Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#1 Nov 18, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/oregon-health-exchange-...

[Despite grand ambitions, an early start, millions of dollars from the federal government and a tech-savvy population, Oregon's online enrollment system still isn't ready more than a month after it was supposed to go live. The state has resorted to hiring or reassigning 400 people to process insurance applications by hand.

"We're all surprised and frustrated that we're in the position that we're in now," said Jesse O'Brien, a health care advocate at the Oregon State Public Interest Research Group, which lobbied for the exchange...]

And it gets worse from there...

READ THIS ARTICLE ... it's a state that ObamaCare had it's best and most supportive chance - and it's an utter catastrophe!

The article states one "BIG SUCCESS" however, in that Oregon did sign up 70,000 more Medicaid recipients ... LOL
Sassy

Byron Center, MI

#2 Nov 18, 2013
Oregon is a beautiful state, at least west of the mountains that is. Too bad it has been infested by progressive liberal types. Maybe the chemists at Johnson & Johnson, makers of RAID products can develop an aerosol that would make all the libs go away.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Nov 18, 2013
Sassy wrote:
Oregon is a beautiful state, at least west of the mountains that is. Too bad it has been infested by progressive liberal types. Maybe the chemists at Johnson & Johnson, makers of RAID products can develop an aerosol that would make all the libs go away.
LOL...they could call it 'douche be gone'
Iseestupidpeople

Grand Rapids, MI

#4 Nov 18, 2013
Sassy wrote:
Oregon has always been infested with liberal types you twat! Of course you'd have to get out of west Michigan once in a while to understand that! Portland Oregon is one of THE most progressive cities in the country with a phenomenal mass transit system, growing population, a solid local economy, a huge emphasis on the environment and possesses one of the fittest populations in the country. But go ahead and think west Michigan, with its fat slobs, dying population and ultra conservative, close minded rulers is the utopia you envision it to be. Meanwhile those libs in Oregon ain't goin nowhere! LOL! Infested by progressives!!!
Sassy

Byron Center, MI

#5 Nov 19, 2013
Iseestupidpeople wrote:
<quoted text>
Oregon has always been infested with liberal types you twat! Of course you'd have to get out of west Michigan once in a while to understand that! Portland Oregon is one of THE most progressive cities in the country with a phenomenal mass transit system, growing population, a solid local economy, a huge emphasis on the environment and possesses one of the fittest populations in the country. But go ahead and think west Michigan, with its fat slobs, dying population and ultra conservative, close minded rulers is the utopia you envision it to be. Meanwhile those libs in Oregon ain't goin nowhere! LOL! Infested by progressives!!!
Portland has thousands of homeless just like any other major city. Don't make it out to be some sort of metropolitan paradise. It has its hippy district full of long haired rejects and its white ghetto as well. I should add trash in the streets too...everywhere except on the highway where they clean it up and plant flowers because they don't want you to know what your driving into. Just join the CRC and be free from liberal tyranny once and for all you perfect example of God's carelessness!
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 Nov 19, 2013
Iseestupidpeople wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been there. It's OK ... about they greyest, rainiest place in the country.

The point you seem to be missing is that Humpty can't make a go of it in one of the most progressive states without stumbling, and those silly NorthWest hippies are going to be paying through their "Starbucks" for healthcare - when and if they can ever purchase it.

It's just illustrating that even with the greatest support this flawed government health grab can't even accomplish what it promised. It's nothing I care to argue with a troll about - just giving another example of why this law was a mistake.
Iseestupidpeople

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Nov 19, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been there. It's OK ... about they greyest, rainiest place in the country.
The point you seem to be missing is that Humpty can't make a go of it in one of the most progressive states without stumbling, and those silly NorthWest hippies are going to be paying through their "Starbucks" for healthcare - when and if they can ever purchase it.
It's just illustrating that even with the greatest support this flawed government health grab can't even accomplish what it promised. It's nothing I care to argue with a troll about - just giving another example of why this law was a mistake.
Ahhh, you've been there. I have two brothers who live there and get out to the PNW quite a bit. Grand Rapids is cloudier and grayer than Portland, so what was your point again?
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#8 Nov 19, 2013
Iseestupidpeople wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh, you've been there. I have two brothers who live there and get out to the PNW quite a bit. Grand Rapids is cloudier and grayer than Portland, so what was your point again?
http://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extreme...

Fact and reality is my point. And yours?
Iseestupidpeople

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Nov 19, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extreme...
Fact and reality is my point. And yours?
Your version of reality and actual reality are two different things, probably comes from watching too much Fox News. Your list is of the cloudiest MAJOR cities which obviously would not include Grand Rapids. Nice attempt at manipulating stats to try and prove a point though.
http://www.city-data.com/top2/c477.html
So if cloudiness makes a city miserable then where does that leave Grand Rapids? At least Portland has a vibrant/electric downtown, a colorful cast of characters, mountains and the ocean nearby (as well as the Columbia Gorge), great restaurants, happy and friendly people, great beer and mild winters.
Grand Rapids has a 2 block section of bars downtown, a TGI Friday's, average/bland midwesterners, a lake nearby that you can swim in 2 months a year, farm fields, bitter/angry people with attitudes and brutal/cold winters that last six months.
Portland is the city Grand Rapids only wishes it was, but will never be. With a continually growing population and a destination city for young Americans, infused with talent, their future looks bright. With it's dying population and inability to keep it's young people, Grand Rapids' future looks pretty bleak. Cheer up though, Grand Rapids still has Art Prize.
Iseestupidpeople

Grand Rapids, MI

#10 Nov 19, 2013
Getting back to your point about Oregon and the ACA. Oregon wants this and just because there are some bumps in the road to getting this going doesn't mean it won't work. Of course they're frustrated that it isn't going smoothly, that doesn't mean this Jesse O'Brien (or Oregon) wants to shelve the ACA. All I hear from you people is what's wrong with the ACA, you have no answers as to how and make it better. You all must believe that the health care industry is doing just fine and no action is necessary.

