ADHD stimulants could cause heart problems in children with und...

The decision to put a child on drugs for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder can be difficult to make. Full Story

“Just Thinking”

Since: Nov 07

Rockford, MI

#2 May 21, 2008
ADD and ADHD medications are prescribed too often.

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#3 May 21, 2008
Agreed. I think they are often prescribed to calm down a rambunctious child who is not really ADHD.

“Have a nice day!”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#4 May 21, 2008
The neurofeedback treatments that cause the brain to re-train itself into more of a focused, calm state, are costly: 1000.00 for 8 weeks, and of course not covered by insurance. However, insurance will pay for a lifetime of ritalin or other drugs, at ten times or more the cost of the treatments.. things need to change, but getting insurance companies to think smart is nearly impossible.

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#5 May 21, 2008
mama knows wrote:
The neurofeedback treatments that cause the brain to re-train itself into more of a focused, calm state, are costly: 1000.00 for 8 weeks, and of course not covered by insurance. However, insurance will pay for a lifetime of ritalin or other drugs, at ten times or more the cost of the treatments.. things need to change, but getting insurance companies to think smart is nearly impossible.
The typical corporate nearsightedness, what's the return this month? Don't worry about the year, business must grow this month! The "old fashioned" people who owned the locally owned businesses were wise enough to look at the long term and be willing to forgo immediate results to get long term results which were greater in the long run.

“LET'S GO RED WINGS!!”

Since: Aug 07

America

#6 May 21, 2008
I have lived with ADHD my entire life, without medication. I do see how it affects kids in traditional classrooms, but instead of medicating a learning style, I believe we should be tailoring the learning environment to the needs of the child. Then we wouldn't have to worry about the damage of medications on certain conditions.
Becki

Muskegon, MI

#7 May 21, 2008
My stepson has ADHD. He is on one of the many meds. Without his medication he is more than rambongcous!! He still has a hard time focusing even with the meds. The new treatments of course aren't covered by insurance. He has a very hard time in school as well as other social aspects of life.
Life isn't always black and white. Meds aren't really perfect. But, for most of us parents, thats all the help we can obtain for our kids. ADHD can be serious! If he had cancer, we'd have more options to save his life. There just isn't with ADHD.

Since: Sep 08

Mumbai, India

#8 Oct 2, 2008
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a neurobehavioral developmental disorder affecting about 3-5% of the worlds population.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#9 Oct 3, 2008
Researchers Fail to Reveal Full Drug Pay

A world-renowned Harvard child psychiatrist whose work has helped fuel an explosion in the use of powerful antipsychotic medicines in children earned at least $1.6 million in consulting fees from drug makers from 2000 to 2007 but for years did not report much of this income to university officials, according to information given Congressional investigators.

By failing to report income, the psychiatrist, Dr. Joseph Biederman, and a colleague in the psychiatry department at Harvard Medical School, Dr. Timothy E. Wilens, may have violated federal and university research rules designed to police potential conflicts of interest, according to Senator Charles E. Grassley, Republican of Iowa. Some of their research is financed by government grants.

Like Dr. Biederman, Dr. Wilens belatedly reported earning at least $1.6 million from 2000 to 2007, and another Harvard colleague, Dr. Thomas Spencer, reported earning at least $1 million after being pressed by Mr. Grassley’s investigators. But even these amended disclosures may understate the researchers’ outside income because some entries contradict payment information from drug makers, Mr. Grassley found.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/08/us/08confli...

----------

There is "NO TEST" for chemical balance and psychiatry would not know the difference between a good chemical balance or a bad chemical balance to make judgment of any mental illness or to prescribe any mind medication that may have some undesirable and harmful effects on a patient.

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp...

The psychiatic evaluation depends on hearsay and actions of that person / child.

To me the industry is a fraud in the medical sciences and is political for social control.
Praying For Justice

AOL

#10 Oct 3, 2008
These drug's are USELESS! ADHD is a freud as well. Whar's REALLY going on when a child is diagnosed with "ADHD" is that they are actually nutritionally deficient. The brain is starving for Omega 3's and B vitamins and Amino acids and other things as well. But Big Pharma came up with this fraud so that it would generate them billions in profit. This is all at the expense of a childs life! Also, school districts are making 500.00 off from each child that they can get on these evil drug's! What a crazy world we live in.......all in the name of GREED!
Praying For Justice

AOL

#11 Oct 3, 2008
Here is a free interview with DR. Fred Baughman on the fraud of ADHD

http://www.truthpublishing.com/fredbaughman_p...
Caleb

Czech Republic

#12 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Since: Jul 13

Fuzhou, China

#13 Sep 25, 2013
New York University, conducted a meta-analysis showed that the treatment of attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity (ADHD) stimulants such as methylphenidate and amphetamine increased heart rate, blood pressure, and QT interval. Before starting treatment should be carried out on children and ECG screening without other underlying cardiac disease.
HumanSpirit

High Springs, FL

#16 Jun 11, 2014
No science to psychiatry. A Political fraud that is harming our children worldwide.

Don't allow mind drugging of your child. Protect your child. Protect your civil rights. Protect your Human rights.

Protect and defend the Constitution of the United States from enemies foreign and domestic.
VACCINE VICTIMS

Winnipeg, Canada

#17 Jun 11, 2014
Pharma has decades of practice developing and marketing faulty, fraudulent products, and defending them in lawsuit after lawsuit. With obvious protection and collusion from agencies like FDA and CDC they are near untouchable and FDA approval means it approves using consumers as free test subjects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus Steals Christmas Back From Satan 47 min Oneal 11
Al Sharpton's Marchers in New York City Chant "... 1 hr Gville Jim 14
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 1 hr Buffalo Bull 1,493
pope-a-dope Sat Really 3
welcome to the new black america Sat Really 6
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... Fri DrX 71
Review: Kitten Flower Boutique Fri Brit 1
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:32 am PST

NBC Sports 7:32AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?
ESPN 7:39 PM
On the house: Bar offers free tab if Lions win
CBS Sports 6:44 AM
Lions DC Teryl Austin emerging as hot candidate for coaching jobs
ESPN 7:12 AM
Sources: Some Bears coaches fear firings