|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you understand a whole lot about anything. So I guess it really doesn't matter what you think does it?
Thank you for your in depth review, and my reply to someone OTHER THAN YOU!
Your opinion is very highly reguarded here.
LOL!
Really

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
And why do you care so much about what he watches, dislikes and articulates his views why he dislike? Does hearing someone's views that makes sense or has truth to it, bother you? I suppose his views are part of another conspiracy by the left, therefore he should be cast to the pit and the fire.
Stalking me are you? I wasn't addressing my question to you, dipwad. Wiggley and I have had several conversations and can discuss this very well without you trying to interject your class warfare/party crap into the discussion. Wiggley is not a liberal or a conservative. Of course, if you could read, you would have already known that. Now, that's a good little bug, crawl back under Mommy's bed and go to sleep.
Really

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not surprised at all that you don't understand. That's the basic premise of your christian religion is to not understand others and their right to believe differently than you and to teach that anyone who would dare to do such a thing is hateful and despises you. Been there, done that. I dared to do something you won't do, nor will you allow your children to do...ask questions, and not just accept the "Because I told you so" answers.
I was not seeking to see the program, I stumbled upon it and decided to watch because this thread was started based on how "wonderful" it was. Turns out it turned my stomach. The program holds little if any historical factual information. The thought that a human being would allow themselves to take their child to a sacrifical alter over a god-being's demands was disghusting. It truely reminded me of Andrea Yates and her killing of her children. I guess the god-being didn't intervene soon enough...Why, just why, would your god-being not stop her as it did Abraham? Different god-being? Which one shall we all pick that's the right one??
Contrary to what you have allowed yourself to believe, I do not necessarily not believe in a "higher power". I did not say that nor did I ever imply that.
My, my, my, a little testy about an honest inquiry, aren't you? You don't believe in the Bible and your constant reference to "god being" tells me you don't believe in Him either. So, which higher power do you believe in, IF you believe in one? Another honest question Wiggley, not an attack or even a response to your attack on me for an honest inquiry.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Its is very easy for me to separate the christian idea of god and all other so called religions. There is only one god it exists only in human consciousness its not some entity that is hanging out somewhere in a place called heaven it is in all of us, some people just cant accept the fact that we are all part of the same thing we are one. There are those though that want it to be something else so they can preach and get paid, or spread fear and hate.

If you read the bible correctly instead of with a slant you can plainly see it is telling all of us that we have a choice on how to live. You can create your own hell or your own heaven its a choice it is up to each individual. Jesus ain't coming in the clouds, the only judge is the one in our heads. And when we die our spirits are set free from this human existence and we travel on.....
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

So what you're saying is we better be good. Dispense with all that hate and anger lest we end up having to live with it (in the afterlife) until we learn to stop hating and being angry? Said another way, we may not get another chance in real time.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
Get real Batch. I'm a Christian and I know Christianity doesn't have a lock on such behaviors as compassion, tolerance, charity... An insightful look into your own comments about food stamp recipients and social welfare programs in general would prove that there are "Christians" that don't follow those tenants.
So the confiscation of labor by the govt leads to charity....... Not.... Govt has no place in theft for generational entitlement programs........ Govt is not a parent.......
bobolinq

Comstock Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

what a delusional bunch of clap trap this all is.

deity worship is the biggest scam in the history of mankind.

ever notice how no actual tangible, scientific methodology god word exists.

it's all inspired, felt, dreamed, etc.

sounds drug induced to me.

ironic isn't it that the entire old testament comes from the mouth of Jews, the among the most despised people walking around today and yet they cover themselves pretty good by saying they are god's anointed, then quickly point out the scriptural passages, they wrote down to prove it.
anybody else see something wrong with this picture.

then the Catholic's claim by right of divine interpretation that god calls them the only true church. why is it only they can discern saintliness?

whew boy, i guess humans want immortality so bad they hold onto phony myths and legends for millenniums?

we exist, we die; if anything matters, it's what we do for or to each in between that really only matters.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

bobolinq wrote:
ironic isn't it that the entire old testament comes from the mouth of Jews, the among the most despised people walking around today...
Now that is what you call bigotry.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Originally, it was numbers of people viewing which put you on the offense to knock good people who learn something good for their lives and it makes them happy. You can't handle that fact. You had to curse all religion and Gods in your attack claiming they were dysfunctional..... Typical of a Progressive, you started Projection again..... Yet you missed the point of the story you mocked as you do not understand it..... The Aztec had human sacrifices for their God if you missed that reference too.....
Actually I've made little or no mention of numbers of viewers, that was you bragging, not me, in the very first post.
As far as how many people watch I could care less. The more the better. How else are people going to experience the bloodthirsty christian god-being?
The god-being of the bible never "spoke" to Abraham just as it never spoke to Andrea Yates even though she claimed so. Why is that so hard for you to understand? It was no different then than it is today...except there was no legal system in place to prosecute Abraham for attempted murder.
The Aztecs and their god-beings are not trying to influence America today, right now, in this century...your christian religion is. I have yet to hear of a child murderer claiming they were told to do so by an Aztec god-being. The Aztecs were in fact slaughtered by christian religious fanatics...your christian religion.
Now try to keep up and stop making false accusations...and no, there's no persecution points for you today.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>You mean the behavior that teaches compassion and Charity? Yeah, that could be bad........ Progressives never give and that is good....... Like the difference between Europe and the USA.......
So a christian grey boxer changing names, teaching that deceipt is OK as long as they pray to their god-being for forgiveness is somehow related to compassion ans charity??

Do tell...
Jess Wundrin

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
So a christian grey boxer changing names, teaching that deceipt is OK as long as they pray to their god-being for forgiveness is somehow related to compassion ans charity??
Do tell...
Wiggs - since you have no belief in Christ, why do you spend so much time and venom against those who choose to follow his teachings? What are you afraid of?

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Really wrote:
<quoted text>My, my, my, a little testy about an honest inquiry, aren't you? You don't believe in the Bible and your constant reference to "god being" tells me you don't believe in Him either. So, which higher power do you believe in, IF you believe in one? Another honest question Wiggley, not an attack or even a response to your attack on me for an honest inquiry.
Maybe it was the way you asked the question or maybe it was the way I perceived it being asked. No harm, no foul.
The god-concept is perplexing. I can't say I do or don't believe in a god-being. I can say I do not believe it is the god of the christian or islamic religions. It does not require blood sacrifices...why would it? It does not require worship...why would it? The christian god has conflicting demands depending on which bible based christian sect one belongs to. The bible is chock full of contradictions and any religion based upon it would also be the same.
If I am to be judged some day it will be about the kind of person I was, not how much I gave to the tithe basket on Sunday or how many prayers I said.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

bobolinq wrote:
what a delusional bunch of clap trap this all is.
deity worship is the biggest scam in the history of mankind.
ever notice how no actual tangible, scientific methodology god word exists.
it's all inspired, felt, dreamed, etc.
sounds drug induced to me.
ironic isn't it that the entire old testament comes from the mouth of Jews, the among the most despised people walking around today and yet they cover themselves pretty good by saying they are god's anointed, then quickly point out the scriptural passages, they wrote down to prove it.
anybody else see something wrong with this picture.
then the Catholic's claim by right of divine interpretation that god calls them the only true church. why is it only they can discern saintliness?
whew boy, i guess humans want immortality so bad they hold onto phony myths and legends for millenniums?
we exist, we die; if anything matters, it's what we do for or to each in between that really only matters.
Boom!!!
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Jess Wundrin wrote:
<quoted text>
Wiggs - since you have no belief in Christ, why do you spend so much time and venom against those who choose to follow his teachings? What are you afraid of?
I think what he's saying is they AREN'T following Christ's teachings.

And from the posts for the right-wing "Christians" on here I tend to agree.

Not that I agree with Wiggley's perceptions of [a] God but more people have been killed, abused, imprisoned, harassed, demeaned and diminished in the name of God than by any other reasoning.

It might be interesting to SEE those preaching the most Christianity practicing the most Christianity...without using the 'we are all sinners' and 'we all are imperfect' as an excuse not to.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Oh, and another point: Because someone hears "a being" in their head does not make it God speaking to them. Evil also speaks to people's minds.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it was the way you asked the question or maybe it was the way I perceived it being asked. No harm, no foul.
The god-concept is perplexing. I can't say I do or don't believe in a god-being. I can say I do not believe it is the god of the christian or islamic religions. It does not require blood sacrifices...why would it? It does not require worship...why would it? The christian god has conflicting demands depending on which bible based christian sect one belongs to. The bible is chock full of contradictions and any religion based upon it would also be the same.
If I am to be judged some day it will be about the kind of person I was, not how much I gave to the tithe basket on Sunday or how many prayers I said.
This very hard to articulate. I can only hope it to be understood in the way intended.

Christ dispelled the blood sacrifices. Dispelled the offerings on the alter. They were (for lack of the better term) examples of personal sacrifice for the wisdom of God in what is best for people living their lives. Such as; going out and getting drunk for the purpose of having a good time is going to lead to the misery of a hangover. And if one is willing to suffer the hangovers for the price of a good time what about the killing of their liver over time leading to death.

Just because it makes us feel good and even may advantage us, it's not necessarily the right thing to be doing.

Too many take all of the Bible, and saddest too many teach it, as literal happenings rather than carnal examples for spiritual meaning(s.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Jess Wundrin wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically, if you really check your sources and history, you will find that those who think they are following the teachings of the Christ are actually following the teachings of Paul.
Also, it is not uncommon for christians to relate disagreement with hate when questioned or challenged. Hence your using the word "venom" and thinking I'm afraid of something.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically, if you really check your sources and history, you will find that those who think they are following the teachings of the Christ are actually following the teachings of Paul.
Also, it is not uncommon for christians to relate disagreement with hate when questioned or challenged. Hence your using the word "venom" and thinking I'm afraid of something.
The same can be said for those that equate disagreement with progressive ideology with hatred, anger and racism.

I totally get the atheist's comment regarding Christian hypocrisy, especially on this site where everyone seems to have gotten caught up in the personal insults and nastiness. I suppose most Christians who practice what they preach simply avoid sites like this one. The rest struggle, and some just choose to fight non-believers on their playing field using the same tactics.

As much as atheists don't want to hear it, or refuse to accept it as a reason, Christians are no more perfect than anyone else, and in many cases struggle more than most in trying to live as God wants them to. As such, they're as guilty of hypocrisy as anyone. I don't think you'll find too many Christians who wouldn't admit that they fail to live up to God's lofty expectations. Add to that the people who perform actions under the name of Christianity or religion that are anything but God-like.

I guess that makes Christians easier targets than those who have no moral compass to be held to aside from man's imperfect example.
Jess Wundrin

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my mistake. I apologize. I am soooo dumb! Forgive me.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
This very hard to articulate. I can only hope it to be understood in the way intended.
Christ dispelled the blood sacrifices. Dispelled the offerings on the alter. They were (for lack of the better term) examples of personal sacrifice for the wisdom of God in what is best for people living their lives. Such as; going out and getting drunk for the purpose of having a good time is going to lead to the misery of a hangover. And if one is willing to suffer the hangovers for the price of a good time what about the killing of their liver over time leading to death.
Just because it makes us feel good and even may advantage us, it's not necessarily the right thing to be doing.
Too many take all of the Bible, and saddest too many teach it, as literal happenings rather than carnal examples for spiritual meaning(s.
Never had a bone to pick with you SIB and can't imagine it ever happening. I agree with you 100% here.
Have a great day!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 5 min FIan 751
What about the Malaysian jetliner? 3 hr Denis 41
4 held nude in Saginaw jail seek damages on det... (Mar '08) 12 hr My Son My Son 38
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 12 hr Matt from Columbus 1,273
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Sat hehe 88
Why does French Onion soup give me such foul sm... (Mar '09) Sat Barbie 47
Does Anyone miss Rval? (Nov '12) Sat rval is a fool 48
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••