Gas Is Going Up..... Thanks Obama......

Since: Sep 08

Muskegon

#22 Jan 25, 2011
RFist383 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, so, lets not drill at all, W_t f..........
By the way they need a ton of rice in China, well hell they might as well put a moratorium up right now to not grow rice. right?
and don't say it's an un-even argument, I will not accept that.
What in the world are you even talking about?

Since: Jun 09

GR

#23 Jan 25, 2011
Ms Angie wrote:
There are two primary reasons gas prices are increasing at the pump. The first and most likely biggest reason is speculators and fund managers checking out commodity markets as a whole.
The second being our dollar is at the lowest level it's been since early last November.
Combine the 2 and we're over 3 bucks at the pump. I don't buy the whole we're going to 5 dollar bs. The economy hasn't recovered enough globally to withstand such high prices.
So the whole argument by speculators/funds that the price needs to go higher because the economy is recovering and demand will increase is flimsy and short-sighted. If energy costs increase too much it will cripple any sort of recovery we're trying to foster. That includes in China, where they're having a hard enough time feeding their people.
Holy crap! A voice of reason. I've missed you Ms Angie.
Do you recall when gas skyrocketed during the Bush administration? The networks went crazy with coverage and speculation. The democrats in DC demanded investigations and the usual Topix suspects immediately went into "blame rightie" overdrive.
Fast forward a democrat run administration and you'd be hard pressed to even see the price of gas on the media's radar, the democrat's in DC are muttering, "gas prices? what gas prices?", and the usual Topix suspects are, well ...blaming rightie. LOL

I wouldn't be surprised if we come close to $5/gallon at some point, but I'm not counting on it either. One thing is for sure, the longer we stifle America's ability to pump it's own oil the longer our gas prices will be in the hands of others.

“Don't touch my junk man!”

Since: Nov 07

Middle of the Mitten, Michigan

#24 Jan 25, 2011
_Dingo wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy crap! A voice of reason. I've missed you Ms Angie.
Do you recall when gas skyrocketed during the Bush administration? The networks went crazy with coverage and speculation. The democrats in DC demanded investigations and the usual Topix suspects immediately went into "blame rightie" overdrive.
Fast forward a democrat run administration and you'd be hard pressed to even see the price of gas on the media's radar, the democrat's in DC are muttering, "gas prices? what gas prices?", and the usual Topix suspects are, well ...blaming rightie. LOL
I wouldn't be surprised if we come close to $5/gallon at some point, but I'm not counting on it either. One thing is for sure, the longer we stifle America's ability to pump it's own oil the longer our gas prices will be in the hands of others.
I've missed you too Dingo! Things have slowed down for me for a little bit, so I thought I would check in. Good to know nothing's changed at all...lol

I can see it going to 5 if something happens to keep prices moving higher-a terrorist attack, or something that impacts our drilling/production capabilities. So there is potential.

I want to say though, I'm not in any way saying we need to have a knee jerk reaction to speculators. We don't need to go all China on the free market system and limit our market activity and who can or cannot invest. An idea that has been tossed around a bit by the CFTC. Sure, increase margin requirements, but I'm not sure a limitation on speculative interest is the way to go.

Anyway...you're right. Political affiliation in power has little to do with the price of gas at the pump. Sure, policy decisions like limiting off shore drilling and others will make it difficult to achieve maximum production/supply. Overall though I do find it ironic that folks are biting their tongue...maybe though they were right. Cheney's just so damned powerful he's got Obama in his back pocket too!
Karl Rove

Brooksville, FL

#25 Jan 25, 2011
Eat more beans ........ the country needs gas.

GR

#27 Jan 25, 2011
Ms Angie wrote:
<quoted text>
I've missed you too Dingo! Things have slowed down for me for a little bit, so I thought I would check in. Good to know nothing's changed at all...lol
I can see it going to 5 if something happens to keep prices moving higher-a terrorist attack, or something that impacts our drilling/production capabilities. So there is potential.
I want to say though, I'm not in any way saying we need to have a knee jerk reaction to speculators. We don't need to go all China on the free market system and limit our market activity and who can or cannot invest. An idea that has been tossed around a bit by the CFTC. Sure, increase margin requirements, but I'm not sure a limitation on speculative interest is the way to go.
Anyway...you're right. Political affiliation in power has little to do with the price of gas at the pump. Sure, policy decisions like limiting off shore drilling and others will make it difficult to achieve maximum production/supply. Overall though I do find it ironic that folks are biting their tongue...maybe though they were right. Cheney's just so damned powerful he's got Obama in his back pocket too!
I submit the last three posts as evidence of just how little things have changed here ... LOL

Throw in the occasional rants from Bob, Sassy, rval and Laura Bush (aka GR Pete, aka Dan Bana), and it's like a dysfunctional family reunion!!

Muskegon

#28 Jan 25, 2011
_Dingo wrote:
<quoted text>
I submit the last three posts as evidence of just how little things have changed here ... LOL
Throw in the occasional rants from Bob, Sassy, rval and Laura Bush (aka GR Pete, aka Dan Bana), and it's like a dysfunctional family reunion!!
You think Laura Bush is GR Pete? Why?
Nut Case

United States

#29 Jan 25, 2011
Bubbly4now wrote:
See what happens when the Conservatives win back the House? Big Oil rears it's greedy head -AGAIN.
Where are the brave Republicans willing to put their aaas on the line and help the country move ahead with green energy?
Hey jagoff, gas was over 3 bucks a gal when the dumbocraps were in charge!
Nut Case

United States

#30 Jan 25, 2011
radell wrote:
<quoted text>Um, that, if it affects oil prices, has a very indirect effect. The increases are coming from a more direct cause.
DRILL!!! BABY, DRILL!!!
Nut Case

United States

#31 Jan 25, 2011
George Bush wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are hellbent on destroying the country.
Hey poser, you are FULL of SHIT!!!!!
Nut Case

United States

#32 Jan 25, 2011
trikeman wrote:
gas prices going up.
i just lost my preexisting conditions coverage.
they want to take social security away from my 97 year old mammy.
they want to hide their identity in future house votes as a matter of legal procedure.
they don't want to stop spending money in iraq and afghanistan.
they don't want to raise the debt ceiling which will make all u.s. currency worthless the next day.
they won't arrest the illegals at my work place who work for a lower wage, and i'm fix'in to be laid off.
thanks republican-controlled house.
Hey jagoff, I hope you are kidding me!
Nut Case

United States

#33 Jan 25, 2011
I Got Gas wrote:
<quoted text>
You f uckin hypocrite!!! The repukes only had the house for 20 days!!!
How long have your dummycraps been in charge before the repukes took over??? IMBECILE!!!
Hey angry little boi, you forget to take your adderall today!?
Nut Case

United States

#34 Jan 25, 2011
radell wrote:
<quoted text>You think Laura Bush is GR Pete? Why?
Maybe its YOU, ya ole hag!!!
Nut Case

United States

#35 Jan 25, 2011
trikeman wrote:
<quoted text>
look sh+t fer brains, i wuz be'in sarcastic.
geez, what a numbnuts.
what are you, 13? go do yer homework idjit.
I hope so, too!!!
RFist383

United States

#36 Jan 25, 2011
radell wrote:
<quoted text>What in the world are you even talking about?
You are so out of it, it is quite obvious what i am talking about.

Muskegon

#37 Jan 25, 2011
RFist383 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so out of it, it is quite obvious what i am talking about.
Only to you.
RFist383

Plainwell, MI

#38 Jan 25, 2011
radell wrote:
<quoted text>Only to you.
No, only you, you never read any post correctly, or answer any correctly.
YES

Holland, MI

#39 Jan 25, 2011
seems like there would be more conservitive repubs (racists) on here like Gholm Jim blaming Obama. maybe people are getting smarter. doubt it.

GR

#40 Jan 25, 2011
YES wrote:
seems like there would be more conservitive repubs (racists) on here like Gholm Jim blaming Obama. maybe people are getting smarter. doubt it.
Ha ... maybe you preconceptions about republicans are just wrong.

Muskegon

#41 Jan 25, 2011
RFist383 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, only you, you never read any post correctly, or answer any correctly.
You were answering my post and drawing a conclusion about drilling. I never mentioned drilling. Care to have another crack at coherency?

Muskegon

#42 Jan 25, 2011
_Dingo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ... maybe you preconceptions about republicans are just wrong.
YES is an equal opportunity troll. Takes pot shots at everybody just to try and stir things up. Best ignored.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 2 hr T-Man 2,928
News Michigan lawmaker proposes bill banning Sharia Law Jun 18 Muzzie confusion 12
Quote of the Day (Feb '08) Jun 16 Kelly Joanne Cannon 479
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Jun 16 A Commenter 1,176
The Geek Group Jun 15 Redrider87 3
News Teen shot by police on probation for earlier sh... May 31 About time 1
News 18-year-old shot by Grand Rapids police during ... May 31 No doubt 1

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages