Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated May 26, 2013

Since: May 13

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 22, 2013
 
Whats the best way to find a "hippie" woman?

Since: May 13

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 22, 2013
 
Cloud9days wrote:
Whats the best way to find a "hippie" woman?
Im 18 and male btw
SOS in Mesa

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 22, 2013
 
Cloud9days wrote:
<quoted text>
Im 18 and male btw
You should have been around in the 60s.
They dont exist

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 22, 2013
 
There is no such thing. The last couple of generations are completely void of principles and ideas. They have been lulled into mediocrity by things like social media and the corporate world. Walking billboards. Complete copies of one another. No individuality what so ever. Not a single meaningful thought in their diluted little brains of theirs. These are the generations of things and distractions not thought and action. There are no more hippies, the word has become a metaphor. Even those who used to be hippies can't be called hippies anymore. We've become a nation of hillbillies and yuppyite corporate whores. You're either one or the other. My advice to you would be to decide which one you are and then set your sites accordingly.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 23, 2013
 
They dont exist wrote:
There is no such thing. The last couple of generations are completely void of principles and ideas. They have been lulled into mediocrity by things like social media and the corporate world. Walking billboards. Complete copies of one another. No individuality what so ever. Not a single meaningful thought in their diluted little brains of theirs. These are the generations of things and distractions not thought and action. There are no more hippies, the word has become a metaphor. Even those who used to be hippies can't be called hippies anymore. We've become a nation of hillbillies and yuppyite corporate whores. You're either one or the other. My advice to you would be to decide which one you are and then set your sites accordingly.
Opinions vary and I understand what you are saying, but there are still individualists, seekers if you will who don't abide to the distractions of modern society, though we have learned to navigate in this world we know that there are still enclaves of that independent spirit once known as the hippie movement. Seek and yea shall find its there.
Donald

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 23, 2013
 
They dont exist wrote:
There is no such thing. The last couple of generations are completely void of principles and ideas. They have been lulled into mediocrity by things like social media and the corporate world. Walking billboards. Complete copies of one another. No individuality what so ever. Not a single meaningful thought in their diluted little brains of theirs. These are the generations of things and distractions not thought and action. There are no more hippies, the word has become a metaphor. Even those who used to be hippies can't be called hippies anymore. We've become a nation of hillbillies and yuppyite corporate whores. You're either one or the other. My advice to you would be to decide which one you are and then set your sites accordingly.
Have to disagree. The hippies are now wearing suits in Washington DC. They are still devoid of moral value, looking for a free ride from the very society that they criticize. Case in point - Obama, Hillary Clinton, John Cary, Nancy Pelosi - to mention a prominent few.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Donald wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to disagree. The hippies are now wearing suits in Washington DC. They are still devoid of moral value, looking for a free ride from the very society that they criticize. Case in point - Obama, Hillary Clinton, John Cary, Nancy Pelosi - to mention a prominent few.
I have to disagree, Pelosi! a hippie? BHO! a hippie? man u just made me chuckle. They are the "man" and always have been, Pelosi is one of those rich b's who never had to work for nothin she has no appreciation for the independent spirit that the hippie movement was, if one thinks about the hippie movement they were true conservatives wanting to be left alone to live their own life the way they want to, without interference, and you try to tell us that the above people you wrote about believe that. Believe me there are no hippies in our government wearing suits and ties trying fundamentally change us into slaves.
They dont exist

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 25, 2013
 
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>I have to disagree, Pelosi! a hippie? BHO! a hippie? man u just made me chuckle. They are the "man" and always have been, Pelosi is one of those rich b's who never had to work for nothin she has no appreciation for the independent spirit that the hippie movement was, if one thinks about the hippie movement they were true conservatives wanting to be left alone to live their own life the way they want to, without interference, and you try to tell us that the above people you wrote about believe that. Believe me there are no hippies in our government wearing suits and ties trying fundamentally change us into slaves.
You got that right.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 25, 2013
 
Cloud9days wrote:
<quoted text>
Im 18 and male btw
I wont say they're hippies but there are lots of cute new age type girls in Traverse City hopefully it will warm up soon and it becomes bikini heaven. I am not saying there is free love to be had you may have to take them to dinner and go dancing but hey that's the fun part..
setrlvr

Lake Odessa, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 25, 2013
 
Pelosi was mistakenly called a hippie because she acts like she took a lot of drugs in the 60's. Isn't that what hippies did? Ick.
They dont exist

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 25, 2013
 
setrlvr wrote:
Pelosi was mistakenly called a hippie because she acts like she took a lot of drugs in the 60's. Isn't that what hippies did? Ick.
Hippies understood that both parties sucked and all politicians were scum. Seems you're towing your party's line and haven't figured that out yet.
setrlvr

Lake Odessa, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 26, 2013
 
Oh I figured it alright with no help necessary. You are quite right though. However,I was momentarily blinded by the name Pelosi as I'm always astounded that she has any place in society, let alone government.
They dont exist

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 26, 2013
 
I spent three years on tour with the Dead back in the late 80's. I sold artwork, sandwiches and beer to get me to the next town and lived out of a station wagon. I was in my early twenties and had just graduated from college but wasn't ready for the whole 9-5 thing. Even then the scene was made up mostly of the wanna bees and the weekend warriors. The ones who kept everyone in check were the older group, the ones who went through the war movement and the loss of people like MLK. They were in their late thirties and early forties by then. It was a great way to see the country, I saw them in over 25 different states and traveled through many more. It was the adventure of a lifetime. At the root of the hippy movement was the desire to live freely and without restraints and to toss aside any preconceived perceptions about what normal means. Individualism above all else, well that and self expression. Jerry Garcia was once asked: Why the following? What draws so many people to the Grateful Dead experience? His answer: it's the last great American adventure. Nobody rides the rails anymore, nobody is trying to conquer the west, adventures are hard to come by and people will always be thirsty for them.
setrlvr

Lake Odessa, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 26, 2013
 
Did it make you mad when people compared the OWS crowd with what you just noted? It sounds like you had a very rich and exciting life so far.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 26, 2013
 
They don't exist; wrote

His answer: it's the last great American adventure. Nobody rides the rails anymore, nobody is trying to conquer the west, adventures are hard to come by and people will always be thirsty for them.

Yep I agree maybe if we started adventuring a little more we would all be better off.

Started my new adventure about a year ago and it just keeps getting better....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New Year's Rapist Takes Plea Deal 29 min Oneal 4
When will the poledancer grow a set? 41 min Oneal 5
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 1 hr Oneal 805
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 13 hr Shes awful 79
Local News Women (Apr '09) 22 hr Red Wood 2,294
What about the Malaysian jetliner? Tue Gville Jim 56
Fifth Third Bank loses $202 million (Jul '08) Tue JACK 216
•••
•••
•••
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••