Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dr X

Byron Center, MI

#1 Sep 11, 2013
This guy echos my thoughts exactly:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/three-...
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Southfield, MI

#2 Sep 12, 2013
spot on

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#3 Sep 12, 2013
I agree!
Obama is nothing but a lame duck right now.
He's pushing everything off, and trying to blame everything on the GOP, but then he's been doing that for five years.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4 Sep 13, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
I agree!
Obama is nothing but a lame duck right now.
He's pushing everything off, and trying to blame everything on the GOP, but then he's been doing that for five years.
What do you actually think, will happen first....the end of liberalism....or the winning of a general election, by the Republican party?
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Sep 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> What do you actually think, will happen first....the end of liberalism....or the winning of a general election, by the Republican party?
... or that Go Blue will ever learn how to use a comma correctly?

Grandville, MI

#6 Sep 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> What do you actually think, will happen first....the end of liberalism....or the winning of a general election, by the Republican party?
I don't wish to see an end to liberalism. A little bit of liberalism can be a good thing, BUT too much of it can be a bad thing.
As far as your Republican question, who knows?
In 2016 we're going to have Hillary Clinton, and John Kerry running against themselves again, and they will have to again explain to us why they voted in favor of going into the war in Iraq, but then when that war became unpopular, they changed their minds on it, because they thought it would bring them more votes.
Obama's actions / inactions of late are not really helping the liberal cause for the next election.
We will just have to wait and see what happens over the next three years.

Location hidden

#7 Sep 13, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>I don't wish to see an end to liberalism. A little bit of liberalism can be a good thing, BUT too much of it can be a bad thing.
As far as your Republican question, who knows?
In 2016 we're going to have Hillary Clinton, and John Kerry running against themselves again, and they will have to again explain to us why they voted in favor of going into the war in Iraq, but then when that war became unpopular, they changed their minds on it, because they thought it would bring them more votes.
Obama's actions / inactions of late are not really helping the liberal cause for the next election.
We will just have to wait and see what happens over the next three years.
Don't remember all the beginnings, but was'nt the reality of the length and the costs in manpower and assets, of the IRAQ War......much more, than what was originally proposed? I just don't remember any talk of nation building at the onset.....
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Sep 13, 2013
Me neither. I remember that Oil from Iraq would pay for that war. Funny how people forget.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Don't remember all the beginnings, but was'nt the reality of the length and the costs in manpower and assets, of the IRAQ War......much more, than what was originally proposed? I just don't remember any talk of nation building at the onset.....
Really

Wyoming, MI

#9 Sep 13, 2013
Odd how the memories are failing for everything lately, unless it is criticizing the party not in power.

Grandville, MI

#10 Sep 13, 2013
Sassy wrote:
Me neither. I remember that Oil from Iraq would pay for that war. Funny how people forget.
<quoted text>
Funny that people forget all of the democrats in the Senate, that voted to go into Iraq, and later, changed their minds.
Obama was in the senate, and didn't vote because he was "absent".

Go figure.

Location hidden

#11 Sep 14, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Funny that people forget all of the democrats in the Senate, that voted to go into Iraq, and later, changed their minds.
Go figure.
I was'nt even talking about that...i was asking about the original description of what an invasion of Iraq would entail? I think the eventual reality was waaay beyond, what was forcast?....that is likely part of the anti-war sentiment, at least with the general public....
Really

Wyoming, MI

#12 Sep 14, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I was'nt even talking about that...i was asking about the original description of what an invasion of Iraq would entail? I think the eventual reality was waaay beyond, what was forcast?....that is likely part of the anti-war sentiment, at least with the general public....
Rather like what happened in Vietnam?

Location hidden

#13 Sep 14, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Rather like what happened in Vietnam?
Yeah, but Vietnam was way worse, due to the casualties....Fate and our beligerance led to Vietnam....
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#14 Sep 14, 2013
They voted on a pack of lies that they were fed lest us not forget that.
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Funny that people forget all of the democrats in the Senate, that voted to go into Iraq, and later, changed their minds.
Go figure.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#15 Sep 14, 2013
Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet according to Go Blue they are somehow touched by intelligence and wisdom once they are elected, therefore they know better than the common taxpayer and should not be questioned.

Or maybe that's just his attitude when a democrat is sitting in the high chair.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#16 Sep 14, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, but Vietnam was way worse, due to the casualties....Fate and our beligerance led to Vietnam....
And your point is what again? Spit it out Blue. I don't want to be accused of putting words in your mouth.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#17 Sep 14, 2013
Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, is there lying going on this time too or is it all good?
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#18 Sep 14, 2013
Sassy wrote:
The same folks are providing the intelligence today...best not to forget that, either...and the veracity of at least some of it is already being questioned.

Grandville, MI

#19 Sep 14, 2013
Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama wasn't president back then.
Nice try.

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#20 Sep 14, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
... or that Go Blue will ever learn how to use a comma correctly?
don't place money on this bet!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crowd Walks Out On Obama 2 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 4
How bad are grand rapids roads 2 hr andymurphy17 1
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 9 hr Oneal 98
CDC Got Threat Of Ebola All Wrong 21 hr Trouser Cough 17
bdsm (Jul '13) Sun shinykicks 6
Watch Racebaiter Oprah Wigout On Guest's Opinion Sat Luke 50
Obama and cocaine addicts Sat Oneal 7
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match

Grand Rapids Jobs