Evidently keeping people from getting insurance is the way to go so that in the end you end up paying for other people's free care. Makes sense. Evidently you believe that insurance companies should exempt you from coverage if you have a pre-existing condition like diabetes, a prenancy or heart disease. Makes sense. Evidently you're fine with insurance companies dropping coverage if you're diagnosed with a complicated and/or expensive condition. Makes sense. Full time college students under 26 should be dropped by their parent's policy. Makes sense.

Your only answer is to get rid of the ACA. That's it! Republicans had a chance to work on this bill with democrats but were too worried about getting elected in the next cycle. They didn't want to be seen working with a black/muslim/Kenyan president. Fact is the basic outline of the ACA, the individual mandate, is/was a conservative idea. you probably don't remember the Heritage Foundation pushing for it do you?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...

How about the guy you people put up for nomination against Obama--the guy who was chosen to defeat Obama and the ACA!!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/29/romn...

Go ahead and continue to root for this to fail. Continue to watch your fellow Americans denied coverage for life saving procedures. Continue to watch them file for bankruptcy and lose their home and belongings because they didn't have access to affordable health insurance. At least in the end you kept the black/Muslim/Kenyen guy from succeeding. Congrats!
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Nov 24, 2013
Iseestupidpeople wrote:
Getting back to your point about Oregon and the ACA. Oregon wants this and just because there are some bumps in the road to getting this going doesn't mean it won't work. Of course they're frustrated that it isn't going smoothly, that doesn't mean this Jesse O'Brien (or Oregon) wants to shelve the ACA. All I hear from you people is what's wrong with the ACA, you have no answers as to how and make it better. You all must believe that the health care i
Your only answer is to get rid of the ACA. That's it! Republicans had a chance to work on this bill with democrats but were too worried about getting elected in the next cycle. They didn't want to be seen working with a black/muslim/Kenyan president. Fact is the basic outline of the ACA, the individual mandate, is/was a conservative idea. you probably don't remember the Heritage Foundation pushing for it do you? Continue to watch them file for bankruptcy and lose their home and belongings because they didn't have access to affordable health insurance. At least in the end you kept the black/Muslim/Kenyen guy from succeeding. Congrats!
You surprise me. There are times you have cognizant, sensible comments, and then there's the claptrap, snarky attack posts like your last two that are more akin to the resident trolls, Bob and pipedream, that I generally just ignore because it's a waste of time to pay attention to them. Are you serious about intelligent current topic discussions, or are you just another ignorant pipedream?

I'll try to bring this back to a sensible discussion, sans outlandish suggestions like the I want to" throw grandma from the cliff", and "you don't like him because he's black" rhetoric you're suggesting.

I agree with you on one thing. The republicans have failed to properly pitch an alternative plan to ACA. They are playing politics and letting the public disgust with Obama's Humpty.gov debacle sink in to the American public. If they were to come out publicly right now with an alternative health care plan, they know it would change the focus from Humpty to their plan, and open themselves up for attacks on their plan instead of attacks on the democrats' ineptitude and Obama's lies.

I have no defense for this kind of political gamesmanship by the GOP, aside from saying if the shoe were on the other foot, the democrats would be doing the same thing in spades, and with a far more energized liberal media backing their attacks up. If you don't agree that the progressive machine wouldn't be taking full advantage of a broken website and a flat-out lie if it were against the GOP, then there's no need for further discussion because, like your pals Bob and pipedream, you're beyond reason. These games are played by both parties.

Conservatives HAVE offered alternatives to Obamacare, and repeatedly from the very beginning. TORT reform to reduce the frivolous lawsuits and reduce cost, traveling policies to increase competition and offer Americans far more variety of plans, vouchers to address low-income citizens.
The only areas they haven't offered much on is pre-existing conditions and allowing adults to stay on their parents' plan far beyond a reasonable age. The reasons for this are obvious, it costs too much.

If we were to have worked on a plan that included the GOP's common-sense plans, and worked for compromise on pre-existing conditions, we would be far better off now than having allowed the progressives to implement one of their pet projects of "fundamentally transforming" America into some unrealistic progressive Utopia, which we are currently learning is as untenable as conservative have warned.

If you're serious about intelligent debate on topics then I suggest you refrain from sounding like Bob and pipedream. I'd also suggest, if you're serious about open and resectable discussion, you change your name to something less insulting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grand Rapids; a good place to live? (Mar '12) 4 hr elenaounis 186
Mana s arrest is linked to deadly barbershop sh... 6 hr Gville Jim 2
Al Sharpton's Marchers in New York City Chant "... 6 hr Gville Jim 16
Jesus Steals Christmas Back From Satan 9 hr DrX 13
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 14 hr Go Blue Forever 1,494
pope-a-dope Sat Really 3
welcome to the new black america Sat Really 6
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News