Bill_Steffen_08_09_Winter_Forecast

We've got snow in the forecast for this weekend and early next week, and this could be the start of a very interesting winter here in West Michigan. Read more

Since: Jul 08

Saint Charles, IL

#22 Nov 13, 2008
The snow, even this weekend and next week, isn't here to stay.....I WILL NOT BE SCARED BY THIS FORECAST...
slapshot

United States

#23 Nov 13, 2008
If the Lions win 4 games our winter is suppose to be severe. Over the last 40 years this forcast has been more accurate than the weatherman. No way will that happen this year so I am looking forward to a mild winter and playing golf every month.

Saint Charles, IL

#24 Nov 13, 2008
slapshot wrote:
If the Lions win 4 games our winter is suppose to be severe. Over the last 40 years this forcast has been more accurate than the weatherman. No way will that happen this year so I am looking forward to a mild winter and playing golf every month.
LMAO
Michelle

Brookfield, WI

#25 Nov 13, 2008
hmm. Awesome... Cant wait for the boarding season to start!
G Palmer

Philadelphia, PA

#26 Nov 13, 2008
And this is why I moved to Phoenix from GR. Sunshine and perfect weather every day!
Snow Lady

Grand Rapids, MI

#27 Nov 13, 2008
Bring it on! This is Michigan. I cast my vote for a Winter Wonderland with a couple of zinger storms tossed in for some snuggly days and nights. Enough of this dreary rainy stuff. This is not Seattle! We had a beautiful Autumn, now lets has a lovely winter.
web

Peninsula, OH

#28 Nov 13, 2008
What, We must have to stayed tuned till six o'clock to here what the forcast is.. Why even put it on the news till he says it.. All Billy Goats
O-Boi

United States

#29 Nov 13, 2008
ummm am i missing the rest of the article???
I still dont see his forcast just the things he studies to make his forcast...

Since: Nov 08

Allendale MI

#30 Nov 13, 2008
Did I miss something?!?! What's the forecast then??
Mick

Grand Rapids, MI

#31 Nov 13, 2008
Awe poop!
Jon Lewis

Grand Rapids, MI

#32 Nov 13, 2008
Yeah, Bill. You didn't really tell us anything here. The only thing you forecasted was the next week to ten days. You hint around that we might see snow like last year but don't actually forecast anything. Why not title it Bill Steffen's Nov. 13 to Nov. 23 Forecast?
Rob in GR

Grand Rapids, MI

#33 Nov 13, 2008
I bet in March, we'll get the MOST accurate forecast for winter '08/'09.
Hmmmm

Ann Arbor, MI

#34 Nov 13, 2008
Where's the 08-09 forecast? I guess WoodTV 8 is stretching for top stories if they can't even deliver on a headline!
my two cents

Ionia, MI

#35 Nov 13, 2008
slapshot wrote:
If the Lions win 4 games this year, hell will freeze over.

Saint Charles, IL

#36 Nov 13, 2008
my two cents wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Lions win 4 games this year, hell will freeze over.
I think its more like, hell will hath frozen over
O-Boi

United States

#37 Nov 13, 2008
apparently the guy who is running the web page, or the one who is writting the article left out that they will be posting more information this afternoon and that this will be aired tonight at 6PM.
Bills blog has the information stating that more is to come.
anybody else think the website sucks now.

Allendale MI

#38 Nov 13, 2008
O-Boi wrote:
apparently the guy who is running the web page, or the one who is writting the article left out that they will be posting more information this afternoon and that this will be aired tonight at 6PM.
Bills blog has the information stating that more is to come.
anybody else think the website sucks now.
Oh Yeah, I don't like the new set up AT ALL! Throws me everytime...sucks!

United States

#39 Nov 13, 2008
One job where you can be wrong, still have a job the next day and a paycheck at the end of the week.

“I'll think about it!”

Lakeview

#40 Nov 13, 2008
Mick wrote:
Awe poop!
Actually, that pretty much sums up Michigan weather 8 to 9 months out of the year!

How about just answering a few SIMPLE questions...

Will we need to pull out the shovel OR the snowblower?

Should we get All-Season Radials OR Snow Tires?

Should we put snow blades on our wipers?

Should we pull out the snow brush/ice scraper or just find a new place to park our car?

OR...

Should we just pack up & move to FL or AZ?

Much simpler!
Beverly Williams

United States

#41 Nov 13, 2008
I think I'll go look for wooly worms.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shop owner will deny - openly gay' customers 8 hr Brian_G 37
Art Van Scam (Oct '08) 23 hr fuckoff 49
PathologicalLliar Sat Batch 37 in pain_... 5
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Sat tom wingo 1,843
News This Woman Didn't Get Any Bacon In Her Burger S... Apr 16 Gerald 48
gyrocopter subverts message Apr 16 bobolinq 1
hillary clinton - 3D Apr 15 Gville Jim 3
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]