Bill_Steffen_08_09_Winter_Forecast

Bill_Steffen_08_09_Winter_Forecast

There are 96 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Nov 13, 2008, titled Bill_Steffen_08_09_Winter_Forecast. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

We've got snow in the forecast for this weekend and early next week, and this could be the start of a very interesting winter here in West Michigan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Kim

Arvada, CO

#82 Nov 13, 2008
*forecast...I don't spell so great...But I ski, oh do I love to ski. Snow on!
auntnana

United States

#83 Nov 13, 2008
Just_me_ wrote:
I have a weather rock on my porch...it's VERY accurate!
* If rock is wet, it is raining.
* If rock is green, it rained a while ago.
* If rock is white, it is snowing.
* If rock is shaking, there is an earthquake.
* If rock is dry, the weather is fair.
* If rock is swinging, it's windy.
* If rock is warm, the sun is out.
* If rock is not visible, it's dark outside.
lol
* If rock is under water, there is a flood.
* If rock is gone, there is a tornado (Run!!)
lol
tomi

Big Rapids, MI

#84 Nov 13, 2008
what is up with your formating?

this is what i see on the browser-

e Arctic.  >Barrow at the northern tip of Alaska had 21? of snow in 28 days (they average 29? per year?it?

What is up with your ?? and >>s?

headedwest

Allegan, MI

#85 Nov 13, 2008
Bill they are really taking it out on you today OOOh I know I will call u with the weather we are having in Wyoming and you can use that the next day in Mich That way you will be close at least 50% of the time
(:-) PS thanks for letting us poke fun a little
DGI B

United States

#86 Nov 13, 2008
I'm still chuckling over Bill's "Cloud-a-Thon" term. That prediction is going to be spot on.

The rest of the temp. and precipitation forecast match what the caterpillar fuzz and winter coats on the horses tell me. It's gonna' be a cold one.
big daddy

Grand Rapids, MI

#87 Nov 14, 2008
Union All The Way wrote:
<quoted text>
How about partly cloudy with a chance of snow or rain.....
50% chance
Dirty politician

United States

#88 Nov 14, 2008
WHO CARES!!! why all the drama? All i can say is we will get snow and it is going to be cold.

“I'll think about it!”

Since: Nov 08

Lakeview

#89 Nov 14, 2008
DGI B wrote:
I'm still chuckling over Bill's "Cloud-a-Thon" term. That prediction is going to be spot on.
The rest of the temp. and precipitation forecast match what the caterpillar fuzz and winter coats on the horses tell me. It's gonna' be a cold one.
I don't like such forecasts! Still, I tend to believe mother nature's living forecasters more. It's just that we have yet to get a main heat source in our house this year! Time & money, home time is nearly non-existent for hubby. There's only so much I can physically do.
UGH! Cold weather please hold off!!!

Union All The Way

“So what!!”

Since: Apr 08

Lakeview, Mi.

#90 Nov 14, 2008
Unbelievable News wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like such forecasts! Still, I tend to believe mother nature's living forecasters more. It's just that we have yet to get a main heat source in our house this year! Time & money, home time is nearly non-existent for hubby. There's only so much I can physically do.
UGH! Cold weather please hold off!!!
Try this. I have one and it works great. See you live in Lakeview. Me too.

http://www.outsidewoodheater.com/page2.html

“I'll think about it!”

Since: Nov 08

Lakeview

#91 Nov 14, 2008
Union All The Way wrote:
<quoted text>
Try this. I have one and it works great. See you live in Lakeview. Me too.
http://www.outsidewoodheater.com/page2.html
Nice idea, but ACK! EXPENSIVE! Thanks though. Yup, Lakeview for 4 years now. Good ol' Amish country.

We have a wood burner my dad gave us & I've been cutting & stacking the wood myself. BUT it's mostly a no time issue. Ok, money's a big issue too.:-) If only winter could hold off for another year!
So what

Grand Rapids, MI

#92 Nov 14, 2008
A whole lot of words that amounted to nothing we didn't already know. You'd think if he's gonna "forecast" he'd at least include one.

Union All The Way

“So what!!”

Lakeview, Mi.

#93 Nov 16, 2008
Unbelievable News wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice idea, but ACK! EXPENSIVE! Thanks though. Yup, Lakeview for 4 years now. Good ol' Amish country.
We have a wood burner my dad gave us & I've been cutting & stacking the wood myself. BUT it's mostly a no time issue. Ok, money's a big issue too.:-) If only winter could hold off for another year!
No where near the price of a outside boiler.
tom

Greenville, MI

#94 Nov 17, 2008
Union All The Way wrote:
<quoted text>
No where near the price of a outside boiler.
really need it when gm shuts down here....for that matter, evrywhere if we don't save all your overpaid uaw butts. how do you like the taxpayers having to bail you out, because you can't compete! big concessions, or no bailout pal.

Union All The Way

“So what!!”

Lakeview, Mi.

#95 Nov 17, 2008
tom wrote:
<quoted text> really need it when gm shuts down here....for that matter, evrywhere if we don't save all your overpaid uaw butts. how do you like the taxpayers having to bail you out, because you can't compete! big concessions, or no bailout pal.
People like you brighten my day cause you make me laugh...hahahahahahahahahah. I'm not your pal Q bait. Go back to flipping your quarter pounder loser.
alfred

El Segundo, CA

#96 Nov 18, 2008
Good morning all. I just couldn't resist saying something about this article.
Bills' weather is more interesting than George’s weather on TV13. Who cares about an arrow hitting a bull’s eye? How dumb and old fashion. If you can or have good weather radar instruments that can tell the person what the weather is going to be then…. You don’t have to brain wash your viewers.“Watch my weather, I have an arrow pointing to a target so you can see how good I am”.
tom

Greenville, MI

#97 Nov 18, 2008
Union All The Way wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you brighten my day cause you make me laugh...hahahahahahahahahah. I'm not your pal Q bait. Go back to flipping your quarter pounder loser.
typical uaw response. I don't flip burgers, but don't insult that job. if the taxpayers decide not to pay your wages, it could be the job for many. have a nice day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
East Grand Rapids Mugshots and Criminal Arrest ... (Sep '16) May 25 east 3
News Holland's Hispanic population growing (May '08) May 23 bonds77 396
Local News Women (Apr '09) May 22 NewsFan13 2,905
Poll What about Obama's wife? (Aug '10) May 20 Horrific 378
Sonic's GR History? (Sep '09) May 12 Cdoxie 15
News The cold, hard facts about seven winter driving... (Nov '14) May 10 then thaw Floods ... 2
The Geek Group May 10 Redrider87 1

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages