Kilpatrick asks Granholm for pardon

Kilpatrick asks Granholm for pardon

There are 196 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Aug 14, 2008, titled Kilpatrick asks Granholm for pardon. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Governor Jennifer Granholm's legal team says she has no authority to pardon Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick because he hasn't been convicted of a crime.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Mark

Lovington, NM

#1 Aug 14, 2008
What an idiot. He's asking for a pardon for something he hasn't been convicted of and has pleaded not guilty to.

So what does he need a pardon for if he's not guilty?

And this guy is an attorney? How did he ever pass the bar exam?
what the

Ionia, MI

#2 Aug 14, 2008
Pardon for what ? giving michigan a bad name , why don't he pardon us and just step down .
Feeling Guilty

Riverside, CA

#4 Aug 14, 2008
I think this says it all - pardon me - but you haven't been convicted yet! Feeling a little guilty Kwame? This is better than the Saturday morning cartoons!
Jason

Troy, MI

#5 Aug 14, 2008
No tether at the Democratic National Convention?
Just what Barack needs is the Original Gangsta Mayor showing up and flounting his "above the law" status for the whole nation to see.
dogeatdog

Europe

#6 Aug 14, 2008
Feeling Guilty wrote:
I think this says it all - pardon me - but you haven't been convicted yet! Feeling a little guilty Kwame? This is better than the Saturday morning cartoons!
If you read Freep posts, you will notice he is already cartoon characterized.

Fat Albert!

Give credit to someone over there. They have it right.
Lil E Dorr MI

Caledonia, MI

#9 Aug 14, 2008
After reading the story, I couldn't believe that he is going to Denver because he is a superdelegate. It's no wonder Bush got elected 2 terms. This sleaze ball represents the democratic party? This country is in deep do do.

Since: Jul 08

Zeeland

#10 Aug 14, 2008
So, does this mean that every other "superdelegate" is exempt from any sentences? What a country! How did he get to be a "superdelegate" anyway?
beers

Clyman, WI

#11 Aug 14, 2008
toss his butt in Jail for a long time -
just my thoughts

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Aug 14, 2008
i'm no expert on the inner workings of law but why this douche is allowed to continue his roll as mayor when he's in the middle of a court case that involves accusations of lies and deceipt. he should not be allowed to continue to travel or anything, hasn't he already wasted enough of the cities money and time on his own ventures. this makes no sense to me, but when it comes to politicians and celebraties they seem to have there own version of the law they have to follow. must be nice to not have to be accountable for your actions, way to be a role model.
Are you kidding me

Flint, MI

#13 Aug 14, 2008
Pardon??? NO WAY!
Sue

United States

#14 Aug 14, 2008
There is a bed open in the Ionia prison for Mr. Mayor!!
rjhall

Comstock Park, MI

#15 Aug 14, 2008
Duff wrote:
So, does this mean that every other "superdelegate" is exempt from any sentences? What a country! How did he get to be a "superdelegate" anyway?
He has not been convicted so he is not serving any sentence. However, I don't think he should be allowed to go, Hell, if I were Obama I would specifically tell him not to come. As for the pardon, if Granholm does it I may even have to talk bad about her, and I like her.
fance

Grand Rapids, MI

#16 Aug 14, 2008
if granholm pardons him, she should be removed from office as well.
Kentwood Resident

Washington, MI

#17 Aug 14, 2008
This is exactly what happens when we elect a thug into office! Just because friends and family are in office, does not mean all their relatives are good people. I just like watching this system fall apart, it's good entertainment.
Pete

Riverside, CA

#18 Aug 14, 2008
I'm a Dem and this has now evolved into the bizarre. A Judge with a reputation for being strict just lifted the travel/tether restrictions not only in the case before him but in the other case so Kwame can go to the Dem Convention. The Judge must be GOP and think this is funny. If I were a GOP judge I'd make sure he could travel to Denver too. On the other hand why would Kwame even be thinking about going to Denver under these circumstances.

Sharon McPhail is now inquiring about a pardon for hizzoner. She has to be kidding. I have said it before and every time I see anything about her I am more convinced she is the dumbest licensed attorney in MI. She is asking for a pardon from the same person she has accused of "railroading" Kwame within the last week. Can you be that stupid?

The Detroit City Council is scheduled to begin hearings to remove him next week. Jennifer is scheduled to begin hearings in early September. His removal cannot possibly happen too soon.
pedaltothemetal

Canton, MI

#19 Aug 14, 2008
Well, Clinton got away with perjury, character doesn't matter right? HA!
Reason

Dorr, MI

#20 Aug 14, 2008
The fact that he is asking for a pardon suggests guilt and that he knows the evidence against him is solid. If he were innocent he would fight at all costs. And for Granholm. Get rid of him! Show some leadership to Michigan and stop worrying about the Democratic base in Detroit and how it will be affected. You are responsible first for doing what's best for ALL Michiganders! Leave your party worries for later. For now, do what is the best and right thing to do...perhaps it will ultmimately be a role model lesson to the Gangster Mayor of Hip-Hop.
Batch37 Pain Is Good

United States

#21 Aug 14, 2008
Pete wrote:
I'm a Dem and this has now evolved into the bizarre. A Judge with a reputation for being strict just lifted the travel/tether restrictions not only in the case before him but in the other case so Kwame can go to the Dem Convention. The Judge must be GOP and think this is funny. If I were a GOP judge I'd make sure he could travel to Denver too. On the other hand why would Kwame even be thinking about going to Denver under these circumstances.
Sharon McPhail is now inquiring about a pardon for hizzoner. She has to be kidding. I have said it before and every time I see anything about her I am more convinced she is the dumbest licensed attorney in MI. She is asking for a pardon from the same person she has accused of "railroading" Kwame within the last week. Can you be that stupid?
The Detroit City Council is scheduled to begin hearings to remove him next week. Jennifer is scheduled to begin hearings in early September. His removal cannot possibly happen too soon.
Now watch all the probationers ask to go to Denver. The double standard will come.

“Smells like 1994!”

Since: Jun 08

Stately Wayne Manor

#22 Aug 14, 2008
Granholm could (and probably will) pardon Kilpatrick. Nixon was never formally charged yet alone convicted before Ford pardoned him. Why couldn't she do the same?

Get ready for the dirt to fly! This Synagro scandal is going to make Christine Beatty seem lie a walk in the park!
Mark

Lovington, NM

#23 Aug 14, 2008
Pete wrote:
I'm impressed Pete, this is the most intelligent post I've seen from you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lets Chat (Mar '08) 7 hr Gville Jim 40,226
Crooked Hillary's Tax Return Challenge To Donald 7 hr Gville Jim 5
News Kent County Detectives: Teen homicide suspect k... Mon HillJack 1
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Mon Robert walker 1,100
Local News Women (Apr '09) Mon Banned 2,684
News Pay your utility bills or lose service (Dec '08) Aug 19 Shimake 160
Days of Yore Aug 18 Gville Jim 2

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages