Clerk threatened with knife in gas st...

Clerk threatened with knife in gas station robbery

There are 22 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Aug 13, 2008, titled Clerk threatened with knife in gas station robbery. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Police in Wyoming are searching for a man who allegedly robbed the Marathon Gas Station on 28th Street SW early Wednesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Crime Down In GR

Middleville, MI

#1 Aug 13, 2008
Crime is down in GR because some of it has moved to Wyoming, Kentwood, and Gaines Township. Viruses left unchecked will spread.
Wanna Bet

Riverside, CA

#2 Aug 13, 2008
I gonna go out on a limb and say the suspect was a black male about 5-9 with black hair, black hoodie, and black pants. Oh, and he was wearing black tennis shoes.

That is all.
heas12

Detroit, MI

#3 Aug 13, 2008
Crime Down In GR wrote:
Crime is down in GR because some of it has moved to Wyoming, Kentwood, and Gaines Township. Viruses left unchecked will spread.
Amen !
heas12

Detroit, MI

#4 Aug 13, 2008
What do we have to do start putting armed guards at the gas stations & party stores ?

NOTHING worse than a THIEF !!!
Snowrider

Colorado Springs, CO

#5 Aug 13, 2008
heas12 wrote:
What do we have to do start putting armed guards at the gas stations & party stores ?
NOTHING worse than a THIEF !!!
No, all we need are more CCW's.

Since: May 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 Aug 13, 2008
Wanna Bet wrote:
I gonna go out on a limb and say the suspect was a black male about 5-9 with black hair, black hoodie, and black pants. Oh, and he was wearing black tennis shoes.
That is all.
I was wondering how soon the race card would be played, but you are probably 99% chance right, and right down to the outfit suspect was wearing. Sounds like we are going to have to stop having 24 hours gas stations. They will only be able to use credit/debit cards after 10:00 at night, and the store will be closed. Wouldn't that be interesting, self-serve gas stations. That would solve some problems and employment issues.
GR Mich

Tulsa, OK

#7 Aug 13, 2008
I heard this morning that is was a white male. Whitey did it!
It is just going to keep getting worse too. Every time I go into a gas station or my bank I just look at people and wonder if one of them is going to rob the place.
ohhh myyyyyy

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Aug 13, 2008
I allways thought that gas station had the bullet proff glass at the counter I could be wrong
hss

Glen Spey, NY

#9 Aug 13, 2008
If every knife-toting a**hole out there knew that the clerk had a .45 behind the counter, chances are good we wouldn't be reading this story.
GR Mich

Tulsa, OK

#10 Aug 13, 2008
I've never been in that one, but I know Speedway on Division south of 32nd has that glass.
B-I-G

United States

#11 Aug 13, 2008
They need to do like STL and put bulletproof glass up with a lazy susan encased in bulletproof glass. If this is the one on Buchanan, then why is the door to the cashier always open anyway? The counter is already enclosed in glass with a little space to slide money over. For someone to get robbed at knife point seems like an inside job to me. I have a friend that goes in there a couple of times a week, and I know that door works (to their glass encased register) because she slams it shut when he comes in after he gets off at 6am. Using the proper overnight protocol will deter theives from stealing in the first place, that's what they are there for!
Girl_that_got_ro bbed

Lawton, MI

#12 Aug 13, 2008
alright listen here.
for people to talk when they don't know what happened and don't know the details of what happened. you should probably keep your mouth shut. get lifes.
2nd im not going to sit down for 8 hours, sorrry im not lazy like the regular fat 3rd shifter that sits on his ass all night.
get lifes
<3
Girl_that_got_ro bbed

Lawton, MI

#13 Aug 13, 2008
Oh and ps.
if it was an inside job. i def. would have made sure there was a lot more money in my drawer then there was.
bitch
Marathon Lady

Layton, UT

#14 Aug 13, 2008
I work at the marathon that was robbed on wednesday morning.
the man was not black.
and it was a terrible thing that happened.
he will be caught.
suck it

Layton, UT

#15 Aug 13, 2008
girl that got robbed is right. you all are fuck heads. you dont know what went on. and everyone runs their shift differently. there is bullet proof glass at the station. they do have secure "night protocol" but sometimes things slip through the cracks like at all 24 hour convenience stores. armed robbery is a serious thing and its nothing to judge until its happened to you. so back off you uneducated low lifes.

“Be Respectful”

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids

#16 Aug 14, 2008
It would be a terrifying experience. I'm glad no one got hurt, and I certainly hope they catch this jerk.
girl_that_got_ro bbed

Plainwell, MI

#17 Aug 15, 2008
Oh, they'll get him.

cuz the dumbass came in 2 other times that same night. we got a good picture. wearing the same shoes and shorts all three times he came in

Since: May 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Aug 18, 2008
Have that got him yet? sounds like protocol was not followed, girl that got robbed, you are paid to stand in that cubby for 8 hours, then that is what you do. Isn't that your job. If protocol was followed the guy wouldn't have come in the second time, he came in the second time to see that you really aren't all that into the protocol. You were asking to get robbed. Sorry

“DRILL FOR OIL?, "YES WE CAN"”

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#20 Aug 18, 2008
Think, heroin being the new drug for kids, then the nice 30 to 40% increase on narural gas this winter, and the extra electic bill 15%.

Then we need like 20 to 30 years to have all these so called new jobs kick in.
They even rose our house tax, so you can exspect crime to get even worse thanks to a dem leading congress and Granholm.

she thinks this crime is the norm
SENDO

Wyoming, MI

#21 Aug 30, 2008
Maby the person who comitted the crime, rather they were black or white isnt as bad as you think and was forced into the situation by somthing he couldnt controll? Befor you judge a situation think about all angle's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
are the protesters going to jump 3 hr Gville Jim 42
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 9 hr Jimbo 1,157
Poll Any parents of children in jail forum (Jul '09) Feb 20 Carter 58
Art Van Scam (Oct '08) Feb 18 MUman 50
Local News Women (Apr '09) Feb 17 Anonymous 2,838
Texas Girl With a Great Plan (Sep '12) Feb 15 Gaxtell 74
News GR man charged in 2002 Kalamazoo murder (Aug '08) Feb 15 Like to know 28

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance