SOS in Mesa

Scottsdale, AZ

#42 Jul 22, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Another "brilliant" attempt at being smart, eh Bob? Please,keep giving them your money so they can buy drugs and beer and contribute to the underground economy while taking your tax dollars that you claim to pay.
I can't see much difference between them and the GR politicians.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#43 Jul 22, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you were drunk so much of the time back then, I figured that you forgot!
Really?
What a clueless idiotic reply.
Way to stay classy Bob!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#44 Jul 22, 2013
Sassy wrote:
Fake Panhandler busted by radio station.
http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapi...
Aren't the police allowed to drive them to the city limits, anymore?

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#45 Jul 22, 2013
About two years ago, or so, my boss stopped and offered one of them a job. They guy said no thanks,.... he made more money standing there on the corner.
Go figure!
Really

Wyoming, MI

#46 Jul 22, 2013
SOS in Mesa wrote:
<quoted text>I can't see much difference between them and the GR politicians.
I don't see much difference between them and ANY politician, frankly. Actually, the only difference is we are overpaying the politicians.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#47 Jul 22, 2013
Their latest tactic is to have a woman sitting with them and a sign claiming that she is pregnant. The one I saw tonight might want to research what 4 months pregnant looks like (what the sign said), they had her belly stuffed to about the 8 month size so unless she's pregnant with triplets, that dog ain't hunting.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#48 Jul 22, 2013
Give them a panhandle and take a picture of the look on their face..
Who

Wyoming, MI

#49 Jul 22, 2013
Really wrote:
Solution? Don't give them money..buy them a meal. If they refuse that,they are SOL.
Don't give these moochers anything period.

F these conmen.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#50 Jul 23, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't the police allowed to drive them to the city limits, anymore?
Not since 2011, when the ACLU stepped in on behalf of the beggars and "free speech", costing the city quite a sum of lawsuit $$. Thanks to the ACLU, there's now a whole new industry of lying and non-contributing losers standing on many main street corners asking for everyone else to support them for doing nothing more than standing there with a sign that makes grossly false claims about being vets, or pregnant, hungry, three cold and shivering kids, etc ....

http://grcentral.wzzm13.com/news/news/61747-a...

What's amazing is media investigators who've interviewed these losers discovered they're making upwards of $20 an hour doing this in GR - you know, the city the anti-religious folks claim is so mean and greedy and unwelcoming.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#51 Jul 23, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Not since 2011, when the ACLU stepped in on behalf of the beggars and "free speech", costing the city quite a sum of lawsuit $$. Thanks to the ACLU, there's now a whole new industry of lying and non-contributing losers standing on many main street corners asking for everyone else to support them for doing nothing more than standing there with a sign that makes grossly false claims about being vets, or pregnant, hungry, three cold and shivering kids, etc ....
What's amazing is media investigators who've interviewed these losers discovered they're making upwards of $20 an hour doing this in GR - you know, the city the anti-religious folks claim is so mean and greedy and unwelcoming.
I would say the ACLU person is either falsely naive or stupid
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#52 Jul 23, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Really?
What a clueless idiotic reply.
Way to stay classy Bob!
Perhaps you've heard something like this before....

"You seem to forget all of the B.S. you dished out to me back when I was laid off, and posted during the day!"

If the idiot shoe fits........
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Fenton, MI

#53 Jul 23, 2013
Like Bob, they don't pay taxes.....

Location hidden

#54 Jul 23, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
As it say's, panhandling lead's to alcohol purchases...also when they are close to traffic, they are a safety hazard....Cop's have hundred's of charges to use.....
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#55 Jul 23, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
Like Bob, they don't pay taxes.....
Your isp changed........

Did your Obama phone pick up a new cellphone tower when you moved under that new bridge?
Oneal

Chicago, IL

#56 Jul 23, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> As it say's, panhandling lead's to alcohol purchases...also when they are close to traffic, they are a safety hazard....Cop's have hundred's of charges to use.....
The city is too afraid of another ACLU lawsuit to in any way come across harassing to the panhandlers. So, in essence the police have more authority over taxpaying, contributing members of society than they do over lying, lazy beggars who pay no taxes and perform no service to the community thanks to the ACLU.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#57 Jul 23, 2013
In Victorian England, they put beggars into debtor's prisons, aboard derelict ships, and even shipped quite a few to Australia. Any bets that there are still panhandlers in London?

Every civilization in recorded history has tried to deal with the issue, and all have had the same luck in curing it...... None!

You can't control human nature, any more than you can control the weather.

Location hidden

#58 Jul 23, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
The city is too afraid of another ACLU lawsuit to in any way come across harassing to the panhandlers. So, in essence the police have more authority over taxpaying, contributing members of society than they do over lying, lazy beggars who pay no taxes and perform no service to the community thanks to the ACLU.
Much like the forcing of minorities onto the general population, Social Engineering now covers every faction on the bottom rung of our culture.....their freedoms, without our freedoms....
Oneal

Chicago, IL

#59 Jul 23, 2013
Bob wrote:
In Victorian England, they put beggars into debtor's prisons, aboard derelict ships, and even shipped quite a few to Australia. Any bets that there are still panhandlers in London?
Every civilization in recorded history has tried to deal with the issue, and all have had the same luck in curing it...... None!
But you can enable it, which is what the ACLU did with their lawsuit. And now we have 20-30 year olds making up lying signs and standing on street corners begging instead of going to school or working for an honest living.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Fenton, MI

#60 Jul 23, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Your isp changed........
Did your Obama phone pick up a new cellphone tower when you moved under that new bridge?
Move around the State a lot WORKING and paying income taxes...... Got to support my house and Canadian Lakes "cottage" before the O finds it wrong......
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Fenton, MI

#61 Jul 23, 2013
Bob wrote:
Then we should stop entitlements then........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 51 min Mr Wiggley 63
Bengazi is back 1 hr Mr Wiggley 129
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 128
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 1,377
Quote of the Day (Jun '08) 5 hr SLY WEST 2,847
three white guys get wacked . . . 5 hr Idea Maker 2
Grand Rapids man robbed at Nunica Rest Stop (Jan '09) 22 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 7
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids