Ginger

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ten-ways-r...

All of a sudden 'The Daily Show' is relevant to Republicans?
Now they'll ruin that for us.

3. Don't be afraid of going on 'The Daily Show'

To better reach young voters, the report recommends that Republicans get their candidates on more shows in popular culture and tap into the power of celebrity endorsements.

From the report:

Establish an RNC Celebrity Task Force of personalities in the entertainment industry to host events for the RNC and allow donors to participate in entertainment events as a way to attract younger voters.... Republican leaders should participate in and actively prepare for interviews with The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, MTV and magazines such as People, UsWeekly, etc., as well as radio stations that are popular with the youth demographic.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Complain when they don't reach out to the youth and diversity, complain when they do.

I've been actively encouraging conservative politicians to do a better job of getting their message out in sources that go beyond sites like Townhall .com and other venues that only conservatives into politics frequent.

I'd like to see them take on these liberal blowhards on the real issues instead of just answering gotcha journalist questions about social issues all the time.

I think in many cases, especially in the latino community, a well-layed out argument for smaller government, less mandates, and the idea of "hard work will earn you a better life", as opposed to the liberal's "subservience to yet another government is the only way", would be far more in tune with what they came to America to find. It just hasn't been communicated in venues that reach out to them because the GOP has been stuck in their old ways for so long.

Obviously, the "stuck-on-Bush" mentality radicals will hate every second of this new approach and find every opportunity to mock and do what they do best - whine. If they actually cared about the best interest of the country they'd be embracing the idea of republicans finally digging themselves out of the GOP rut they've been stuck in.

Obviously, some liberals are only in it for the party's sake, and country be damned.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE