Comments
1 - 20 of 230 Comments Last updated Sep 13, 2011
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Barnesville, OH

#1 Jan 24, 2011
Yeah, that was a good idea to shut down our nation's oil drilling in the Gulf...... How's West Virginia doing with Coal today...... He came to destroy our nation......

Since: Sep 08

Muskegon

#2 Jan 24, 2011
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
Yeah, that was a good idea to shut down our nation's oil drilling in the Gulf...... How's West Virginia doing with Coal today...... He came to destroy our nation......
Where's your evidence that that's why gas is going up? My reading on the subject lists the causes as quite different.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Barnesville, OH

#3 Jan 24, 2011
radell wrote:
<quoted text>Where's your evidence that that's why gas is going up? My reading on the subject lists the causes as quite different.
Well if you want specifics....... Printing dollars reduces the value of the dollar on the world stage...... It take more dollars to buy the barrel of oil because it is worth less..... Domestic production getting cut off also hurts the price of oil...... The combination will be devastating to our Country.....
Laura Bush

United States

#4 Jan 24, 2011
Now now. Be nice. Gas is still cheaper than it was in 2008. Don't even worry until it's over $4.00 a gallon. And Iraq is going to pay us back in oil for all the good we have done since we overthrew that naughty Saddam Hussein
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Barnesville, OH

#5 Jan 24, 2011
Laura Bush wrote:
Now now. Be nice. Gas is still cheaper than it was in 2008. Don't even worry until it's over $4.00 a gallon. And Iraq is going to pay us back in oil for all the good we have done since we overthrew that naughty Saddam Hussein
That was never part of the long term strategy...... The left would love that to happen but it won't........

Since: Sep 08

Muskegon

#6 Jan 24, 2011
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Well if you want specifics....... Printing dollars reduces the value of the dollar on the world stage...... It take more dollars to buy the barrel of oil because it is worth less..... Domestic production getting cut off also hurts the price of oil...... The combination will be devastating to our Country.....
Um, that, if it affects oil prices, has a very indirect effect. The increases are coming from a more direct cause.

Since: Jan 11

Elizabethton, TN

#7 Jan 24, 2011
gas prices going up.
i just lost my preexisting conditions coverage.
they want to take social security away from my 97 year old mammy.
they want to hide their identity in future house votes as a matter of legal procedure.
they don't want to stop spending money in iraq and afghanistan.
they don't want to raise the debt ceiling which will make all u.s. currency worthless the next day.
they won't arrest the illegals at my work place who work for a lower wage, and i'm fix'in to be laid off.

thanks republican-controlled house.
Laura Bush

United States

#8 Jan 24, 2011
trikeman wrote:
gas prices going up.
i just lost my preexisting conditions coverage.
they want to take social security away from my 97 year old mammy.
they want to hide their identity in future house votes as a matter of legal procedure.
they don't want to stop spending money in iraq and afghanistan.
they don't want to raise the debt ceiling which will make all u.s. currency worthless the next day.
they won't arrest the illegals at my work place who work for a lower wage, and i'm fix'in to be laid off.
thanks republican-controlled house.
The Republicans did all that in less than a month? And with the Senate still held by the Democrats and Democrat as President? How did they do that? Nothing that has been done in the House in the last 20 days has become law. Nothing that passes in the House will ever pass in the Senate.
George Bush

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Jan 24, 2011
Laura Bush wrote:
<quoted text>The Republicans did all that in less than a month? And with the Senate still held by the Democrats and Democrat as President? How did they do that? Nothing that has been done in the House in the last 20 days has become law. Nothing that passes in the House will ever pass in the Senate.
Republicans are hellbent on destroying the country.

“Don't touch my junk man!”

Since: Nov 07

Middle of the Mitten, Michigan

#10 Jan 24, 2011
There are two primary reasons gas prices are increasing at the pump. The first and most likely biggest reason is speculators and fund managers checking out commodity markets as a whole.

The second being our dollar is at the lowest level it's been since early last November.

Combine the 2 and we're over 3 bucks at the pump. I don't buy the whole we're going to 5 dollar bs. The economy hasn't recovered enough globally to withstand such high prices.

So the whole argument by speculators/funds that the price needs to go higher because the economy is recovering and demand will increase is flimsy and short-sighted. If energy costs increase too much it will cripple any sort of recovery we're trying to foster. That includes in China, where they're having a hard enough time feeding their people.

Since: Jan 11

Elizabethton, TN

#11 Jan 24, 2011
Laura Bush wrote:
<quoted text>The Republicans did all that in less than a month? And with the Senate still held by the Democrats and Democrat as President? How did they do that? Nothing that has been done in the House in the last 20 days has become law. Nothing that passes in the House will ever pass in the Senate.
i bet george quickly convinced you that there were wmd's in iraq, didn't he sug?

if obammy can make gas prices go up when world capitalists make those decisions, then my republican-controlled congress can also perform magic.... for his next trick, barack will remote into boehner and make him start crying for no particular reason. it will be widely reported in the press, batch will have nothing to say about it, and liberals will continue to affirm that john does have a feminine side.....
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

United States

#12 Jan 24, 2011
Laura Bush wrote:
Good, they won't spend money we don't have.......
Cheney Oil Inc

Spring Hill, FL

#13 Jan 24, 2011
Let's go !

Head for the pumps, put the nozzle in the gashole and fill 'er up.

Get the economy rolling. Do some joyriding.
Tea Party Oil Company

United States

#14 Jan 24, 2011
Cheney Oil Inc wrote:
Let's go !
Head for the pumps, put the nozzle in the gashole and fill 'er up.
Get the economy rolling. Do some joyriding.
Yes, yes! Trade in your fuel efficient tiny coffins and buy an SUV! The bigger the better! Support this economy and the poor, struggling oil companies! If it isn't an 8 cylinder, at least 6000lbs and gets more than 15 mpg you are un American, a socialsit and are driving a girly car!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#15 Jan 24, 2011
trikeman wrote:
<quoted text>
i bet george quickly convinced you that there were wmd's in iraq, didn't he sug?
if obammy can make gas prices go up when world capitalists make those decisions, then my republican-controlled congress can also perform magic.... for his next trick, barack will remote into boehner and make him start crying for no particular reason. it will be widely reported in the press, batch will have nothing to say about it, and liberals will continue to affirm that john does have a feminine side.....
Gee, if "obammy" (your word, not mine) isn't responsible, then neither was GW when the gas prices went up. Makes sense that it is the speculators, yet again, continuing to rape the American public. Something that President Obama said he would stop! Gee, another broken campaign promise???? Say it isn't so!
Sassy

Wixom, MI

#17 Jan 24, 2011
Well darling your party wanted the Bush tax cuts to stay in place, of course those greedy bastards still want more of our money w/o giving anything in return.
The Real Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, if "obammy" (your word, not mine) isn't responsible, then neither was GW when the gas prices went up. Makes sense that it is the speculators, yet again, continuing to rape the American public. Something that President Obama said he would stop! Gee, another broken campaign promise???? Say it isn't so!
Sassy

Wixom, MI

#18 Jan 24, 2011
back at you. How long have the republicans been in charge with the State of Michigan.
I Got Gas wrote:
<quoted text>
You f uckin hypocrite!!! The repukes only had the house for 20 days!!!
How long have your dummycraps been in charge before the repukes took over??? IMBECILE!!!

Since: Jul 09

SW Michigan

#19 Jan 24, 2011
See what happens when the Conservatives win back the House? Big Oil rears it's greedy head -AGAIN.

Where are the brave Republicans willing to put their aaas on the line and help the country move ahead with green energy?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#20 Jan 24, 2011
Bubbly4now wrote:
See what happens when the Conservatives win back the House? Big Oil rears it's greedy head -AGAIN.
Where are the brave Republicans willing to put their aaas on the line and help the country move ahead with green energy?
Gee, I don't know Bubbles???? Where are the Dems and the Environmental Wheenies who are willing to put their behinds on the line and move forward with so-called "green" energy???? It has not a darn thing to do with the Republicans, but rather, the speculators, once again, driving the cost of oil higher and higher which will only damage the economy, ONCE AGAIN! And President Obama promised to put a stop to that when he was campaigning??? Care to look into the background and see how much money he received from Big Oil to do what he has done???? I didn't think so...you are not courageous enough to look behind door #3 and see which elephant is there (or should I say donkey????)
RFist383

Vicksburg, MI

#21 Jan 24, 2011
radell wrote:
<quoted text>Where's your evidence that that's why gas is going up? My reading on the subject lists the causes as quite different.
Ya, so, lets not drill at all, W_t f..........

By the way they need a ton of rice in China, well hell they might as well put a moratorium up right now to not grow rice. right?

and don't say it's an un-even argument, I will not accept that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 2 hr Oneal 15
Movie Theater Demolished 2 hr Oneal 14
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 8 hr JimGR 937
A long-time cafe in the East Hills are may close 16 hr Dominic 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Sun Go Blue Forever 1,328
Meet The Press Sat Go Blue Forever 3
why war with isis? Fri Colonel Sanders 15
•••
•••
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••