Joe Biden: ‘We Have to Go Spend Money...

Joe Biden: ‘We Have to Go Spend Money to Keep From Going Bankrupt’

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

Lakeshore

Grand Haven, MI

#1 Jul 16, 2009
Vice President Joe Biden told people attending an AARP town hall meeting that unless the Democrat-supported health care plan becomes law the nation will go bankrupt and that the only way to avoid that fate is for the government to spend more money.

Link:

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article...

This is INSANE. I think that Obama/Biden are trying to destroy America as we know it. Unfricken believable.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#2 Jul 16, 2009
Lakeshore wrote:
Vice President Joe Biden told people attending an AARP town hall meeting that unless the Democrat-supported health care plan becomes law the nation will go bankrupt and that the only way to avoid that fate is for the government to spend more money.
Link:
This is INSANE. I think that Obama/Biden are trying to destroy America as we know it. Unfricken believable.
Perhaps we should suggest to the Obamanation that they supply the funds to keep us afloat? I don't have anymore to give. I have to start saving to be able to afford insurance and electricity. What about you?

“Show faith through love”

Since: Jul 09

Jenison

#3 Jul 16, 2009
That's an interesting take on bankruptcy. I guess my hubby and I have been going about this all the wrong way. We were under the misconception that when you are short on money, you cut back, when apparently if we went on crazy spending sprees, we'd be through this rough patch already.

Those politicians, always using their heads...

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4 Jul 16, 2009
Lakeshore wrote:
Link:
Good Day,

I would correct Mr. Biden in that if this passes we will go bankrupt and healthcare will suffer massive setbacks. Taking billions of dollars artificailly out of the economy will lead to job losses, there is no argueing that fact. I mentioned before, I seem to remember reading for every $100K taken out of the economy, 10-15 jobs may be lost. With this program costing nearly a trillion dollars over ten years, we may very well be lead to a depression that will make the Great Depression look like a party of economic wealth! My family doctor has a heck of time getting paid for his Medicaide/Medicare patients (seriously considering not serving them, too expensive). Now, lets take a look at somethiong... numbers by the Dems are stating around 30 million without coverage, right? It is estimated that the current US population is around 310 million. So, those without are less that 10% of the population. So, we are going to risk the entire economy/medical field on such a small number of people? How does that make any sense what so ever? I am not saying some thought and rational changes may be neccessary, but the wat this is proposed is pure lunacy! At least there were two scathing reports that came out against this flawed legislation today that might just have an impact on the 15 conservative Democrats int he Senate.

Steelie

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5 Jul 16, 2009
Good Day,

Oops, didn't proof read for the typos...

Steelie

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#6 Jul 16, 2009
Talk about a "nattering nabob"

“BUD/S Class 92”

Since: Sep 08

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

#7 Jul 16, 2009
Notice that as things are getting worse and worse; tax increases coming from everywhere, unemployment not stopping at 8.5% like Maobama said, out of control spending, those on the left are getting quieter and quieter.

I think reality must have slapped them across the face.

“Employed taxpayer”

Since: Nov 08

West Olive

#8 Jul 17, 2009
It takes all kinds wrote:
Notice that as things are getting worse and worse; tax increases coming from everywhere, unemployment not stopping at 8.5% like Maobama said, out of control spending, those on the left are getting quieter and quieter.
I think reality must have slapped them across the face.
I think you're right to a point--the honeymoon is over and it's time to get to work.

It's reassuring to see that the system is working like our founding fathers intended--checks and balances.

It's every politicians job to get re elected
Batch 37 Pain is Good

Barnesville, OH

#9 Jul 17, 2009
What a moron..... Common Sense is going to come roaring back in 2010. I think Americans are going to look toward Conservative logic in reigning in this stupidity.

“Welcome to the Ghetto... ”

Since: Oct 08

WEST MI

#10 Jul 17, 2009
Health care plan idea - Take all the paid Government workers and make ALL them take the Government's health care plan ideas. If that program works maybe the rest of us U.S. citizens will buy into the health care plan, or if it is somewhat successful but has a few oversights iron out those wrinkles before turning it over to the rest of us, or if it totally fails just shut the heck up about the whole thing tried and failed program.

“ACLU--Jihad with a law degree”

Since: Sep 08

Knoxville, TN

#11 Jul 17, 2009
Oops, didn't see this one. Started another thread on the same topic.

Biden is making Palin look like Einstein.

Interesting idea, studwell. I like it.
bitter taxpayer

Byron Center, MI

#12 Jul 17, 2009
Wow wee.. Joe can fix all our problems in just...
4 letters... S-P-E-N-D

What an idiot!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 1 hr stewart scott 2,540
Bike licenses for road maintenance 16 hr Who 8
bruce jenner!? who cares! Wed Idea Maker 15
Review: Motorhomes 2 Go Aug 31 Jennie 3
Local News Women (Apr '09) Aug 31 Wyn 2,402
Old Thunder Chicken Club - Anyone Remember It? (Mar '07) Aug 30 Mike Barney 19
trump triumphant! Aug 29 Idea Maker 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages