood what she said" comment?
I see. You have to be present for it to have happened. She said that. It was dumb. She apologized for it. "I haven't seen examples" is NOT a denial that she made one statement. It's plural. Give more. You are still a liar.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#44 Aug 25, 2010
Other than the fashion world trying to pawn her off as the minority answer to Jackie Kennedy, Michelle Obama has done absolutely NOTHING meaningful since she arrived in Washington, D.C.

If you look at the facts, this country isn't any better off under her husband's "change", either. She was going to be one of his "key" advisors, too...Barry's "partner", if you will.

Housing market in the toilet, no jobs, double-digit unemployment, stock market still stagnant, banks raking in billions in bailout money and failing to give out loans to spur growth. More Americans than ever raiding their retirement plans (if they even have one any more). But that's a different story altogether. Back on topic...

Her main "accomplishment" appears to have been a cameo on Sesame Street, and growing a garden that someone else tends to. Oh, and taking lavish trips with her children.

Michelle has had a tremendous opportunity to make strides for many as First Lady, but she has failed miserably at each and every turn thus far. She is simply enjoying the perks and privileges of the title.

The big splash she landed with in Washington has now become less than a ripple on the pond near the Rose Garden. And that's okay by me.
Thewayiseeit

Manistee, MI

#45 Aug 25, 2010
Smarter wrote:
you call yourself a Christian?
<quoted text>
Well, Pastor Smarter, please quote chapter and verse that says an honest opinion or observation is unchristian.
Thewayiseeit

Manistee, MI

#46 Aug 25, 2010
Smarter wrote:
well well well, when you see someone claim to be a christian, and then turn around and bully someone it would make you wonder where that christianity came from. just shows the hyprocisy of their christianity. typical
<quoted text>
"Bully someone"? How did I bully someone?
BkByer

AOL

#47 Aug 25, 2010
GR Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all that is not true but even if it were this country sucked under Bush/Cheney. He let his Chamber of Commerce buddies rob us blind while he and Cheney committed war crimes. This was an all time low in our history.
Well, I'll be darned. I thought the Great Depression belonged on the all time low list. But then, that's just me.
Thewayiseeit

Manistee, MI

#48 Aug 25, 2010
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>Holy Cow! I sure get around! First I'm Sassysandy (yes I was), now Sandy, but people seem to think I am also...Laughing, Neecer, TheWayISeeIt, and a few dozen other names. In the meantime, Radell, you need a serious attitude adjustment. Despite what you think, your opinion is NOT the only one that is right or truthful. As to my comment about what you won't admit, you still haven't admitted that Mrs. Obama said what she did. Or, are we due for another "I don't think you understood what she said" comment?
I know Sandy and I agree a lot, but she and I are not one and the same. Sorry Radell there's more than one of us here that think you posess a crude and rude little attitude!!

I know, I know, how unchristian of me.........whatever

Muskegon

#49 Aug 25, 2010
Thewayiseeit wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Sandy and I agree a lot, but she and I are not one and the same. Sorry Radell there's more than one of us here that think you posess a crude and rude little attitude!!
I know, I know, how unchristian of me.........whatever
I wasn't the one who said that. And again, if you think I was being unkind, and you think she wasn't, you are just plain wrong. She has resumed going out of her way to attack me and then claim I started it. I will probably go back to ignoring it at some point in the future, but right now I won't.
Alvin

Grand Rapids, MI

#50 Aug 25, 2010
Insecure men have a problem with intelligent, assertive and attractive women. It only seems magnified when that woman is a minority---JMO.
Thewayiseeit

Manistee, MI

#51 Aug 25, 2010
Alvin wrote:
Insecure men have a problem with intelligent, assertive and attractive women. It only seems magnified when that woman is a minority---JMO.
Intelligent, yes

Assertive, if that's synonomous with arrogant beech, yup

Attractive, if you're comparing her to Rosie O'Donell, you betcha!
mo water

Farmington, MI

#52 Aug 25, 2010
radell wrote:
I will probably go back to ignoring it at some point in the future, but right now I won't.
In that case, you'd better drink a lot of water. It looks like this will be a protracted pissing contest.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#53 Aug 25, 2010
Alvin wrote:
Funny I don't see those qualities you suggested in MO. One thing for sure she is not attractive at least to me. Intelligent maybe?? but surely she has no common sense, assertive no way just a -----, you fill in the blanks. Those arms that people swooned over are growing as fast as BHO is turning gray.
Flawed

Sandusky, OH

#54 Aug 25, 2010
Alvin wrote:
Yeah, it can't be simply that they do not agree with statements that she has made... Can't possibly be as simple as that, it has to be because she is a woman and black. Just like there are those who say any disagreement with the policies of the current President has to be because he is 1/2 black.
Alvin

Grand Rapids, MI

#55 Aug 25, 2010
Flawed wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it can't be simply that they do not agree with statements that she has made... Can't possibly be as simple as that, it has to be because she is a woman and black. Just like there are those who say any disagreement with the policies of the current President has to be because he is 1/2 black.
The only other First Lady I remember being criticized so much was Hilary Clinton, the rest of them read books to children and do tours of the White House.

Muskegon

#56 Aug 25, 2010
Flawed wrote:
<quoted text>
What statements?

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#57 Aug 25, 2010
Alvin wrote:
I know many attractive an assertive women my boss is one, and I work with some, a couple are great friends and I love them all. MO could not measure up to any of them.
Sandy

Kalamazoo, MI

#58 Aug 25, 2010
Alvin wrote:
All women are minorities according to the government. So, yup, insecure men do have problems with intelligent, assertive and attractive women. But, insecure women also have problems with intelligent, assertive and attractive women. I call that pretty even.
Flawed

Grand Rapids, MI

#59 Aug 25, 2010
radell wrote:
<quoted text>What statements?
Hmm this one.

“For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country,”

and this one...

“Barack is one of the smartest people you will ever encounter who will ***deign*** to enter this messy thing called politics.”

The definition of Deign: to think fit or in accordance with one's dignity; condescend: He would not deign to discuss the matter with us.

Or this one...

“Iowa will make the difference,” Mrs. Obama said.“If Barack doesn’t win Iowa, it is just a dream. If we win Iowa, then we can move to the world as it should be.”

Move to the World? Really?

Now that I have done your reading for you...

I have a question... If you say that there is a kid painting graffiti on the wall, and your husband goes and looks and says that he doesn't see any kids out there, would you assume that there was still just the one kid there, or like any other normal person would you think that there was no longer anyone out there?
Flawed

Grand Rapids, MI

#60 Aug 25, 2010
Alvin wrote:
<quoted text>The only other First Lady I remember being criticized so much was Hilary Clinton, the rest of them read books to children and do tours of the White House.
Can you possibly think of any reasons why? Oh wait you listed them. They didn't make the kinds of statements or do the kinds of things that Hillary and Michelle did and do... And of course they had the Bush twins to attack. When they messed up, as teenager sometimes do, it was front page news. I wonder what would happen if your teenager was caught underage drinking... Do you think it would even warrant a mention on mlive?
Alvin

Grand Rapids, MI

#61 Aug 25, 2010
Flawed wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you possibly think of any reasons why? Oh wait you listed them. They didn't make the kinds of statements or do the kinds of things that Hillary and Michelle did and do... And of course they had the Bush twins to attack. When they messed up, as teenager sometimes do, it was front page news. I wonder what would happen if your teenager was caught underage drinking... Do you think it would even warrant a mention on mlive?
I'm not a public figure, and I think when that stuff was in the paper they were 18 or over, anyway, I'm still not a public figure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 1 hr stewart scott 2,514
Review: Motorhomes 2 Go 7 hr Jennie 3
Local News Women (Apr '09) 9 hr Wyn 2,402
trump triumphant! Sat Idea Maker 9
News Food Town closing temporarily Aug 29 lamber kroger sho... 2
News Two DNR rangers charged with poaching in Oceana... (Apr '08) Aug 27 Fabian Vasquez 88
Bike licenses for road maintenance Aug 26 knobhead 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages